Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trang build

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Æ’enris, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Trang build

Basic build I guess, focusing on SM instead of warriors to go with your lower resist.
    str, 118 for marrow
    dex, base
    vit, rest
    ene, base or 50ish?

skills
    20 psn nova
    20 psn dagger
    20 psn explosion
    15 sm
    15 rsm
    7 lower resist
    1 prereqs
    This would be at 99.

Items
    Death's Web
    Trangs
    Marrowwalk
    Sojs/BK or any decent rare really
    Maras or +2 nec etc

Comments or suggestions?

2. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Less pts in lower resist (huge dimishing returns) and more in RS and SM.

Overall it works :).

3. Shenn

Shenn Banned

Might want to max rs and sm before some of the PN snergies. Just for more protection from the enemies.

4. GIR

GIR Banned

Yeah, I'd say definetly max Skeleton Mastery. Use +skills as your main boost to Lower Resist.

5. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

I'd be tempted to put 1 point in revives as a weak Golem and your Merc are your only "blockers". The main problem I have with the mages is their weakness against the many boss packs that charge you, if you retreat they stupidly stay engaged and get wiped, you need teleport to make this work effectively I'd say... so Enigma or teleport charges somewhere.

Anyway good luck, I think it might be challenging. :scared:

6. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Investing in dex for max block will help you more than the ~200 life you'll get from going with base dex. Few sc's of vita are much better.

On the lower resist... Personally I have it at slvl21 with +'s, but slvl10 with +'s is the absolute minimum as anything below that doesn't break immunity on monsters with 110% poison resist.

Base energy is enough with Trangs, I've some 600 mana without investing in any mana increasing equipment.

7. GIR

GIR Banned

Been thinking about it a bit. Stay at base Energy. Trang's set provides you with enough mana and mana regereation to keep you happily using Poison Nova when you need it.

I don't know what you plan on using for a weapon, but I see you have no Summon Resist. Maybe a wand to +3 or so to Summon Resist. With the +skills on Trang's you can easily get 50% or more. That's going to be important, especially since Mages are a bit more frail than their Warrior cousins.

And if I might change my answer from earlier a bit, put what you can into Lower Resist. It'll definetly be your friend for this build. I'd still recommend maxing Skeleton Mastery, though, again, because Mages are weaker in Life and Defense than Warriors.

8. GIR

GIR Banned

Yeah, it should be. I've always put 3 points into Mages as they do make useful additiona; damage dealers, especially in narrow corridors where Warriors get all bunched up, or more than 2-3 can't be attacking something at once. I don't think I've seen anyone using them as their main force. Have fun with it, and let us know how it works out for you.

9. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

2 things your cast rate is cut in half (at my best guess) as a ghoul + you cant block as a Ghoul

not very condusive to Poison IMO

(ooo passed 400) (started at 373 to nite) (hit my target) (goodnite)

10. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I think they decided you can block.

11. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

A necromancer with a bunch of skeletons has plenty of tanking, so not much damage gets through to you. Max block is really.... not going to come in handy often.
    As for skills, see: 1 point into rs gets +21 life, +15 def, +15ar, +7% dmg. And enough points gets you another skeleton. 1 point into sm gets you +8 life, +2 dmg, defense and ar not sure, but its either the same , or not at all.
    Bottom line, I would recommend you max rs, and have ~10+ (remainder) for mastery.
    7 into LR, you mean 1 into LR and 6 into pre-reqs, correct? putting 7 points into LR itself is not worth it.
    Energy stays at minimum.
    Last thing: you are wearing Marrowalks. This means one point into bone armor is a must. (now you dont need block now, and can stuff those dex points into vit).
    Max skellys and 8/10 mastery first, then invest into poison nova.
    You'll be doing good :thumbsup:

One question, what did you get the Death's Web for? (want to get one myself but dont know what its worth and dont want to overpay).

12. GIR

GIR Banned

Because he's maxing out the poison skills. Trangs set give +to poison damage and -to enemy poison resistance. Death's web has an additional -40 to 50% to enemey poison resistance. Couple that with the +2 to all skills and +1-2 to posion and bone skills.

-enemy poison resistance and +3-4 to his poison skills, make it a pretty tasty wand to complement Trang's set.

13. belth

belth IncGamers Member

It's going to come handy very often if you do the Pit, Chaos Sanctuary and Baal.

14. UserMathias

lol, What I meant was what item did he trade for the Death's Web.

@belth: No it wont. Cause what physical damage will hit you?, at baal, sanctuary, pit, etc. An occasional missile that got by, accidental rushing into a group of monsters, or 'the one that got away' and meleed you. That is little, believe me. But, of course, what to do about those physical damages? Option 1: a lot of points into dex (175 dex needed @clvl 80 with a 75% block shield) OR you can put 1 point into bone armor with marrowalks.

I vote for 1 point into bone armor, and get yourself some vit (it helps with the black souls).

15. belth

belth IncGamers Member

If you're playing the Venomancer more like a Summoner, eg. staying back not using your primary attack, ignoring the benefits of proper block% is better. Or when you really want to play it safe, DV'ing everything etc.

But if you prefer to let your skeles+merc(+revives) gather the mobs and then wade right in yourself to poison them, blocking helps a lot. I prefer the latter, being able to theoretically take up to 2800 physical damage (not to mention OK bolts etc) without losing 1 life is quite a bit more safer than just the 700 from BA without block. I had over 100 statpoints to spend at one point, unable to decide Vit or Dex - ~200 more life or ~60% more blocking, decided to go for Dex as it helps with Poison Dagger too.

It's a preference and I strongly support the argument for max block when using either Homunculus or TO Wing on a necro.

Black souls I just DV and Firewall.

Edit: clarification.

16. UserMathias

Brilliant! :uhhuh: Why didn't i think of that? :stoned: