Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trang-oul poison firemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cheeseflys, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Cheeseflys

Cheeseflys IncGamers Member

Trang-oul poison firemancer

Hello, i'm Cheeseflys, i've decided that Necromancers have gotten a lil' bit boring because of all these builds being the same and easy to know what kind of Necro will be fought in PVP. Now, the fact that Trang takes up most of our gear, we will have to make of what we have left for other things. This build can be exspensive considering dual SoJs are the best choice for rings.I will be going over weapon choices and combat tips.

GEAR: Of course, Trang will be taking most of your slots so we have a weapon, jewlerly slots, and boots left. I will be giving some of the best choices in my opinion of what on switch,(Which if you know most builds, it's basically the same.)

WEAPONS:
    Wizard Spike-A great Resist bonus 75 to all resist, a huge mana bonus and FCR.

Heart Of the Oak: Basically a upgraded Wizard Spike, but if you have trouble with resist, keep the Wizard Spike, if your good on resists, use this.

Jewlery:

Bul Kathos Wedding Band: A nice ring with +1 to all skills and a hp bonus

SoJ: Another big mana bonus so I suggest dual using these for a huge bonus to mana and the total of +2 from both rings doesn't hurt at all.

Mara's: I say this is the best possible amulet for this so nothing beats it for me, if anything does do it, please reply in a nice fashion. :)

Boots:

Caster Boots: These boots are a nice to wear from the faster mana regeneration.

Rare Boots: Try and find +mana and or mana regeneration.

Armor: If your wondering why i'm going over somthing that the title covers, why go over it? Well, we haven;t socketed our all mighty trang have we?

For the shrunken head I put a Um in there so if you chose wizard spike, your resist will be no longer negative. i'd say put Um's in most of your gear for a good resist if you plan on hell dueling, if you plan on dueling in normal then socket things with whatever you want.

WHY IS IT A FIREMANCER?

Because Trang gives a level 18 Fireball, Meteor, and Fire Wall, so we will use this to our advantage and because of +to skills we should have 25 in here at the least. If you chos heart of Oak we will have level 27 in them.

SKILLS:

Poison Dagger: Synergie to Poison Nova Max it

Poison: Exsplosion: Synergy to Poison Nova Max it

Poison Nova: Main skill Max it as soon as possible.

Lower Resist: atleast 1 point into here, +skill points will deal with duration of this and it will make our Fire and Poison more effective

Fire Golem: Max it, it will be our main golem in our pvp/pvm area.

Revive: May not be accepted in pvp, but in pvm you will use them with 5 points or more if you like

+1 to all required skills to use those aboe

Skill Quest Points: I put these into Golem Mastery for a better golem

Switch:
    Call to Arms: the huge mana and health bonus are great from the skills given, and if you use Heart of Oak I think the Oak Sage will stack with it For a great life bonus

Sigons/Lildless Wall: as switch shield for the +1 to all skills to improve the shouts

Stats:

Strength:Enough for Gear

Dex: Enough for A max block

Vitality: all extra points

Energy: Base, or if you can't take mana problems early on then put a few points in, but this won't affect your life to much hough so not much of a big deal

Strategy: Before going out anywhere in pvm or pvp, use your switch to cast your shouts then switch back. In pvp your main strategy is to cast lower resist first hit them with a nova then use your fire attacks until death.(Recast nova as needed.) In pvp this is very simillar just that now that Enigma has invaded the scene people will teleport like crazy but nova spreads so it shouldn't be a problem. When fighting fighters make a box of firewalls around your person so lets say a whirler goes through you they will take some fatal damage even though you'll probally die if you stand inside your lil box. Against casters do the Poison Nova after lower resist and try and smack them down with fireball.( With fireball, your splash damage will basically be like you hit 2 fireballs at them without splash.)

EXTRA NOTES TO TAKE NOTICE OF:

Your walk speed with trang will be very fast so use this to your advantage so you won't lose max block when running. Your mana will almost never hit zero with all the bonuses you get to mana and mana regneration from it all from looking at the set atributes on the site I calculated a total of 60% mana regeneration from full set bonuses and partial bonuses.

This was my first guide ever so I constructive criticism would be nice and maybe i'll sumbit it the strategy compendium if it is liked by alot of people. Another thing to take notice of, because my account with this character on it was not played for 3 months I have lost him completely and now am restarting from scratch to rebuild my favorite character that this guide was based on. I curently have 2 of the Trang Pieces The Armor and gloves and lost the shrunken head in a transfer lag out(Lol) So yea, I play on USEast and my account name is cheeseflys if you wish to talk to me from Diablo. I hope you enjoyed this read considering that my guide probally isn't as detailed as it should be but I hope I give a basic idea of how this should be played, hope for a update in the future if manage to remake my beloved firemancer with more detail once I obtain my Soj's Mara and other Trang Pieces. So, have a good day, or night, or afternoon. And don't forget don't eat the soap!:soapbox: Goodbye!:thumbsup:

2. Cheeseflys

Re: Trang-oul poison firemancer

OH, I forgot to go over the Merc! I suggest a Holy Freeze NM act 2 merc, or a act 2 defiance merc, I would equip him with Bramble, hand of justice and delerium. Thank you again and sorry for not including this in the first place!

3. dryzalizer

dryzalizer IncGamers Member

Nice little guide cheeseflys, I am going to try and make one of these myself, with some slight variations. I play SP PvM only, so my plans are biased toward that. I have some comments and questions:

I usually have found that 1 pt in fire golem is enough for it to survive, if I invest in golem mastery instead. It probably doesn't make much difference, although a high FG will have a large fire aura that draws enemies to you from off the screen. Not necessarily a bad thing, but could cause you to get overwhelmed.

