Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trapsin = Keyrunner?? Need help to transmute!

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by LarryPaul, Oct 23, 2006.

1. LarryPaul

LarryPaul IncGamers Member

Trapsin = Keyrunner?? Need help to transmute!

Hi

I was just wondering if I could transmute my trapsin into an efficient keyrunner.

My stuff as it is now:
    bartuc's
    spirit
    shako
    nature's peace
    rare ring
    crendenum
    IK gloves+boots
    +2traps amu
    viperskin

my stuff when I've made her into a keyrunner:
    wizardspike
    spirit
    shako
    nature's peace
    FCR ring
    aracnid
    magefist
    undecided boots (maybe waterwalks?)
    undecided amu
    enigma

stats:

my skills are all lightning traps, and of/c the necessary shadow skills.
    my merc is currently an act1 with the vigor bow for extra speed to run terror key. But with enig that wouldn't be a prob, so I guess i should go act2 freeze?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

2. jag

jag IncGamers Member

For Terror (countess) and Hate (summoner) your set up is fine. No real challenge to them other than getting to them quickly. May want to consider insight merc to telly continiously.

Destruction (nihlathak) are a bit of a challenge. 1st off the natures peace wont work on traps since they are considered minions. The next problem is snakes - dont bother with and A2 merc since he will just keep walking right to the snakes killing himself in the bugged poison cloud. You can handle the light immune snakes with death sentries or use fire blast. Just make sure you stand still or teleport - dont try to walk/run when fighting them. A 1 point fireblast can take out snakes in about 5-7 shots - not quick but it works.
    The most challenging part is get nihlathak -- look for a clear hallway or draw the monsters out so there are no corpses on the ground near nihlathaks chamber. I generally then hide behind a corner and throw 4 light sentry and 1 death sentry into his chamber -- when they get done shooting i will then move slowly in throwing more traps farther into his room - watch for corpses, avoid them -- keep doing this till room is clear. Rarely do i even see nilathak - just have to look for his treasure pile - generally 2-5 things including probably biggest pile of gold and a few magic/rare/uniques and of course hopefully a key. Stay alert, nihlathak has been light immune and snuck out the other side before on me -- quite a surprise to find him alive and pissed off outside of his chamber. If light immune, maybe a1 merc can handle or try to get him over bodies for death sentry - or even fireblast him though it can be slow.

Its not the fastest, safest, or most efficient build to run nilathak, but it can be done.

3. LarryPaul

Thanks for your comment. The whole purpose in the transmute was to avoid having to lvl yet another char, so it's no surprise that this is not the savest/fastest way. But how do you consider my item choice? Would it do?

4. jag

jag IncGamers Member

Should work fine. Stormshield could be helpful. Play with ring/ammys for fcr or more resistances -

I have run nihlathak with dual trap claws. Weapon block works well. I have a cta and spirit shield on switch which gives me just enough fcr to get a decent telly speed.

5. LarryPaul

Hehe, I'm not THAT rich, but I can manage to do a CTA.
    Again, thanks for your input.

6. jag

jag IncGamers Member

?? rich?

stormshield - pul or so
    trap claws - shopped from hell anya
    cta - costs way more than anything elso i mentioned.

7. TheRisingX

TheRisingX IncGamers Member

I run Nihl with my Tal Set FB Sorc, I very rarely die and its when there is a crowd of vipers with bad tele lag. It's a good idea sometimes to kill the monsters outside his "ring" and slowly move in bit by bit. However there is still that problem of his CE getting you. Good Block/Fire Res and sufficient life will help a lot in this case.

8. Dstarfelia

Dstarfelia IncGamers Member

i am key running with my trapsin, Granted i do have better items than you (infinity on merc) But when i get to nithi i used to die alot. Now i tele to him and hide in the corner right before his chamber (i use the wall color pattern thingie) and cast one lightning sentry and 4 death sentrys, and it clears the chamber in less than 3 seconds. Keep waheed back before the combo goes off and you can run him pretty quick.

9. LarryPaul

I was referring to trap-claws... which i THOUGHT costed like 7-8ists! But they can easily be shopped by Anya??? Wtf??

Gonna try this! hope you're not bs'ing me.

10. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

I was referring to trap-claws... which i THOUGHT costed like 7-8ists! But they can easily be shopped by Anya??? Wtf??

They can be found from Anya. However... good claws can not be found "easily".

11. Auberdahn

Auberdahn IncGamers Member

Shop for claws by getting Anya's portal up then keep going in and out of the portal checking her claws. Everytime you go in-out of the portal it resets her shop. Try get +3traps +3(some trap skill) claws. Takes alot of clicking before you find +3trap +3ls :D

I would go for wizardspike + 35fcr spirit for teleing and then switch to dual trap claws. When I do pit runs I use trap claws and +3shadow +3sm claws on switch so I don't need many points in SM. Gives a healthy boost to fade/BoS also.

12. jag

jag IncGamers Member

you can get 1-2 all assy skills or 1-3 trap skill - both can also have 1-3 light sentry on one claw.

Easy to shop +3 (total assy/trap and light sentry)-- bit harder to get 4

+5 will take quite a bit of work

+6 will take alot of time and huge luck if you ever even get to see one.

a +5 or +6 with other good mods can be worth alot.

You get a +6 with 3 sockets in a runic talon or greater claw (both -30 base) with 40 ias and 1 to mindblast you have hit the jackpot -- worth likely 100+ hr