Trang's Belt/Gloves Combo

gerbele

Diabloii.Net Member
Trang's Belt/Gloves Combo

Does anyone use these two items together? I am currently a CLvl 80 Fishymancer w/ +18 skills from gear.

I currently use Arachnid Mesh for it's +1 skill and Trang's Gloves for the FCR and +2 Curses.

So the way I figure it, if I went with Trang's Belt, I would be trading +1 Skill for:

Cannot be Frozen
+66 Life
20% Regenerate Mana
Lvl 35 Fireball (after skills from gear) This does ~500 fire damage

I have an Insight Merc so if my math is correct, (Conviction = -85% Resist & Baal = 50% Fire Resist), I recieve an extra 35% damage to fireball giving it about ~675 Fire Damage to Baal. Can someone verify if this is correct.

So my plan is while my minions are busy hitting Baal, I would be spamming him w/ Fireball for additional killing speed.

675 Fire Damage doesn't sound like a whole lot but I think when he is pounded with it w/o interruption (besides casting decep on him occasionally), I think the damage would become significant. Besides I think that the damage would greatly exceed the bonus damage my skeletons receive for the +1 skill Arachnid Mesh.

What do you guys think?

TTTimo

Diabloii.Net Member
Insight gives mana regeneration (meditation)
Infinity lowers resistance (conviction)

1. If you do not have Cannot be Frozen, get it somewhere. Trang Belt is a good option, Ravenfrost is probably best (still -1 skill, but you do not lose fcr, and you gain +20 dex)
2. +66 life isn't that much, about 120 after BO
3. 20% Regenerate mana vs increase max mana 5%
4. The damage from fireball isn't great, and even with non stop spamming, it will not speed up the killing that much.

IMO, get a ravenfrost and keep arachnid.