Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

trangs and ce

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by uncountednose, Oct 11, 2006.

1. uncountednose

uncountednose IncGamers Member

trangs and ce

so im planning on making a poisonmancer with trangs and i know the standard thing to do is to get some skeles but im thinking, trangs gives you fire mastery wouldnt that affect ce? if i load up on maras, 2x sojs, and an anni that will give me 10 fire mastery i believe(also nicely boosting my other fire skills) wouldnt that 93% i get work nicely with the fire portion of ce? combined with lower resist it may be even more effective than combining it with amp damage.

quick overview of the skills im thinking of:

max poison tree
    max ce
    level 7 lower resist(i was playing with skill planner and i liked where level 17 put me)
    1 clay golem
    1 summon resist
    1 revive
    all pre-reqs 1

i think this completes my build somewhere around 90

stats:

str:enough to dress
    dex:zero
    vit:all the rest
    energy:zero(dual soj's come on)

equipment:

trangs of course
    maras
    dual soj's
    marrowalks(probably +1 just want it to help revives)
    not sure about main weapon, i want a dagger but not sure which i think there is one that has no skill bonuses but has
    -50% def w/ some other nice mods
    cta w/ splendor(im non-ladder and i cant stand spirit str req anyway) on switch
    torch
    anni
    ar and life charms as needed

i think what im trying to do is obvious, gumby and a few revives as distraction nova,dagger, and ce as main killers w/ fire as back-up. thinking about reducing ce a little so i can get confuse. also i pretty much intend this as a pvm set-up(obviously). seems like i can have fun with this.

any thoughts?

oh yeah a little ot but ive noticed a lot of threads about urdur finding. whenever i need some crushing blow i go to the palace lvl 2 wp and i can usually find 10 or so blunderbores(different name same monster) pretty quickly. just a thought.

2. MedctnStn

MedctnStn IncGamers Member

CE is half physical and half fire, so i don't see why it wouldn't work, but why max both CE and poison explosion? to me, it seems kinda redundant, because they both use up corpses. i'd go with one or the other, not both. just my opinion as i think its a waste of stat points.

3. uncountednose

uncountednose IncGamers Member

few reasons not to use poison explosion:

-the main purpose for maxing pe is for a synergy

-pe doesnt seem to have a wide area of effect while a high ce will reach beyond the edges of the screen

-ce damage scales with the difficulty of monsters while pe stays constant

-ce is instant damage while pe is not(xxxx damage over xx secs).

-overdependance on just one type of damage(i.g. poison) seems like a sure way to become useless in hell.

few more things i realized about my post though:

i would probably add enough dex to get max block w/ trangs shield since necros have such a poor life to vitality ratio.

when i counted up to a lvl 17 lower resist i wasnt counting torch(whoops) so 3 less points in there making 4 hard points.

also i said that i was thinking about getting the curse confuse but i meant attract. my mistake.