Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Traps Assassin Question

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Bruto, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Bruto

Bruto IncGamers Member

Traps Assassin Question

Hello, o fellow demon slayers.

I have a lvl 80 Traps Assassin that does great lightning damage. She has decent gear:

Shako
    Bartucs
    Waterwalks
    Frostburns
    Glooms Trap
    2xsoj
    23 Maras
    COH Great Hauberk
    Umed Lidless

Skillwise, I have DS and LS maxed, and a few points into FB and other prerequisit or synergy skills. I have 29 points left to distribute.

My question is this: What is the best alternative skill tree for a lightning traps assassin? Is Wake of Fire worth maxing or even one point? Max FB? Or should I go into physical damage with the Bartucs? Those LI monsters in Hell are getting in my way!

Thank you, and may your globes of life and mana always be full :eek:)

2. weregamer

weregamer IncGamers Member

Sadly, Wake of Fire triggers the damage timer, so despite appearances it doesn't actually hurt the monsters as much as you'd like.

Maxing Fire Blast will synergize the number of shots from your DS and give you good fire damage. That's the standard thing that guides like http://davinci.hjem.wanadoo.dk/ and http://e.domaindlx.com/jrichard/d2/ltrapper.htm suggest.

Another option, if you don't need your weapon switch for something else, is to get a high-damaging claw and use Blade Fury. Since only one weapon matters, you can use a shield on that switch for MF, or stay with two claws to keep your claw blocking.

One thing that I'm thinking of doing is to try to make my Shadow Master more martial-artsy. One of these days I'm going to start a thread about this, because I think I figured out why she's a coward these days - because my traps specialization has made her trap skills so much higher than her MA skills, her AI decides she should be a trapper too but since all 5 traps are down she stands around. I'm not sure what to do about this, but I'm thinking about putting some points into the MA tree so she'll get half of them.

3. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

I just finished my Trap Assassin.

Shes Mainly Lightning

She uses similar equipment as you, but she uses 2" +3 Trap Claws and a switch with Wizard Spike & UM Stormshield(or 120% LR Monarch)

I maxed out Lightning Sentry and all synergies

My Shadow has around 1k Life.

Every other pt, im deciding to go Blade Fury or Wake of Fire

4. madman68

madman68 IncGamers Member

Thats some "decent" gear. :rolleyes:

My lvl82 trapper has DS & LS maxed and FB is probably around lvl20 now. I also have lower resist wand and ward shield on switch.

Just make sure your merc and shadow can kill. DS takes over from there.

|madman

5. Sv_Lorax

Sv_Lorax IncGamers Member

I have a level 80 assassin with the DS and shadow maxed and 15 levs in WF & LS, and similar items. I must say that I have been using my maxed shadow to do a lot of the killing on lightning immunities as well as wake of fire. Between the two they do great dammage. As for what someone else had said about the shadow; the shadow attacks what you attack. If you are just standing around she will as well, if you go after a monster she will tele-kick from wherever she is (even behind walls) and start bashing away. Hadn't thought about fire blast though, might make another assassin and see if the skill is worth it at lev 20. :scratch:

6. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

You should get some upgraded gore riders and get blood gloves and max dtalon for the very fun cb-kick-trapsin. There's a guide about it in these forums....