Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trapper Playing Style

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by nic4997, Feb 14, 2004.

1. nic4997

nic4997 IncGamers Member

Trapper Playing Style

2 questions.........

1) I like playing with a shield, are there any assassin shields out there that I'm overlooking, like +2 to traps or shadows.

2) I'm a lightning trapper, I'm trying to decide between fireblast or just weilding my 2 claws. Will I even kill anything with duel bartucks in hell?

thanks....

2. SureWin4

SureWin4 IncGamers Member

DUAL BARTUCS MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!! don't use that crap!!! if your a trapper go with +3 trap claws.... sooo much more damage and way better.

3. this_barb

this_barb IncGamers Member

... +2 traps doesnt make much off a difference, 2 bartucs are better than 2x +3 traps claws imo, the stats and othe rmods really make up for the +2 skills, or you could go with 1 bartucs and 1 jade talon with resist jewel (if you need the resists), its all your opinion, just disregard that newbs statement before mine :D

4. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

I don't know, I'm finding myself agreeing with SureWin. The only mod on Bartucs that would really be of any use to a Trapper is perhaps the FHR, but a Trapper shouldn't be counting on being hit, anyway. I doubt a Trapper would need +40 STR/DEX, either.

Obviously, if you're putting a plain +2 all claw up against a Bartuc, Bartucs would win by default, but that extra +skill on a +3 Trap/all skills claw would be worth more than FHR and STR/DEX, IMO.

5. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

1. No, there's no assassin specific shields.

2. I'm with Nali and surewin, shop some +3 traps claws and go with them. +2 skills actually is a nice difference in damage with high level traps. Difference in average damage between level 30 LS and level 32 LS is 250. That's with DS and CBS maxed for synergy. So, 250/bolt times 10 bolts is 2500/trap. 2500/trap times 5 traps means 12500 more damage possible against a single target. If you get an average of 80% of those shots to pierce and hit a second monster, that'd be 12500 times 1.8. That would come up to 22500 more damage. All from the addition of +2 skills. These damage numbers come from a build plan which includes 20 pts to FB.

jrichard

6. this_barb

this_barb IncGamers Member

considerin that finding +3 traps with +3 light sentry is probably going to be extremely time consuming, bartucs is still the best way to go

and technically, its not 250 damage, since light sentry does 1- *** damage, it would in fact only be an added 125 damage.

dont underestimate stats, 80 stat points = 240 life which is about 420 if you're using call to arms. i think 420 life is definitely better than having 125 extra trap damage

7. built2burn

built2burn IncGamers Member

but u wont be spending that many points in dex anyways so u will be saving 20 points max and only if u need the str

8. jrichard

jrichard IncGamers Member

Actually, the difference in damage is 500, i'd already halved it to get average damage so technically, it is 250 damage. That's with claws that just have +3 traps. They aren't hard to find at all.

If you have claws with +3 traps and +3 LS, the difference in skill pts would be 8. That'd be a huge difference in damage.

For a pvm trapsin, the claws would be the highest str req. As such, you don't save any stat pts by using 'tucs as they would be the reason you'd be pumping str and dex so high.

jrichard

edit: Ah, wait. You do realize that we are suggesting two +3 traps claws instead of a claw/shield setup, right?