Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trang-oul's Set and Ladder Runewords

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Lord Beerus, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Lord Beerus

Lord Beerus Diabloii.Net Member

I can't make a stupid fortitude or insight because I don't have any mods to alleviate that. If anyone who has something like Atma running and is willing to help a single player out it would be appreciated!

2. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe this won't work. Even if someone makes a rune word for you, it won't work when you load into D2 without RWM. Item would retain rune bonuses, but not the rune word mods.

3. Lord Beerus

I am running diablo 2 off of the collectors edition USB drive for diablo 3 so the installation folders are different then that of a vanilla install. Any way for me to enable runewords?

4. mir

mir Diabloii.Net Member

I think that by ingame transfer it should work. When I joined pvp games all runewords worked, maybe in this case you (Beerus) should host but I don't know if this is even relevant.

You should also talk with a mod about it becuse it will effect your status as vanilla player.

EDIT: I don't know how ATMA will effect this item afterwards. Maybe you wont be able to open it in ATMA (it will turn it to gemed item instead of runeword).

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  5. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

The Runeword Mod is acceptable in this forum, and I am fairly certain most people on here use it. At the top of the single player forum is a sticky with all the links you need to get it going. I am using 1.14d(most current patch) and it works fine for me.

It's a straightforward installation, and there are videos on YouTube showing you how to do it. If you are using a Mac I am not sure if RWM is as easy to install as on a Windows machine. Also, every set and unique item drops in Single player.

6. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

The item would work if someone with RWM installed were to recieve the ingredients, make the runeword, then return the result. I do not know of a RWM specially made for the USB version of D2.

7. Lord Beerus

Well would anyone be willing to make the runeword for me? I just want insight on this colossus voulge and maybe a fortitude if i can find a nice 4 socket.

8. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

I still have my USB version of D2 I received in my D3 CE that is unused, so I guess I can check this, but do you not have any access to the files on the USB stick?

9. Lord Beerus

The usb drive has the mpq files and the install shields for both diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction. When it installs the file directory is different then what you would see had you installed from the disk.

10. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

I've installed from the Bnet download and RWM can work with that. Would this be an option for you?

11. Lord Beerus

How did you get that to work? It should be the same installation as mine if that's the case. If I can get RWM working I am golden.

12. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Same here. I'll look at the installation folders when I get home. It sure was easy to setup.

13. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

I didnt do anything special relative to the instructions
    Dump the Runewords folder into the D2 install, then make the special game.exe shortcut and play off of that