Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trapsassin questions

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Muzzy Roberto, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Muzzy Roberto

Muzzy Roberto IncGamers Member

Trapsassin questions

My first attempt at a trapsassin, and I have a few questions...

Cloak of Shadows or Mind Blast? Mind Blast has the handy 'cast whenever' factor going for it, whereas I have to wait for Cloak of Shadows to die down so I can cast it again.

I've seen Death Sentry listed as a 1-point wonder. I take it the CE radius doesn't go up when you get points into it?

I'll be investing points into fireblast for Fire Uniques. When would be a good time to start investing points into it? 50? Near the end or nightmare? max after lit sentry?

Shadow Master or Shadow Warrior?

And, Dual Spirits or Dual Bartucs?

2. d00m2k

d00m2k IncGamers Member

Both. You will use both at the same time sometimes, at others you'll use one or the other. When I'm speed running Pits or WSK, I use Cloak almost every 20 seconds, and when I encounter a group and it's on cooldowns, I use MB. Cloak does not work on uniques, so say against LI archers in pits: you cloak to stop them from attacking you, but the unique one keeps coming after you. So you MB one of the cloaked archers so the unique fires at her. When taking on groups of melee that are already tracked on you (and cloak doesn't work because they're onto you, e.g. Death Stalkers) you need to MB. When taking on Lister's pack, none will be converted, but you can lay your traps and MB them to hold them back as traps do their work.

It's the best synergy for LS, max it if you're going LS trapper. The radius does go up, and it's a GREAT way to deal with lightning immunes that in most often in pacts of other monsters. Also good for the occassional fire and lightning immune: you can lure them over corpses.

I assume you mean fireblast for LIs. I like to go 20LS, then 20DS (you usually max them at the same time from your saved points from 2 - 23 + quests), and then 20 FB. This is when you'll starting dealing with more lightning immunes and need a semi-decent FB.

I don't use either (!!!) Some people swear by them, I find they don't add much utility or safety. With the inherent safety of traps, combined with MB, Cloak and a merc, I feel completely safe, even in lag, and I play hardcore. Someone else will have to help you here. I prefer to put more points into LS/FB synergies.[/QUOTE]

3. Muzzy Roberto

Thanks SO much. Those were quality answers.

But no mention on dual spirits or dual bartucs?

4. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

I like the Bartucs.. they are lighter.. Spirit monarchs are oh so heavy. Mind you, that is no reason why you cannot use a spirit sword and my favourite a 'rhyme' shield (of course, you could choose splendor or Lidless or something if you want the skills and FCR) I just don't think that 156 strength is worth aiming for without enigma (which I assume you don't have, as you are asking about Spirit and not HOTO).

Laz

5. Muzzy Roberto

Yes. Good eye.

One of my Bartuc has a socket. What should I put in it? Shael?