Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trang summoner - max block or base dex?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by dave, Jun 19, 2005.

1. dave

dave Diabloii.Net Member

Trang summoner - max block or base dex?

I have done a lot of calculations on this and i can't decide what to go for so i need someone with actual ingame summoner experience to advice me on this.

Facts:
    I'm currently at base dex (85 with items) and need either 216 (eld) or 240 total dex points for max block @ lvl 90 with trang shield.

According to my calculations they equal ~800 life (after BO)

So does 800 life outweight having max block on a summoner?

thanks for your help :)

/dave

2. batuchka

batuchka Diabloii.Net Member

IMO not a good idea for max block with full trang. The fact that you have a CTA for PvM also influnced this for me. Firstly trang shield has 60%block and that requires a lot of investment into dex to acheive max block compared to homunculus or stormshield for a necro. Secondly as a summoner you have many minions to act as meatshields/dmg dealers and a well placed clay golem or castings of Dim Vision takes care of ranged attackers. Full Trangs already gives nice resists in hell. I would say max block for a partial trang poison/venomancer (shield+belt+gloves) with weaker minions or none at all is a good case but not so for fully synergised summoner :D Lastly i have a bone/summon mf necro and even with homunculus, only 60% block and marrowalk boosted bone armor i can't remember dying after lvl 66 and i dun have mages and lots of revives :p

3. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed Diabloii.Net Member

not so good an argument; someone else already did the calcs and trangs beat homo in blocking until lvl 90 some (95 iirc?)

anyway, with a summoner blocking is almost pointless; almost because imho any char with enigma and cta should have max block. in your case, blocking is worthless, because you dont really get hit too often with a summoner anyway.

4. newerest

newerest Diabloii.Net Member

I would have to agree that max block is not helpful for a summoner UNLESS he joins his summons in battle. But, I can assume you won't be ;O

5. dave

dave Diabloii.Net Member

thanks for the input guys...i think im just gonna pump the rest of my points into vita then :)

6. newerest

newerest Diabloii.Net Member

You could also put more into energy since summoners don't leed their summons into battle. But, they do need teh manaz for ce and such.

7. dave

dave Diabloii.Net Member

I dont have any mana problems...with the huge mana bonus from trang helm and belt and a soj i have over 700 mana with base energy....and trang set also grants +60% mana regain so im good ;)

8. batuchka

Then get a nice ethereal 'Obedience' Cryptic Axe/Thresher or Hone Sundan Yari on might merc for crushing blow to make act boss killing faster hehe

9. dave

dave Diabloii.Net Member

No im gonna give him Ariocs needle for the +4 skill boost to might which will give my skellies an extra 40%ed :)

10. batuchka

Hehe good choice :D If you get an eth andy helm and ral it more power to you :p

11. dave

dave Diabloii.Net Member

got a non eth one so thats gotta do...but have to fal it so my merc has enough str for his 'stone' eth sacred armor 31xx def ;)