Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trang question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by TonyDanza, Mar 16, 2004.

1. TonyDanza

TonyDanza IncGamers Member

Trang question

Does Fire Mastery from Trang's set have any affect on the fire damage from corpse explosion?

2. Hypnectic

Hypnectic IncGamers Member

well lemme think...

First of all Trang's doesnt give you Fire Mastery Skill.

It adds :
    -Fireball
    -Fire wall
    -Meteor

The only way to boost the power of your Corpse Xplode is to cast amplify Damage or Decrepify onto your targets before you Xplode the corpses.
    This will add 100% / 50% enhanced physical damage to your Xplosion.
    Amp Dmg doesnt amplify Elemental damage, Perhaps Casting Lower Resistance before your Xplosion, that may (or may not) add additional FIRE damage. I haven't tested LR/CE, but I'd say ... go with AMP+CE.

~~~Happy Xploding~~~
    HyP.

3. Marcelluss

Marcelluss IncGamers Member

Complete Set Bonus
    +3 To Necromancer Skill Levels
    20% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +3 To Fire Mastery
    +10 To Meteor
    +13 To Fire Wall
    +18 To Fire Ball*
    +200 Defense
    +100 To Mana
    Regenerate Mana 60%
    Replenish Life +5
    All Resistances +50
    Transforms into Vampire

It does add fire mastery, but if it increases the fire dmg from CE, Im not sure. However I agree that Amp Dmg is the way to go.

4. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

What a good question. Firstly Trangs full set bonuses do add 3 to fire mastery. Equip 3 items and u get 700 fw damage, equip the whole set and damage is 1k, nuff said.

As ce is 50% fire damage it seems reasonable that full trangs should improve that damage but as the amt of damage is between 50 and 100% of monsters hit points and is randomly generated it would be very hard to prove.

I have noticed and interesting mix of damage modifiers with ce and amp. Although it should have no effect the damage done by ce when monsters are amped appears much greater when my thorns merc is in the fray. As thorns is damage returned when melee attacked I don't see how this can be and yet there is unmistakebly more damage when merc is there. I killed merc and tried the same area and same monster types and got far less effect from the ce/amp combo... Is this perhaps an unknown bug? Is the thorns aura causing the phys damage component of ce to be reflected on to surrounding monsters? Or am I sampling my indoor plants too frequently whilst playing pc games...

You be the judge.

5. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

that is a very good question :thumbsup: . Logic would dictate that it would, as fire mastery effects even fire damage done in melee (through charms with +fire damage or +fire damage mods, ect).