Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trang claws

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Harleyquin, May 13, 2005.

1. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

Trang claws

I've been searching for the conditions required to activate the 25% extra poison damage on the gloves, what exactly are they? Arreat summit, this site and d2date.net give conflicting data.

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

The conditions that must be present to activate the poison damage increase are as follows:

1. You must be level 45 or higher

2. You must have the gloves on your character.

and what your probably having a problem with:

3. Those gloves MUST have dropped in 1.10 ;)

Trangs gloves from 1.09 and earlier do not have the poison damage increase mod, so that could be where the confliction is coming from. The poison damage increase isn't a partial/set bonus, it's a mod on the actual item.

3. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

You just wear it and whatever poison skill you have, it will automatically increase the damage, I'm pretty sure it's by overall damage (after synergies are applied). So it doesn't take anything to activate it.

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

And its any poison skill any poison source, it will increase the poison damage from charms or weapons as well.

What it does is multiples the poison rate by a factor (not the duration). so if you deal 100 poison per second as a rate (note rates are really based on bit damage as stated in the tao of poison) and are wearing the glove you get 1.25 * 100 = 125 damage per second.

So a toxic small charm will deal 125 poison over 5 seconds, while wearing only the trangs gloves, instead of the normal 100 poison damage over 5 seconds.

5. Harleyquin

Thanks for the info. Now I actually have to find the gloves instead of dreaming about them. At least I found the shield during the countess run.:uhhuh:

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Gloves are cheap. You'll have more than enough PGems for them before you actually find a pair. Just check out the trade forums to get an idea of what they're worth in your particular realm. I think in USWest they'd be no more than 5 and you could probably get them for less than that.

7. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

Might be single player.

You could also make sure that the bonus is working by putting them on and looking at poison nova's damage go up/down.

8. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The LCS isn't exactly the most credible piece when it comes to displaying your damage.

9. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

Well it also shows the damage go up/down on the skill screen. Not sure if the skill screen is just as bad as the LCS though.

10. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

NM meph drops them alot for me...if your on east ladder give me a hollar *MasterDamned3 and I'll look out for a pair.

HoS

11. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I only have one pair in single player but with as little as I MF it really is an easy pair of gloves to find.

Trading for them can be really cheap I am sure. I would let you have mine but I need it for my magi_barb.

12. Beneathnoise

Beneathnoise IncGamers Member

I have a spare trangs shield.. would rather see it go to a forumgoer then a random person.

if yer on useast nonladder, i'm *beneathnoise

give me a holler, and i'll hook you up.

13. Harleyquin

To the last three posters, I only play this game on single player on /players1 and with laughable magic find levels so the trading suggestions don't help me much, the thought is appreciated though:lol:

14. Pherdnut

Do you at least use ATMA to mule stuff between single player characters. I would recommend building up an MF skelllimancer then. Mephisto in Nightmare looks like the best run for finding the claws. Odds are 1 in a thousand something which is a lot less dismal than it sounds. For good ghetto MF, gamble for boots and gloves. They can get up to 35% each I think. Amulets and rings too, of course. The rhyme shield is another cheap source of MF. Cold Crow in the Cave dungeon drops gull daggers at odds 1:833. That's a very cheap way to pick up another 100% MF. And of course, squeeze as much topaz onto your armors and helms as you can. Also, the sooner you get a character close to the 90s, the sooner you can start crafting amulets and rings which guarantees you a rare with 6 mods, making it much easier to find such items with specific mods that you'll actually want.

15. Harleyquin

Magic find skellimancer is a bit too boring for my taste, anyway the poison-summon hybrid I used has a manageable 128% mf if the mercenary makes the kill. I have been somewhat lucky with the drops, have had a cerebus bite, sandstorm trek and natalya's soul while questing so I suppose it's just a matter of time and patience before I stumble across the claws.

16. Pherdnut

The key to making skelliemancers fun is putting a few extra energy points in for excessive corpse exploding.

17. Harleyquin

I'm aware of the nightfish guide to skellimancers, but I don't like to blindly follow the guides of others. I still prefer using a poison attack either from nova or a stab from the blackbog's sharp dagger to help my minions. It's not that great a build since I have a jack of all trades but it works:cool: