Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trap Synergy Question/Advice

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Edo, Apr 8, 2004.

1. Edo

Edo IncGamers Member

Trap Synergy Question/Advice

Hello All! I am new to the forum and I just have 2 quick and brief questions.

I want semi-high traps without sacrificing a massive amount of points into trapping skills.

So Two Questions Arise- (And Don't Flame me if if they are too Newb :drool: )

When you see the term "synergies only need 20 points"...Would that mean that I could have 10 +skill charms and 9 + skills and have a max synergy from level 1? Or does that mean after I have put 20 points in and add 20 + skill points to have a total of 40 is the max? It' doesn't seem very clear or apparrent to me.

Secondly, if I wanted the max damage on a single lighting trap without maxing any synergies (i.e only 20 points into 1 lighting skill), which lighting skill would be the highest damaging- lighting sentry or death sentry?

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer. And I apologize if these questions have been addressed somewhere else. THANKS!! :thumbsup:

2. SDSakuragi

SDSakuragi IncGamers Member

Synergies are only given for hard points, as in +skill items do not affect synergies, only the skill points that you earn from leveling and quests can be used to boost synergies.

I think Death Sentry is better as it adds fire and physical damage with the CE effect. Also CE damage is dependant on base monster life, which makes it stellar for killing crowds in a solo game. The effect is greatly reduced in multi player games as the CE damage does not scale up. Hope this helps.

3. patheticloser

patheticloser IncGamers Member

EDIT by Naliworld: [Link deleted] has a nice skill calculator, I have found that it is the best way to figure out the damage from synergies. As the previous poster said, +skills do not add to synergies.

I just started my first Light trapper. So far it has been a lot of fun. I have found that throwing out a couple of LS's and a DS is very effective. Especially if you are dealing with a mix of monsters with different immunities. The LS takes out anything that is not imune to light. The DS makes use of the corpses to flatten the light imunes. I am at lvl 72 now, and I am going to max DS, and put all my leftovers into my shadow master.

Fire Blast,has also been a real surprise. It gets a synergy bonus from almost every skill on the trap tree. You can easily reach 1K damage with this to deal with a pack of light immune. Just let your shadow or merc tank for you, stand back and drop the little bombs on the badies.

Speaking of merc, which is better holy freeze or defiance? Holy freeze will slow monsters, making them easier targets for my traps. But, defiance will seriously boost my defense, which will make it easer for me to tank while the traps deal out the damage.

I have a full deciple set, would this be any good for a trapper? It is the only complete set that I have, and I don't have access to godly gear. I am wearing the silks of the victor right now.

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

pathetic, just for future reference, don't link to the d2items site. It's not allowed on the forums since it sells D2 items for money. The mods can get huffy about the subject.

5. patheticloser

patheticloser IncGamers Member

I did not know that, I will never do it again.

6. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

it's okay, I love that skill calc, but I've had my posts edited by the mods before to take out any reference to that domain.

7. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Link deleted.