Trapasin Gear

pestilenceLORD

Diabloii.Net Member
Trapasin Gear

I've seen some of the guides on trapasins, but I disagree with the gear selections on some, some don't have optimal gear suggestions, and some are for PvP or hybrid builds. For PvM, here is what I'm thinking is optimal gear, but I'm not 100% sure on some.

Headpiece-Shako (with Um or 15 all res jewel) or good circlet

Armor-lots of options, Enigma and CoH the best of them (I like CoH better)

Gloves-really not sure. Sanders are good for IAS and life. Magefist actually aren't very good as we're talking lit trapasin not fire and fcr doesn't really help. Frosties aren't bad, but not totally necessary if merc will have "Insight". Bloodfists are another good one, slightly less IAS than Sander's but they have FHR to make up for that.

Boots-+2 Shadow Dancers

Belt-Arachnid Mesh

Rings-2x SoJ

Ammy-Mara's or good Asn ammy

Wep-I prefer "Hoto"/"Spirit" over duel trap claws for PvM. The PvP guides suggest +3 traps/30-40% IAS claws, preferably w/ +LS. IAS and 1 extra skill point don't seem as important to me as the good resists and other good mods you'll get from "Hoto"/"Spirit".

Shield-"Spirit"

Merc Headgear-Andy's, Vamp Gaze, Crown of Thieves, Tal's Mask... any good LL helm

Merc Armor-I like "Fortitude"

Merc Wep-"Infinity" is the best, but you'll have to prolly use frosties then and maybe spend some points in energy or get mana scs. Obviously "Insight" if you can't get "Infinity".

Any help/suggestions on this biuld would be highly appreciated, thanks. Oh, and I didn't put Griffon's or 5/-5 lit jewels down anywhere bcuz I heard the -lit res doesn't apply to traps, so are they still the best option?

Edit: The reason I have CoH and Um in Shako is I've been playing HCL a lot lately and I have an HCL trapper so the resist are more important :D .

Masas

Diabloii.Net Member
Shadow Dancers seem very heavy for a trapper. I'd rather recommend Sandstorm Trek, Natalya's Boots, or high resist rare boots.

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
Alternately, Goreriders work if you happen to use Blade Fury from time to time. As mentioned, resists are usually the most important mod. I happen to like FRW also.

Gloves are highly debateable, but the long and short is that it isn't important as other gear. Resists are always something to look out for, or get FCR if you use Enigma to teleport. Trangs make a decent pair for CR. Also, no CBF? Raven Frost is pretty much staple on every sin build I make.

For weapons, the C/C combo gets you far more +skills. IAS only needs to be on one of the claws (glove-side), so a 15 resist all jewel can be put on the secondary. On top of that, you can use Blade Talons (if you only need +3 traps on each), or Greater Talons (for +X LS and other staffmods; 79 str/dex) to really save those stat points. The advantage of C/C is blocking with high life. The C/S combo requires twice the stats pumped into str/dex that could have gone to boosting your life.

Chugging blue is all you really need to keep mana up. They drop often enough, it's just a matter of picking one up every once in a while as you go. I keep one column for blue pots regardless of my build.

Most HC trappers I have read about use Fade rather than BoS. Your gear doesn't allow much DR, so the extra bit from Fade always helps. A pair of +3 Shadow Discipline claws on switch is very handy.

Any help/suggestions on this biuld would be highly appreciated, thanks. Oh, and I didn't put Griffon's or 5/-5 lit jewels down anywhere bcuz I heard the -lit res doesn't apply to traps, so are they still the best option?
Neither important mod transfers to your traps. The only exception to this rule is with Shock Web (very low damage) and Fire Blast (which requires fire mods anyway).

Hope that helps, I really rambled on that one. :innocent:

Davidus

Diabloii.Net Member
Belt: I use trang belt(for CBF) and 2x soj combo
Helm: shako<godly assa circlets:)
Armor: CoH (good guys dont use enigma:p+CoH is better for PVM assa)
Gloves: Bloodfist is the best or LoH if u need resist
Weapon: 2xTrap claw is better for PvM. U dont need fcr.
HoTO+Spirit +5skill
2xTrap claw +6 and open sockets(or +12:p) and u can block mephs ice ball, baals ice wave, souls lightning etc