Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trading Personalized

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by domus, Jun 21, 2005.

1. domus

domus IncGamers Member

Trading Personalized

Are most personalized items for trade dupes?

or do folks just not wanna walk around with someone elses name tag?

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

I think its a matter of style. For example, I would never use a shirt where it says "This shirt belongs to Ryan", when that is not my name.

In general, people pay less for personalized items, just because it looks uglier.
    I do not think they are more duped than others, would be stupid to have lots of low-value things if you ask me ;)

3. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Often people personalize items thinking they'll NEVER find a better item, and of course they do, eventually. Kinda like tatooing your girlfriend's name on your a.... arm. :uhhuh:

A LOOOONG time ago there was a (rumored?) dupe bug related to personalizing, but that was WAY before v1.10.

Personalized items are great if you plan on using it because they are heaviliy discounted, but you will be hit by the same discount if you try to sell it later.

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

It depends on the name really. Some time ago I bought a "MF_GreenVald's Tal Rasha armor" at a discount and I really liked the name - since the armor was for my bowzon (Flayer jungle runner).

Translated, the name says something like "MF - GreenForest's Tal Rasha armor". Couldn't find a more fitting name. A strange coincidence really. :uhhuh:

5. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

At one time (.09, I think,) one of the dupe methods had something to do with personalization, and a lot of high level personalized items were duped. I have not heard of this being a problem in a very long time, so I wouldn't worry too much about it, although I'm sure it is still possible to personalize a duped item, so it doesn't necessarily mean it is safe.

Aside from that, I believe the other posters are correct; the main reason people don't want them is because they don't want to see "PK_FredPwnsJoo's Death's Web" in their equipment screen.

6. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

Unless its an insulting name then I have no problems with paying full price for a personalized item I think is good

7. ximazealotx

ximazealotx IncGamers Member

i collect good personalised items.

like faith's faith hydra bow
    and edge's edge edge bow
    and fury's fury fanged nife
    and Chaos's Chaos suwayah

i wouldnt pay any more than what they are worth but i think its a fun little collection