Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

train merc in chaos?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by voxy, Nov 12, 2006.

1. voxy

voxy Diabloii.Net Member

train merc in chaos?

hey everyone, just one question.
    does training a merc in hell chaos work the same as normal characters? (ie getting super exp starting at clvl 25)

2. Bandit

Bandit Diabloii.Net Member

I've no idea, I've never hell chaosed myself (I like to be legit ^_^) but you know you can always buy a merc a couple levels below you now in 1.11 He/She will not suffer any attribute loss this way so unless you're buying an aura act 2 merc from nightmare, don't waste time lvling your merc if the difference in lvls is that great, just buy a new one ;) unless you got they've super awesome name already haha

3. Luckymofo

Luckymofo Diabloii.Net Member

nope, merc does not gain exp from other party members. Merc only gains exp from his kills iirc.

4. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze Diabloii.Net Member

Or his master's. So, suppositely, you can train the merc, as long as you are the hammerdin doing the killing.

But......

Why would you ever want to do that? Fire the poor guy and hire a new one.

5. voxy

voxy Diabloii.Net Member

thanks for the reply.
    will there be any difference (in experience) between merc killing mobs and player killing mobs, in other words does the merc gain more exp if he got the last hit?

6. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

By the way why not just simply hire another merc when you are higher level?
    Cause your merc will have similar level with you when you hire them now.

7. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze Diabloii.Net Member

As far as I know, mercs get full exp if they kill, and a fraction if you kill. Anyways, as we have said before, forget about attempting to lvl up your merc. Getting a new one is by far the fastest way.

8. SSoG

SSoG Diabloii.Net Member

I'm also going to recommend just buying a new merc.

One thing, though- *BE SURE TO BUY YOUR NEW MERC IN NORMAL*. Mercenaries hired in Normal *ALWAYS* have better stats than ones hired in Nightmare or Hell (no matter what level you hire them at). The only time you're going to want to buy your Merc anywhere but Normal is if you want a Might/Thorns/Holy Freeze Merc, in which case you are forced to hire in Nightmare.

9. Esuna

Esuna Diabloii.Net Member

I saw this one user with like three mercs, is that possible or am I trippin?
    Because there was only one person in the game excluding myself, he had a A2 merc with him as well as another one.

10. Luckymofo

Luckymofo Diabloii.Net Member

I dont know if leveling a low lvl merc helps get better stats, but I'm pretty sure that the slight increase in stats is neglible.

11. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj Diabloii.Net Member

As mentioned many times in the past, a merc levelled manually will have the same stats as a merc hired fresh at that same level. There's no gain in manually leveling a merc, rather a big waste of time for doing so.

In other words, mercs have set stats for each level/difficulty/type of merc. There are whole graphs listing all of the stats of each merc from each difficulty at each individual level somewhere on the net, and I have the link bookmarked, unfortunately I cannot post it here as it is a link to another forum site.

SSoG should know where it is too. PM me for info.

12. seralph

seralph Diabloii.Net Member

normal mercs have better stats than NM mercs and they are better than hell mercs regarding stats. The lvl when you buy them has no affect.

If the merc makes the kill he will get the experience. If you make the kill the experience gained is caped at 1/64 of the experience used to reach next lvl. I' am not sure if there is an other malus in case you make the kill. Monsters slain by the party give no experience to the merc.

Edit: Why I see some post only after I posted myself? Wrong browser setup?