Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

TrApPeR TeH GuIdE- By RAGGY

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Ragnarok-, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Ragnarok-

Ragnarok- IncGamers Member

TrApPeR TeH GuIdE- By RAGGY

Raggy's Trapasn Build

This is my build for my trapasn, I had to think of this thing for weeks before I could perfect it into my trapasn.

*Note to disclaimer* This build requires hours of crappy leveling and crappiness until you hit level 80.

*Note to Disclaimer*
    If you wish to play through the game and enjoy it, this build isn't for you... it requires mass baal runs and rushes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay... Lets start with my base stats...

Str: 20
    Dex: 150 (well you need max block for those vita barbs...)
    Vit: 300 (I put the rest of my points into this)
    Energy: 25 (do NOT invest ANY into this)

My asn's stats WITH Gear on

Str: 189
    Dex: 203
    Vit: 327
    Ene: 47

She's level 82, and has 1 more book quest to complete atm.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, let's see now... Because the strength is so low, you have to strive for 80 FAST. My gear's like this:

Ammy: Storm Hide Amulet
    Rings: I use 1 soj and 1 BK for life issues...
    Belt: Arachnids
    Shield: 5/-4 Die lite facet SS
    Helm: 5/-4 Die lite facet Shako
    Weapon: 5/-3 Level Lite facet Wiz
    Boots: Soulspurs
    Armor: Enigma Dusk Shroud
    Gloves: Magefists (you'll need these rather than +20 ias gloves. the only part you really need to lay traps fast for is the beginning; the MindBlast needs fcr)

Secondary weapon: CTA and Lidless or Sigons

Some people may disagree with my choice of weapon. If you choose to use a HoTo, that's up to you, let me warn you though, you'll need res more than you'll need the damage. Also, HoTo only increases from 1-11K to 1-12K. You barely ever hit top range anyways, so it's basically a waste of mana AND resistances. I PREFER WIZ it's godly.

Ok, these charms are necessary for this to work... (denoted with ***)

***20 stat Anni (totally necessary if you wish to use more trap charms w/ life than w/ str.)

***2-3x Trap charms with 6 Str
    7-8x Trap Charms (plain, r/w, life, w/e you want)
    9x 20 Life

My choice of charms are these:
    3x Trap charms +6 STR
    7x Trap charms +life (most of mine range from 20-30, i'm not rich) 8x 20/5's and 1x 18/11 lite res

My Skills are as follows:
    Traps:
    Level 1 Fireblast
    Level 20: Shockweb, Charge Bolt Sentry, Lite Sentry, Death Sentry.

Shadow Disciplines:
    I put 1 point into each of the following:
    Claw Mastery, Pyschic Hammer, Cloak of Shadows, Weapon Block, Shadow Warrior (NOT MASTER), and Fade.

I put 2 points into each of the following:
    Burst of Speed
    Mind Blast

So it's like this:

(working down the tree)

Traps
    1 Fireblast

20 Shockweb
    Wake of Fire (0)
    Blade Sentinal(0)

20 Charge Bolt Sentry
    Blade Fury(0)

20 LIte Sentry
    Wake of Inferno (0)
    Blade Shield(0)

20 Death Sentry

Shadow Disciplines

1 Claw Mastery
    1 Pyschic Hammer

3 BoS
    1 Weapon Block
    1 Cloak of Shadows

1 Fade
    1 Shadow Warrior
    ~2 Mind Blast

(0) Venom
    (0) Shadow Master

These are my Skill's with my gear (battle cries and charms are included)

23: FireBlast
    41: CB Sentry, Lite Sentry, Shock Web, Death Sentry.

Level 12 of each of the following:
    Claw Mastery, Pyschic Hammer, Cloak of Shadows, Weapon Block, Shadow Warrior (NOT MASTER), and Fade.

Level 13 of each of the following:
    Burst of Speed
    Mind Blast

So it's like this

Traps

23 Fireblast

41 Shockweb
    Wake of Fire (0)
    Blade Sentinal(0)
    41 Charge Bolt Sentry Blade Fury(0)

41 LIte Sentry Wake of Inferno (0) Blade Shield(0)

41 Death Sentry

Shadow Disciplines

12 Claw Mastery
    12 Pyschic Hammer

13 BoS
    12 Weapon Block
    12 Cloak of Shadows

12 Fade
    12 Shadow Warrior
    13 Mind Blast

(0) Venom
    (0) Shadow Master

This build requires level 80 to finish, though when completed, you should just distribute points between BoS and MB. If you want, you can put points into Fade, for extra protection, but with BoS you "cast" much faster.

Leveling this assassin is a horribly hard task, especially from the beginning from where you absolutely can NOT put ANY str into her stats. I used helluvalotta str charms to use half my gear until I turned level 70, =D. I started her just with whacking, you'll need to do this until you have a decent number of points into shock web and charge bolt sentry, and by that time you'll be in arcane runs (what joy!!) After you get to 24, smooth sailing from there. Do ancients, do baal's, get to 40, get rushed again, do more baal's until 60, and do baal's until you're 80.
    On the 60-80 scale, your traps don't need to do much damage to get alot of experience from baal runs, mine didn't and I got to level 80 within 4 days of making this character (I was sick for 4 days though...)

This assassin is a play smart assassin. Only the best of the best can beat it (cept absorb nubs). For this to work, you'll need a great amount of hand eye coordination and exetremely fast reflexes.

For the polite SMART duelers, do NOT play offensively, that's a warning. Do NOT cast any traps until your opponent is near you either, this is a waste of necessary mana. For me, the opponent usually comes to me, and for that I cast 2-3 traps (make them spread out so that if they tele they still have a chance to be hit by one), and then chase while they're being hit. During this time, key in your hotkey that you assigned to mind blast, this helps alot. When you're in range to hit your opponent, hit them with mindblast and don't let go of the name, by this time, your traps should be out of charges, so, without letting go of your mouse, hit your hotkey that has lite sentry on it. This'll make it so that they're still stunned and your traps hit them fast and hard, After casting 2-3 traps, go back to mindblasting them a few times (I do about 2-3) and then cast the last 2 traps, thus maxing out your 5 traps.

If they just have insane stacked res, it'll take a long(er) time to kill them then people who don't. But don't fret, you should have plenty of mana and if you just follow that strat you should be fine.
    **Note, the duel should be finished before you even need to use half of this strategy.**

Another strat for the runners is this: M-I-N-I-O-N G-L-I-T-C-H !!!!! This works WoNdErSSS (yup 3 S's). For those of you who don't know what this is, it's this:
    Cast shadow warrior/master and when you teleport, the warrior/master is on top of you and all arrows and such weapons don't hurt you or your warrior. It simply just flies back and forth over and over. This only works well if you tele ALOT because the warrior/master does move off of you. :)

Also for added security you can use a wand of lower resists. Shop at hell akara to find these, I have 2 or 3 in my stash with 75 charges of a level 2 lower resist. Despite how low the level is, it's really good.

For the rude opponents, just town guard em and MB em right when they come out of town.

~~Thanks for your time to read this. Ask questions or comment on this build, I'd be glad to talk about it.~~

:evil: Raggy :evil:

*Note to disclaimer*
    This guide is copyrighted to me, Frank Zhang. Only Rpgforums has property rights to this. If you wish to use this on your site, you must email me at [email protected]

2. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

why use a trap charm with 6 str when you instead could put 6 more points in str nd get 30+ life from another trap charm?!

also, i dont consider this a guide. rather just you telling us about your build.

C-Beat

3. GriswoldsLegacy

GriswoldsLegacy IncGamers Member

why you use light facts? traps are considered minions and don't get the benefit.

4. GriswoldsLegacy

GriswoldsLegacy IncGamers Member

and trap laying speed is not affected by faster cast. Thus HOTO and wiz are not good weapons to choose. Get a +3 trap claws of quickness if you can find them. And +lit sentry is good too if you can manage to get that lol. Even a +3 trap claws is good. While not a better choice than HOTO, its still a lot cheaper and has same affect.

5. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

I agree there are better things out there. But he is a BM dueler with enigma so he would want the fast cast and the lightning traps have crappy stun so he would also want it to keep mindblast on them for as long as possible.

Best weapon would be a +3 Traps +3 Lightning Sentry 40% IAS 2 Open Socket -> 2x 15 Mana, 10% resist all, 12% dmg to mana, 15% ias, 9str, 9dex jewels

6. Ragnarok-

Ragnarok- IncGamers Member

Well, if you could get that claw with those jewels... But the thing is, about the focus on earlier how you said Wiz sucks, it doesn't. You absolutely need the stacked resist. Thanks for the info about me telling you about my assassin, next time I do a guide I won't try anymore, you know what? trash this completely.

I know that trap laying is affected by ias, but MB isn't. thx.

The -Res is useful from the facets; when MB hits the "minions" still get the -res from the Facets.
    C-Beat, wanna get me 30+ life trap charms? if not, then thanks.

7. WvX_leader

WvX_leader Banned

You're name will NEVAR be the original Rag.

8. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

If you can get 7*traps charms with 20-30 life then you can get a few more. 6 str is only 18 life you now...

Dont recommend using a certain charm, but then also mix in another kind without reasons. if you would have put 6 points more in str you would have a possibility of another mod on your charm. fhr, frw, life....whatevers needed. but to use a 6 str trap charm to gain more life is stupid if you can get another 20+ trap charm.

Also, try to take critisism in a better way...dont be rude.

regards
    C-Beat

9. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

I have to agree with C-Beat here, this seems more like a build, rather than a full guide. You simply haven't elaborated enough in terms of Strategies for each character or equipment choice(other than weapon), IMO.

10. tl998

tl998 Banned

Maybe add a section on character-specific strategies :)

Also try to include anotehr section for duels that ban Enigma. I for one wouldn't duel in any match that allows enigma, or CTA for the matter.

11. IfrIt

IfrIt Banned

And what about guys that still don't have " 2k trap skill charms " and don't have enigma ? I think u guys should make a guide (if we can call this a guide) for those people.
    The one's that have all that ekip don't need guides...except the "n00bs" :uhhuh: