Trang Spells

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
Trang Spells

How come when i put on my trang set it says i get +? to meteor and when i try to access it by pressing "s" i can't find it?
Is there a secret way i can get access to meteor through trang set?
 

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
gorash said:
How come when i put on my trang set it says i get +? to meteor and when i try to access it by pressing "s" i can't find it?
Is there a secret way i can get access to meteor through trang set?
I would guess your screen resolution in diablo is 640x480? If you set it to 800x600 I would asume that the spells becomes accessable. This because there is no more room on the screen for the skills.

- D.J.
 

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
DjSlayer said:
I would guess your screen resolution in diablo is 640x480? If you set it to 800x600 I would asume that the spells becomes accessable. This because there is no more room on the screen for the skills.

- D.J.
i happen to use 800x600 resolution, does this mean i'll have to put it on 1024x768 to make it work?
 

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
gorash said:
i happen to use 800x600 resolution, does this mean i'll have to put it on 1024x768 to make it work?
d2 doesnt not suppor any resolution higher than 800x600

make sure u manually checked the skills on the right b/c u cant use meteor on the left click. also if im not mistaken, trang also has fb and some other fire skills. check the arreat summit for more info
 

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
d2 doesnt not suppor any resolution higher than 800x600

make sure u manually checked the skills on the right b/c u cant use meteor on the left click. also if im not mistaken, trang also has fb and some other fire skills. check the arreat summit for more info
yea i can see that i can use fireball as well as fireball using right click, and fireball on left, i believe that meteor is off my screen as the left side of firewall spell is also off by a bit. I'll have to look up arreat summit, thx for the info.
 

Cregore

Diabloii.Net Member
i dont want to take up another thread for this so uhm

does it add that much to sorercress?
 

Bullet-Tooth Tony

Diabloii.Net Member
Arreat Summit says, that if your character naturaly has the skill that an item grantrs to him, the bonus is limited to +3. A barbarian will not get more than +3 to BO from even two CtA's, a sorc won't get +10 meteor from Trang's either.
 

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
you have to have full trang set equipped to have the fire skills. so that means that sorcs cant wear it and get the plus skill bonus
 

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Sum of the parts is greater than the hole

Well, actually you only need 4 of the five parts to get the Fireball, Firewall, and Meteor. You don't get Fire Mastery unless you can equip all five parts (and you can only do this if you're a necromancer). Here's what battle.net has to say about partial Trang bonuses:

Partial Set Bonus
+18 To Fire Ball (2 Items)
Regenerate Mana 15% (2 Items)
+13 To Fire Wall (3 Items)
Additional Regenerate Mana 15% (3 Items)
Additional Regenerate Mana 15% (4 Items)
+10 To Meteor (4 Items)
 

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrolestes said:
Well, actually you only need 4 of the five parts to get the Fireball, Firewall, and Meteor. You don't get Fire Mastery unless you can equip all five parts (and you can only do this if you're a necromancer). Here's what battle.net has to say about partial Trang bonuses:

Partial Set Bonus
+18 To Fire Ball (2 Items)
Regenerate Mana 15% (2 Items)
+13 To Fire Wall (3 Items)
Additional Regenerate Mana 15% (3 Items)
Additional Regenerate Mana 15% (4 Items)
+10 To Meteor (4 Items)
having seen this, having at least 3 items on will grant huge bonuses to a fire sorc. I think i may experiment to see what it will do.
 

stkrause

Diabloii.Net Member
If it was not clear enough in the previous posts: A sorc will not get more than +3 on any of these skills. So with 3 Items you wil have a +3 Meteor, +3 Firewall and +3 Fireball. There are many much better ways to get that...

It is even written on the batt.net site right below the description of the set: *Players that have the Fire Ball or Fire Wall skills (Sorceresses) have a cap of +3 on those skills rather than the full number.

You can read even more more about this here:
The Arreat Summit said:
Skill Points that work for Any Class ("oskill" Skill Points)
The Trang-Oul's Avatar Set gives +18 to Fireball and +13 to Fire Wall. The boost to fireball (as well as Frostwind's arctic blast bonus and a whole lot of other items) are examples of what's internally known as an "oskill". These are skill bonuses that work for any class. If a Necromancer is wearing a Trang-Oul set, he'll get +18 fireball and any +X To All Skills equipment can further increase this. The same applies to all other non-sorceress class wearing a part of that set.

However, oskills work differently for classes that "own" that skill. In this case, it's a Sorceress getting a bonus to Fireball. In the other case, it was a Druid getting a bonus to Arctic Blast. If a character gets an oskill bonus to a skill that class "owns," the bonus is restricted to a maximum of +3. If a Barbarian is dual-wielding Call to Arms runeword weapons, the +3 cap is applied to the total from both weapons. This is all intentional, in order to balance these items.
*stkrause
 

Sclopper

Diabloii.Net Member
once you get the full trang set on will the spells acutally be able to kill anything?the fire ball with 2 items damage is just pitiful and i only use it for a finishing spell since poison cant kill.
 

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
Sclopper said:
once you get the full trang set on will the spells acutally be able to kill anything?the fire ball with 2 items damage is just pitiful and i only use it for a finishing spell since poison cant kill.
i use full trang set atm and since i'm a skellymancer i will come across physical immunes. in this case i will use firewall IF there are no bodies laying around to use for corpse explosion, otherwise i just use CE to kill things...(while they r cursed with amp or decip)
 
Top