Can I use fireball as my main fire spell? I love this spell because of splash damage and ease of use. I have heard something about weird casting delays with Trang's Set, will I be able to throw fireballs at a decent rate?

Is poison explosion useful beyond just synergy and getting rid of corpses? I have always played necros with CE in the past, I'm almost afraid not to have it...does its poison damage stack with Pnova?

Max block vs. Max vitality. Is this a matter of preference like w/sorcs or is there a strong reason why max block is better for PvM? I personally prefer max vita but maybe the Trang's block anim is faster than for a sorc or something. Actually, the Oak Sage on HotO is intriguing, perhaps that will give plenty of life even with max block.

I read another similar build that used a might merc, I think this would be viable with the right gear and would boost your revive damage. Holy Freeze would shatter some corpses you might want to revive, but probably not too many to be a problem. I like the slowdown effect of HF, this will be a tough decision.

Extra skill points could go into Skeleton Mastery if revives are dying before their timer runs out, I'm not sure if this will be a problem or not until I start playing.

Really sorry to hear that you lost this char, best of luck building another one and thanks for the advice!

4. Cheeseflys

Well, to answer your fireball question, no you can't use it as a main because it will do very little damage without synergies, so if you want to use it use it in normal. The meteor is also not that viable being only level 11 actually when you get, I just rebought trangs. You get 18 fire 14 firewall and 11 meteor, but firewall has the most potential out of them all. Fire wall does around 900-1k damage per second which is preety decent. Poison explosion can do 22k damage, but I think it's glitched or it just doesn't hit to well.The exploision even though it has 22k damage with full synergies, doesn't seem to take the affect I wanted it to. A good reason for max block max life is for kinda basic reasons, one: Just because you have 75% to block doesn't mean a caster won't give you a good smack down.Two: Usually if you block most attacks in melee range little things might make you panic and lose your potions. I forgot to mention that you could socket the armor and helm with a perfect topaz or other mf sockets if you wish to do so. What I did was put a Pdiamond in the shield Pamethyst in the armor and Ptopaz in the helm for a variety of things. If your not trying to rebuild a Um could take over for the diamond. And yes, 1 point in fire golem does work, but I still would put 1-10 then if you put more in mastery then the golem itself. The might merc does have possiblitys, but I much prefer HF for the fact that it can chill immunes. Anyway, holyfreeze adds damage to your revives aswell, just chilling cold damage which is what I prefer which will go great along with your golems holy fire.

5. dryzalizer

dryzalizer IncGamers Member

Thanks for answering all my questions cheeseflys, I just wanted to add a couple things about merc gear selection. I'm pretty sure that the +25-50% poison skill dmg from Bramble only works if you're wearing the armor yourself. Have you tested this? Obviously it would be great if it worked but I don't think so...also HoJ has -20% enemy fire resistance, this might not work for you on your merc either but I'm even less sure about it.

6. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Sorry to say but somebody already wrote about this guide with a little more detail.
    Honestly from the looks of it, his build seems like it will work more effectively also.
    Should mention bps when writing guide :p

7. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

Interesting idea. Could you boost your fire skills by wearing a Sorc torch? Or an Eshcutas? Those two items would give your Sorc skills plus 6.

8. DayDream

^Nope and nope. Eschutas is sorc item only and sorc torch is sorc character only.

Only fire damage% will boost the damage but note, the fire spells that the necro gets is a JOKE. Only use it to finish off.

9. Wizdomm

Wizdomm IncGamers Member

Ah yes...the orbs are sorc-only items. But the sorc torch is not sorc-only. It says +3 to sorc skills but it is not qualified with "sorc only."

10. DayDream

The +3 sorc skills is limited to sorc only and does not raise sorc spells on other characters.

11. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

12. Cheeseflys

Well, I forgot to add this to, the fireballs are NOT damaging which is true; but, some people feel the need to avoid low damaging attacks... So, Nova has a wide range so they run into it! Other wise, firewall is the only ok damage thing you can get....The meteor is fun to mess around with if your bored and feel like helping people in normal trists... (I do when i'm bored) Otherwise, I gave up after getting my stuff back... The Hoto and SoJ's were harder to get then I remember... So, yea... I plan on making a new character and don't know what to make... I was thinking of a Trapsin, Javazon, FoH pally... I hate smiters and hammerdins... Ruins the game a bit and makes it to easy. Anyways, this build kinda weak, but it's fun to mess around with and you shouldn't use this if you wanna hit that 10k nova thing... I might make a new thread for my Offical D2 challenge... I'm trying to make it as difficult as possible with VERY strict rules! For my example:1 skill maxed NO synergies, go through hell and give proof of your acomplishment in a video of killing Baal. I will go over things in terms of gear restrictions in my new thread, because this aint Necro related... :p

13. Cheeseflys

I didn't choose bramble for that reason, it's that most people think thorns is crap, but it gives the merc more tankability for the fact that he does slight damage to his melee attackers and it actually does somthing when mixed with poison.

14. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

I have played it a long time.
    +3 Fire skills Items (Hex-fire & Atmas) will work on Fire 1/2 damage of Corpse Explosion and + full levels to Fire Golum, and Trangs Spells Fire skills for cheap builds +% chance to hydra (if you have this on a item) and Fire jewels for Extra Lag and De-sync.

Trang's can De-sync at anytime on a bone wand switch and a few body's and Walls if you stack some FRW..
    and you still have 1/2 decent block that beats the running HS Paladin, not the TPing one though.

Deaths-Web is a option as well if going for damage that way.

Rainbow Fire Jewels or Poison jewels help on your items 2 sets to mix and match is easy and nice. Has a nice easy level requirement to use and can run a partial build while leveling and finding the items.

Switch/Stash Items need a Naj's Staff for Teleport on switch as a option or a good TP charges item.

Last edited: May 17, 2008