Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trang Ouls Avatar

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Darkflight, Jun 4, 2005.

1. Darkflight

Darkflight IncGamers Member

Trang Ouls Avatar

I found the last piece of this set yesterday and i'm trying to make a charcater of each class that uses the classspecific sets. So, what kind of necro do you think i should build?

2. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

Etiher summoner or poison necro. The trang's set screws fcr, so don't try a bone necro.

Interesting fact about trang's: You will walk at the same speed as you are running. So don't forget to toggle off running so you can benefit of max block and defense.

3. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

I also asked this some time ago since I'm up to the same goal of using all class-specific sets. What I got was Poison/Summon Necro. Search for the guide either here or in the Necro forum: Gvandale's poison / summon hybrid build v2.0.

I don't know (can't remember) if other guides exist, but I think this would work. :thumbsup:

Good luck!

--maxgerin

4. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Trangs is usually used with some kind of overlord build.

5. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

A poison/summon hybrid could use it, with +5 to both sets of skills from the set, the 25% poison skill damage boost, -enemy poison res and the fire spells will be great once the skeles have distracted the monsters, you can cast Pnova followed by a couple of firewalls for added damage. The meteor and fireball can also be used, but because firewall has no synergise, it will naturally be more effective than the others. Up to you though.

7. Darkflight

Darkflight IncGamers Member

Cool. Always wanted to test the poison skills. A skele/poison hybrid sounds nice :D

8. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Trang necros are quite powerful.

Once properly setup you can quite easily do Hell on players8.

Because of the inherent properties of the Trangs setup you've gotta do poison and, of course, summons being a prominent part of a necro you should hybrid the guy.

Trang and bone don't work well because of FCR issues with the Vamp Lord getup. However, as Sleepless points out you should "walk" all the time and take off the "run" because you move (or float really) at the same speed so you should take advantage of the blocking.

Done properly (with alot of preparation and luck/items) you can have an amazingly powerful and versatile char.

You can have total AI control and crowd control being able to stop your enemies dead in their tracks. Dim Vision, Amp Damage, Decrepify, Attract ...

You can have huge poison damage.

You can have huge CE damage (fire/physical) for a reliable AoE spell.

You can have incredible safety with a huge army to protect you and engage the enemy. Your merc will also be much safer because he's shielded by minions allowing him to provide an aura and great damage (assuming Act2 merc)

You can have 600+ point bone armor with Marrowalks.

You have backup fire skills from the Trangs setup.

The real key is to find a couple of things:

- Death's Web for overpowering poison damage from the - poison resist modifier. Couple with the +25 poison skill damage from the gloves and the - 25 % poison resist from the shield you will absolutely own Hell on p8. Throw in something stupid like a Bramble runeword (not to even mention a Beta Bramble) and it gets silly. But you don't have to have DWeb ...

- White runeword with +3 pnova and 2 other mods that will save you skill points in the curse tree so that you can save those points and put them into Skeleton Mastery.

Potentially you could have full poison synergies (Teeth, Pexplosion, Pnova) and maxed Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery, one point into Mages and Revives, Golem Mastery, Summon Resist.

Have an Arm of King Leoric for prebuffing. Have the White runeword for regular play and the Dweb on switch for increased poison damage and duration (the switch trick).

Nothing will stand in your way and you can take on anything.

Honestly, I can't think of any other char that can take on the whole game like this one can. Some may be able to dish out more melee damage per second ... others can dish out more spell damage per second. An assassin has the Cloak of Shadows spell which is outstanding.

However, they all have some deficiency somewhere that you have to account for. Sometimes in a big way. The Trang necro fully decked out doesn't have to run away from anyone.

9. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

The set, as the case with all other caster set, doesn't offer a lot of +skill compare to what you can do with unqiue/rw's. but if you don't have the better u/rw, it's not bad.

10. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Actually my friend on bnet (this was before the latest 00ber runewords) made a fishy and he wanted to use full trangs instead of uniques. I think he ended with like 1 less + skill than he would've had without trangs. He wasn't using enigma or anything, just your standard fishy uniques like arm of leoric and homonculus. Pretty much I'm saying that trangs is a really good set :thumbsup:

11. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

20 skelies, 20 skelie mastery, 20 poison nova, 40 in its sinergies, rest in the curses you need and maybee clay golem, summon resists and golem mastery

add marrowwalk, hoto or death web, sojs, maras ( on switch leoric for prebuff or, very very godly, CTA to BO all your minions once you summoned them )

very very powerfull build

you wont realy fully finish it unless you go for lvl 99 :), so it s up to your taste if you cut down some on skelies or on the poison sinergies, i d go for poison sinergies though

12. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=180678&page=1&pp=20

13. parawizard

parawizard IncGamers Member

I run my poison necro with a full trangs. I used revives instead of skeletons to mix it up a bit. It would be too much like my fishy with skeletons for me :) Thats just my opinion. Get LR before you max RS and max SM first :) if you go skeleton route! Revives only need 1 point.

Para

14. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

I think the secret is getting the -25% poison resists and the +25% damage. The optimum is probably to use the gloves, trophy, and one other item, and then uniques or runewords.

But I vote for the style of having one character who not only looks wicked on the character screen, but transforms into a ghoul lord in game, and has a couple of fire skills to boot.

15. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Hmm, this kind've gives me an idea for a PNova/BSpear/FWall build...

16. MFMOFO

MFMOFO Banned

Poison/Sumon build.
    SM - 20
    RS - 20
    1 point in clay, golem mastery and sumon resist

poison nova - 20
    poison explosion - 20
    poison dager 10 + X
    2 prerequisites

1 point amplify damage, 1 decrepify - 2 prerequisites

thats 99 points, completed at level **.
    If you level more, put the rest into poison dager.
    Don't forget about the run/walk thing.
    Very powerfull build. enjoy :thumbsup:

17. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

The Trang's Oul set is pretty good.

I have completed one pat already and he survives everything except gloams. Went by the route of maxed Poison nova and its synergies, a pt or two in LR and the rest in RS and SM. I think it would be good to have a pt in revives and max RS before SM.

18. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Yes, that is the standard setup for posion necro (belt usually as third item). :)