Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Transferring to LoD

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Mirrislegend, May 12, 2008.

1. Mirrislegend

Mirrislegend IncGamers Member

Transferring to LoD

My switch to LoD is a fairly long way off, but I want to know if i'm considering it the right way. I'm going to wait until the new ladder season (hopefully having bagged at least one SoJ) and get all 8 characters through hell, with the imbues, countess, and hellforge quests intact. Anything I missed that's important?

2. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Re: Transferring to LoD

And then you wish to start on non-ladder ?
    Since any chars on Ladder get transferred to non-ladder at the end of the season, whenever that is.
    You can start on non-ladder right now if you want. When the new ladder season starts, the new ladder will be empty, no chars or items there. So the only way you can prepare for that is to experiment with chars which 'work' for you and those which do not.
    Not only that, nobody knows when the new ladder is.

3. Mirrislegend

Mirrislegend IncGamers Member

I'm waiting for the new ladder, whenever that may be. I'll make the max number of new chars on the new ladder, and get them through the game on Classic. Then I'll transfer to LoD so i have 24 imbues, 24 countess quests, and 24 hellforge. New happy mods and runes galore, no?

4. LouisLeGros

LouisLeGros IncGamers Member

I think doing the meph bugged drops would be a better option for accumulating wealth quickly with the ladder reset.

5. Xephyr

Xephyr IncGamers Member

Imbues are relatively useless on expansion and the idea that Countess Quest gives better rune drops is iffy. The only thing that may be useful is the hellforge quest (and only in hell at that)

6. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Yeap, that would indeed work well. You will first need to get a char leveled a bit in Classic to do the rushes with though. And imbues only depend on your level.
    While you are in classic you could do some boots gambling. I read res boots are popular in LoD. And in classic you can gamble tripple res boots.
    Also, you can clear out cow games to gather gems, which are worth more in LoD.
    You don't even need to do Hellcows to get decent sized gems, nightmare and even normal will do.

7. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Just remember that you have to rush classic mules to Act3 (kill Duriel, talk to Tyrael, talk to Jerhyn and Meshif - you don't have to do any act3 quests) before converting to LoD, otherwise they will become slayers.

8. LouisLeGros

LouisLeGros IncGamers Member

I beg to differ on the hellforge quest. I've probably rushed around 54 characters to hell through classic in the last week. I find the NM hellforges to be very profitable for gems and the runes. With my last batch of 12 rushees my NM forge drops were probably better then my hell ones. I got like 3 ums and 4 puls and some lems. My hell hellforge got me a gul and mal, but not much worth mentioning beyond that.

Even the normal hellforges are useful for the gems and lower runes that you can use for making runewords like insight and spirit, or just saving the runes to sell in packages for others to make those runewords.

9. Vesticle

Vesticle IncGamers Member

Is this still true? I converted a char who was in Act 3 Hell Classic, and he wound up in Act 3 Hell, LoD. So would a char who converts in Act 1 or 2 Classic convert to Act 1 or 2 Hell LoD, or does the one missing act drop them back a whole difficulty level?

10. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Hell Act 3 classic -> Hell Act 3 LoD
    Hell Act 1-2 classic -> Nightmare act 5 LoD (you appear in act 4 but have dia quest done so you're practically in act 5 nm)