Trap Sin: 102% FCR?

BricBrac

Diabloii.Net Member
Trap Sin: 102% FCR?

Is it worth it to go 102% FCR for mindblast? It makes me sacrifice the 2 sojs for caster rings, and lowers my LS damage from about 9.6k down to 8.6k. Is it worth it?

And another small question that has been bugging me forever: shadow master or shadow warrior?

Deepain

Diabloii.Net Member
Why would you base your traps on FCR when they are based on IAS?
Yeah, you heard me right, and thats highly noticable
make a trapsin on Single player
Make 2 Set of gear you can wear:
1. +FCR Gear
2. +IAS Gear
And tell me which when makes you make traps faster...

[Edit]
Btw, from my expirence with Melee chars, High Speed > High Damage, I guess it applies to Casters too

Greets,
-D :cool:

soc

Banned
Deepain said:
Why would you base your traps on FCR when they are based on IAS?
Yeah, you heard me right, and thats highly noticable
make a trapsin on Single player
Make 2 Set of gear you can wear:
1. +FCR Gear
2. +IAS Gear
And tell me which when makes you make traps faster...

[Edit]
Btw, from my expirence with Melee chars, High Speed > High Damage, I guess it applies to Casters too

Greets,
-D :cool:
Please read the post carefully. He's talking about Mindblast. You cast mindblast (fcr). You lay traps (ias).

Melee chars and Caster chars are different from Trappers.

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Nah, waste of killing power... Mindblast stuns long enough with, e.g. 65 FCR, for you to cast another.

IMO trappers don't need to tele around like maniacs, just lay the traps and "dodge" the other guy, the traps are already set so... you only have to "run"...With enough IAS you'll cast traps fast enough without needing a fasters tele.

no2fakeshakes

Diabloii.Net Member
that is if u play with a defensive trapper which is no fun :)

plus, if the other char has enough fhr, they can still tele out

and most good trappers have 102 fcr with dual claws if they can afford it

BricBrac

Diabloii.Net Member
no2fakeshakes said:
that is if u play with a defensive trapper which is no fun :)

plus, if the other char has enough fhr, they can still tele out

and most good trappers have 102 fcr with dual claws if they can afford it
i can't see how a trapper can get 102 fcr with 2 claws:
20 Helm
20 Ammy
20 Rings
20 Spiders
20 Gloves

You need 2 more.. sacrifice your enigma?

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
personally id rather go past the 65% breakpoint using a wizzy or hoto trapper.
yeah dual claw is nice in some aspects, but i like 100% offense with trappers and fast mb helps in this case.

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
luis19 said:
yeah dual claw is nice in some aspects, but i like 100% offense with trappers and fast mb helps in this case.
this is for you luis and the other guy that was wondering on how to hit 102% fcr bp with a c/c

helm: 08 valk (30 fcr)
rings: 2 x fcr rings (20)
gloves: trangs (20)
belt: arachnids (20)
ammy: crafted ammy w/ atleast 12 fcr
30 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 12 = 102% fcr bp

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
i know u can do that, i rather use a shield, plus i rather not use all that fcr gear. id rather use:
08 valk
wizzy with 1xsoj+fcr ring
or hoto with 2x fcr
bloodfist
rare ammy with godly stats
ss

this way i can get alot of life while having max block, high dr, and alot of fhr on gear (allowing for more life gcs), and 10 frame casting

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
luis19 said:
I played the classic Maxus fire trapper all through 1.09. I was aggressive 100% of the time. I never needed more than 65 fast cast. You almost never spam MB. Once in a while, but rarely.

I mean, it's cool to do different approaches. But the 65 fc with a hyper-aggressive style works just fine.

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
i think i would get too bored of a 11 frame sin, plus i think faster mb will piss off more ppl into calling me a noob for using mb.

no2fakeshakes

Diabloii.Net Member
Speederländer said:
I played the classic Maxus fire trapper all through 1.09. I was aggressive 100% of the time. I never needed more than 65 fast cast. You almost never spam MB. Once in a while, but rarely.

I mean, it's cool to do different approaches. But the 65 fc with a hyper-aggressive style works just fine.
09 didnt have enigma...with teleporting necros and such, the extra frame is worth it

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
luis19 said:
this way i can get alot of life while having max block, high dr, and alot of fhr on gear (allowing for more life gcs), and 10 frame casting
well you can do the same thing with a c/c sin just have a stormshield and enough dex for max blokc in the stash along with the other gear you mentioned
why only limit yourself to one thing when you can do both? nah mean

yuqing

Diabloii.Net Member
i'd ruch rather have a hoto spirit/lidless trapper, wow, like 500 less dmg, not that it will really matter anyways.

hoto- 40
spirit or lidless -35 or 20
arach - 20
magefists-20

so if its ladder it all works out, but if you're non ladder i would suggest a fcr ring or 08 valk for those hard to reach spots.

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
its alot more than 400 more dmg difference.
its more like 9-11k traps with wizzy/hoto +shield
vs
14k traps with dual claws