Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trang gear what Necro it for?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Poison Oblivion, May 22, 2005.

1. Poison Oblivion

Poison Oblivion IncGamers Member

Trang gear what Necro it for?

Trang gear is used by many necromancers using many different builds. But what necro do you think that Trang gear is most suited for? For example those gloves are nice for poison nec and the set adds lota nifty things for skele necs. Please post ur theory on which necro build Trang is best for. :cool:

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

May the force be with you. :clap:

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Trangs is obviously targeted towards poison builds --- not only does it provide poison boosters, but the firewalls add an effective way to deal with the many poison immunes that the game has to offer.
    Using Bramble and partial Trangs might be even better, but it's considerably more expensive.

I don't know whether full trangs is good for daggermancers, as I've never really looked into this class. I would assume that the attackspeed penalty makes this a "no", but partial trangs might be an option.

Second best are Skelemancers --- there are no mods that are specifically targeted at Skelemancers, but the set offers a stack of useful mods that can benefit everyone. And I do use the firewalls as well :) Things like cannot be frozen or physical resistance aren't very important here either, but they don't hurt :)

Of course, this also means Trangs works well with poison/summon hybrids.

Trangs specifically is not meant for bonemancers, due to the cast rate penalty, and it would probably be difficult to get the cast rate to a decent level even without the full trangs penalties.

3. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Poison/Summon hybrid.

4. Poison Oblivion

Yes im going to agree with first post completely, and those gloves are kinda a dead giveaway its for poison necros. :clap:

5. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

I have heard already about this bug with the cast speed provided by the trang set.
    So is that means the Poison nova necros don't need any cast speed ?
    What is better - to have weak, but fast nova or powerful, but slowcasting one?

6. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

I don't really see why you'd want to spam nova over and over, unless of course there's a stream of monsters that keeps comming. :p

7. sad

sad IncGamers Member

I put a blackbogs on my daggermancer who was wearing full trangs for leveling purposes. A barb hostiled everyone in the game, and I gave him the pimp daddy smack. He died while running to town from a mysterious firewall blocking the gate.....no sorcs in the game though.

8. Poison Oblivion

lol

That sounds like fun, how did you get close enough to stick barb without dying? Was he a newb?

9. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

It's not like your cast rate is measured in hours with full trangs, you simply aren't casting very fast.

Thing is, poison doesn't stack --- poison is "damage over time" for a pre-set amount of time. If you apply poison again before the first application has completed, the timer is simply reset --- or in other words, the remaining poison from the previous cast is discarded.

Therefore, "machine gunning" poison is just wasting mana; ideally, you'll want to re-apply your poison spell the split-second your previous spell runs out.

As a side note, I don't exactly know how things work if there are multiple poisons competing --- only one is applied, and I tend to assume it's the last one that hit, but I'm not entirely sure. Still, if I need to replenish my army (I'm a Skelemancer, not poison) when dealing with DClone, I make sure my merc is either dead (he usually doesn't last long vs dclone...), or far away from dclone for more than 10 seconds, to make sure the poison from my mages is the one in effect while I'm away (the mages get INSANE poison duration --- no damage, but it prevents healing nonetheless).

Cast rate doesn't matter for Trang's fire spells either --- firewall is the only effective spell anyway, and it has a timer. Meteor sucks, but it is timered as well --- no FCR needed. Fireball profits from FCR, but it's only effective in A1-A2 normal, maybe A3. I never use it in A4 normal and later, although it might still work with lower resist (I don't usually use curses in normal at all...).
    In my experience, firewalls are the only thing you can still use to kill stuff in hell --- and hell is what counts. You can kill stuff in normal by spitting at it, if that's what you want to do.

10. sad

sad IncGamers Member

A necro in full trangs runs very fast, so I don't think he was prepared for it. Also, he had just finished fighting a zealot, which, although did not hurt him really, probably had him distracted. So then it was just a stick and I ran off.

11. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

I dare anyone to try out Trang Oul the left hand zealot.

12. Poison Oblivion

Poison staking

A patch or two ago poison did stack. If it still did poison necs would be the biggest damage dealers in game.

13. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

It still does... I mean if it doesn't now, pdscs would have no value at all would they? If you had 40x 290's, do you know how long you would be poisoned for w/ the shorter curse duration in hell?

- Dennis

14. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

What he means is that one attack doesn't accumulate with another. I.E. Hitting them with a poison Nova and then poison dagger won't combine the damage and hitting them with the same attack merely resets the duration timer. Whichever attack has a higher rate of damage will cancel out the other one. Consequently, there is no reason to get FCR for P Nova since with -resists its duration is typically a few seconds. Spamming Nova is just a waste of mana and a source of irritating lag.

Getting item sources of poison damage does stack with poison dagger but it's weird. Supposedly the way it works is that PD adds a minimum of 10 seconds to the duration and all the poison sources duration's get averaged and added to that. The rate of damage simply stacks. There are supposed to be some exceptions to this (and also some confusion) but I'm not sure what these are.

Having 40 pdscs will probably bring the average very close to whatever their duration is (6 seconds? I forget). Add ten to that and you have your number. I don't think poison damage is affected by the curse reduction (3/4 in Hell), but it may be diminished by something else. Keep in mind though, having -resists in the form of triple Trang's, LR, and poison facets increase the duration as well as the damage so these will keep your poison durations reasonable.

15. Poison Oblivion

Correct

Exactly what i was getting at is how poison novas dont stack or any poison attacks stack. Stack meaning to accumulate both the attacks damages. I just want to be sure this is clarified, :cool: