Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trapper Help

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by roupe, May 11, 2008.

1. roupe

roupe IncGamers Member

Trapper Help

Can anyone point me in the direction of a GOOD guide for a hardcore untwinked trapper :) thks

2. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

3. roupe

roupe IncGamers Member

Re: Trapper Help

thanks, helpful information

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Trappers are pretty straight forward. Here's your choices:
    FB or not?
    Which, if any, shadow?
    C/C or X/S?

And the thing is, there isn't really a wrong answer to any of those questions.
    FB is good if you're doing pits. No FB is good for baals or CS.
    Warrior is good for baals as it won't mindblast. Master is good for general solo play. None (well, still 1 point) is useful if you've got a good merc, or lots of skills.
    C/C vs X/S (generally spirit/spirit or +5-6 LS/spirit)... I'd take 2x tucs over 2x spirit and "pump" WB while leaving stats bordering on base (hel a tucs obv) if available. Go for spirit/rhyme until a monarch drops then spirit/spirit if not.

There's really not a lot else to decide on.

Edit, actually I forgot, Fade vs BoS. If you can max resist without Fade, use BoS. This is generally only available to geared sins though, untwinked you'll probably want a decent level fade.

5. glynnbo

glynnbo IncGamers Member

I've got to lvl91 maxing death and lightning sentry(only use death tho),dragon talon(for quicker kills on bosses) and shadow master maxed.Use fade for resists.I use a insight defensive merc.I got blade shield which is ok.I recommend Azurewrath,lays traps fast and gives extra protection against those bloody dolls.It's not a trendy wep but its the reason i'm still alive :)

6. roupe

roupe IncGamers Member

All really helpfull information thanks alot, think im going to start my trapper, my first assain ever, and I've owned this game since it came out, still got the preorder reciept :) and thanks again guys

7. eurymone

eurymone IncGamers Member

I once had an MF trapper, that got until 93, decked out with close to 400mf iirc. The beauty of a trapper is that you can have a massive killer when a)you don't have expensive gear b)you sacrifice it for other reasons (mf in my case). When you're richer you can build something in between, having just rhyme/ali baba on switch. Definitely the character I loved the most of all, absloutely ideal for pindle runs. She had maxed SW/LS/DS, SM and fade as high as possible. Never had a close call with her, well maybe halfway :p.