Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trading Items between characters

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Dr.G, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Trading Items between characters

Well first off I am new to this game and I hit level 26 or so with one character then I decided I wanted a to try a different class. Well my other character has some items I want like runes and such and I want to give them to my new character and vice versa. So how do I go about doing this????

2. shidenx

shidenx IncGamers Member

Are you playing on Bnet or sp? Bnet u can mule yourself by
    1)staying in game for 5 mins, drop the items , log in diff chara. note: u can do this once A to B. Doing more than once chances are that the game may be removed and your items lost.
    2)Buy another copy of d2. And run from the same pc but diff installations of the game.

SP

A program called ATMA. Do a search on the internet.

3. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

You'll want to download ATMA...A Tenshi Muling Application. You can store tons of stuff. If you go onto the Single Player Forum, there is an ongoing discussion just about ATMA, and people are happy to answer questions about its various functions...it rocks.

4. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Not true.

You have to stay in the game for at least 5 minutes, and then it stays up for about 5 minutes, BUT, every time you enter the game within those 5 minutes, the 5-minute timer resets and starts counting down again. I have muled this way for half an hour to an hour sometimes.

5. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

On B.net:

1)When you first enter your game, use /time to make sure blizzard's timer is the same as yours.
    2) try to get a friend to stay in your muling game
    3) when you exit, and are coming in, try to enter without the game pass (sometimes the game pass isn't registered, very rarely happens though)
    4) try to get your friend to hold as much as he can, then if REALM DOWN occurs, you won't lose much.
    5) Before you drop anything exit and enter again to make suere the game saved.

6. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

where can I get ATMA??

7. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Do a search for it on Google (www.google.com) or some other search engine.

8. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Would downloading the ATMA violate my terms of agreement???

9. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Downloading ATMA will not violate anything. If you meant if you use the program, the terms say that third-part programs are not allowed, but is ATMA a third-party program? Don't know about that, since it only modifies the save game files.

But one thing is certain... if you're worrying about Blizzard detecting it and doing something to you, they can't. They realy don't care what you do on singleplayer.

10. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

hmmm I would probally use it in multiplayer since I play to character and for some reason one of my characters get items that would only really help my other one so I want to do some trading...

11. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

lol, read the first response to your first post here. Notice how the ATMA program suggestion is under "SP"? Well it ONLY works with singleplayer.

12. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

so I am just going to have to do the time out method then..

13. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

I want to stop playing with one of my character but he has a bunch of runes and gems and I want to give them to some of my other characters and my new character so how do I go about getting them to my new character??

14. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Well, If he meant multiplayer as in open, or tcp/ip games atma shoud be fine right?

15. mordeth

mordeth IncGamers Member

self muling risks

I tend to use the self-muling method, and in the past it worked very well. However, I've noticed lately that I get disconnected from the realms a lot. Luckily this hasn't caused the loss of anything particularly important (some low set stuff, low res charms, etc.), but this can obviously lead to much tearing of hair and gnashing of teeth if you just dropped a good item and reconnect to B.net (this is on US-East). I'm actually here on the forum because I just got disconnected and I'm taking a breather (didn't lose anything though, whew...). I'm using a cable modem, and I'm still connected to my ISP, so I don't know what the problem is.

16. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Well I am playing ladder online...