traps viable in hell?

TheZealot

Diabloii.Net Member
traps viable in hell?

im always worried when i try to make a trap sin, because in monsters dont get hurt by ur lighting traps, even its lvl30 with synergies. how can u make a trap sin more playable in hell games, especially fighting bosses

Naliworld

Diabloii.Net Member
Just how many points in synergies have you placed? With 10 +skills, a maxed LS, CBS, SWeb and DS, you would get 2685 avg. damage per LS. The average Death Lord(toughest type of Frenzytaur) in Hell has 14837 HP. With 5 LS's laid, you could kill the Death Lord in slightly over a second(2685 * 5 = 13425).

CBS becomes a great boss-killing Trap(even better than LS, if you know how to place CBS traps well) once you max CBS, SWeb, and another CBS synergy. Assuming you're using the above skillset, you'd get 268 damage/charged bolt * 11 (11 charged bolts released/shot) * 5 (5 traps) = 14740 damage.

TheZealot

Diabloii.Net Member
maybe if u solo in hell u can kill the death lord, in 8 ppl baal run i dont think u can. if i max trap skills, then icant have fade or sm

Naliworld

Diabloii.Net Member
Likewise, I doubt any of the characters in those 8 player games could solo well in 4+ player Hell games. It's a fallacy to expect a build to be able to solo an 8 player Hell game without ridiculously expensive equipment or extremely overpowered builds....this isn't 1.09...

SM and Fade aren't big concerns. A pair of +3 SD claws, and other +skills on equipment should bring them to around slvl 12-15, which should suffice for both skills, as long as you have a Merc to take some of the heat off the SM.

chiz

Diabloii.Net Member
I've been playing around with my trapper the last few days and have been doing lots of baal runs with mf gear. No problems whatsoever, merc dies everynow and then, mostly due to IM, and souls can be a bit scary if they are in large numbers. I've mostly played in one player games but I've also tried som larger games, 6-8 players, it takes longer time but it's doable. And you can take out a pack of frenzytaurs, even lister and friends, although they might take some time.

Now go level that trapper and be amazed of how fast she grows. :clap:

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Naliworld said:
Likewise, I doubt any of the characters in those 8 player games could solo well in 4+ player Hell games. It's a fallacy to expect a build to be able to solo an 8 player Hell game without ridiculously expensive equipment or extremely overpowered builds....this isn't 1.09...

SM and Fade aren't big concerns. A pair of +3 SD claws, and other +skills on equipment should bring them to around slvl 12-15, which should suffice for both skills, as long as you have a Merc to take some of the heat off the SM.
My Spectral stalker (still don't have that much free time to finish the guide) fared really good through hell. up to +5 players. After that the killing speed dropped to a point where it takes to long to finish of the hardest to kill monsters.

tl998

Banned
I hope to see the guide soon. I've had my Ghost beat hell Baal, but I haven't had a chance to get a non-trapper thru Hell yet.