Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Transmuting rings and amulets

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Jamezjaw, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Jamezjaw

Jamezjaw IncGamers Member

Transmuting rings and amulets

I got sick of trying different combinations of words to try and search for this, and the server was being too slow.

Does transmuting rings/ammys EVER give anything of value? Or is it much better to sell the things and then gamble for one? Ive never gotten anything of value transmuting them before no matter what level I am. Thoughts?

2. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Re: Transmuting rings and amulets

I believe the formula is (ilvl = 3clvl/4). In other words, the higher level you are, the better quality the transmutations will net you. It's good for untwinked play, and could net you some useful rings. You'll never get a +2 skill amulet this way though.

EDIT: Well put, Jaago. lol.

3. Jaago

Jaago IncGamers Member

It's a matter of luck. The item level of the cubed ammies/rings will be .75x your character level, so you need a pretty high level character to get decent stuff out of it and you can never score a +2 character skills amulet with it.

Whether you should sell the items or reroll them depends on what you're looking for.

Edit: Too slow.

4. Insane Wayne

Insane Wayne IncGamers Member

Considering that most rings/amulets sell for peanuts, I cube just about all my junk jewelry. Some amulets (e.g. + 1 all skills) are worth minimum 27000 gold, so I sell them instead. (With the gold from two of those, I can already gamble a ring.)

Using the cube, I've scored a Fortuitous Ring of Fortune (38), Fortuitous Amulet of Luck (49), Bahamut's/Sorcery, perfect Coral/Apprentice, perfect Garnet/Apprentice, etc...

And also some amusing odd pieces, e.g. a ring with +150 AR, another with +7 light radius...:tongue:

For sure, the majority of results is absolute garbage, but that's no different than any cube recipe.

5. Jamezjaw

Jamezjaw IncGamers Member

alright, thanks guys. i dont think its worth my time to transmute them then.

6. moo-cow

moo-cow IncGamers Member

just stick three of one or the other in your cube as you come across them questing. Not so much in the crafting category, but its some free jewelry to try your luck on again.

7. Low Key

Low Key IncGamers Member

I cube amulets and rings while questing. I've yet to come across anything useful, but I keep trying since you never know. Mainly I'm hoping for good FCR rings and low lvl requirement skill-tab amulets.

8. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

If you do not twink then do it, else not really. I know that for the guys that play self found untwinked you can find useful stuff for sure. +3 to single tree skill ammy's come to mind etc. MF rings, specific resist rings for Andy etc. There are almost always better twinking options so I don't bother when twinking but for tournaments etc I have found some decent ones that I used.