Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trading as a newcommer kinda sucks

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Dr.G, Feb 29, 2004.

1. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Trading as a newcommer kinda sucks

I have been playing online for about 2 weeks or so and everytime I go to trade everyone has uber weapons while I just have wimpy stuff so no one wants to trade.

The only luck I have was a cool guy gave me some good strong itmes when I started but other than that I havent really gotten to trade..

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Build up the items people will actually trade for...

Crafting runes, (Amns, Sols) and Tons of Pgems will get you the items you want.

Just collect, cube up and trade. I haven't found anything, just traded Runes, Pgems and I've collected a nice little collection of items on Ladder. Works the same off-ladder too.

I wouldn't spend my time trading online though... The forums allow much easier contact with possible buyers.

3. ondergetekende

ondergetekende IncGamers Member

Dont forget the junk jewels. Keep all the jewels you find. They are needed for crafting, too.

4. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

As usual Alain is correct. Crafting stuff is relatively easy way to get your hands to some better items, it's hard to get the most expensive items that way but it will get you some pretty nice stuff. Pick up every single flawless gem you come across and all the runes that can be used on some useful crafting recipe (amn, sol, ral, ith, nef come to my mind straight away). 2 weeks is also not too much so you really can't expect to be able to get everything you want.

5. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

i share ur pain Dr. G dun worry, time usually changes stuff. I remember when i went trading i would show my stuff and ppl would go LMAO or LOL and told me to get out of the game :hanky:

6. coffeejunk

coffeejunk IncGamers Member

Hi,
    I also have a question, going in the same direction, so I thought: lets use this thread instead of starting new threads all over the place...

As I read it, many runes/gems/jewels are needed for trading. How do you people all save these items. I haven't played much, but I can see the stash and invetory overflowing already.

Also, is there an easy way to see the tradevalue of certain items. In a recent game I encountered Gull. Low level item, so won't be worth much, but I think 100% MF is the highest you can acquire on a weapon (base, without socketing).

7. Fercil

Fercil IncGamers Member

Mules, characters made for the sole purpose of holding your items. Many people have several accounts full of these.

Trade values forum has few price guides. Keep in mind that those are just guides, not the official prices and prices vary according to realm and ladder/non-ladder. It's pretty much a process of learning little by little what's useful and rare and thus more wanted and expensive.