Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trading... it works?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by NBarnes, Sep 26, 2006.

1. NBarnes

NBarnes IncGamers Member

Trading... it works?

I've read a lot of guides (like this one) that suggest certain items as 'cheap' gear to get as you're building your character (a sorc, in my case) into a lean, mean, MFing machine. However, I can't find any idea of what 'cheap' is or where to find such things for sale cheaply or otherwise. The auction site (RPGTrader) doesn't have any Wizardspikes or Vipermagi (no matter the resist% on the Vipermagi) on USWest Ladder that I can find.

How does one go about finding these things to trade for? How much is 'cheap'? What does a lvl 54 sorc look for to trade for these things?

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

If no one is selling the items you're looking for, you can simply put up an ISO (in search of) list stating which items you wish to trade for. As for price, cheap usually means mid rune or less.

3. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Pgems or runes like rals amns hels will trade pretty well for gear like wizardspike and vipermagi

4. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Uh, people trade that kind of stuff for pgems all the time in the trading forums. Works much faster than RPG traders too.

5. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

ISO postings are not allowed over at the RPGTraders site, but they're fine in the trade forums here. Here's a link to the West trading forum:

http://forums.diabloii.net/forumdisplay.php?f=24

Good luck!

6. NBarnes

NBarnes IncGamers Member

Hm. I was wondering what I could get to trade for stuff, but today I found a Lem and an Um while getto-MFing NM Meph+Pindle. I'm given to understand there's good demand for those rune, especially the Um?

7. rata

rata IncGamers Member

yes, keep the um and try to get tal armour (that's a good start for a sorc). you may not be able to trade for the armour immediately, some may even call u a "noob", but eventually someone will dump it to u for that um. i don't know what u can get for a lem that would be worth while. i recommend holding onto the lem

8. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

On West, you might be able to get both Tal's armor and amulet for the Um alone. Those two items are a godsend for any beginner sorceress.