Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trading and magic-finding questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by wolfrevenant, Apr 19, 2008.

1. wolfrevenant

wolfrevenant IncGamers Member

Trading and magic-finding questions

I'm fairly new to this game and forum so...expect quite a few newbie questions from me in the future. For the moment though, I have only two questions to ask:

1)What is mule-trading and how does it work?

2)Does a character's level affect what items you find ingame? Like for example, do you have to be level 90 and above to find Mara's Kaleidoscope or Stone of Jordan?

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Trading and magic-finding questions

1) I am not entirely sure, let someone else explain.

2) No.

3. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  4. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Here is the info you're looking for on mule trading:

How to mule trade

As for your second question, the items that drop are dependent on the level of the area you are in. Whether you are level 1 or 99 does not affect the outcome. To see a list of area levels try here.

5. wolfrevenant

Thanks for the reply.

But about the mule trading, let me get this straight, assuming that person A is trading perfect gems for some unique item from person B. This is how the mule-trading goes:

1) A gives B the mule account's (who's carrying the required perfect gems) name and password.

2) B logs onto A's mule account, taking the perfect gems from the mule and putting the unique item on it then logs off, private messages A that transaction is complete.

3) Person A changes mule account password, logs onto it and can do whatever he or she wants with the unique item.

Is this how a mule trade works? Because if that's the case, doesn't it sound a bit too risky? In this case, only person B has control of the situation. And yet I see many people in the trading forum using this method. Or did I misunderstand what the guide was saying?

6. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

You've pretty much gotten how a mule trade works. Trust is required between the participants, which is why it is pretty much only done between people on this forum. Never try it with a random Bnet individual as you'll almost definitely get scammed.

If you're leery of it, you could always have a trusted person on these forums moderate your trade. Said individual would create two mules for the trade, one for each person. Then once they have all of the items they would PM the individuals how to get into the appropriate account.

Mule trading is used mainly because the people involved simply cannot get online at the same time due to time zone differences, schedule conflicts and so forth. Rather than wait a week or two until they can both be online at the same time, they use the mule trade method.

7. Copilot

Copilot IncGamers Member

Its risky if you do it with someone with 0 trade rating, But its not all that risky because they only have access to the account with the item not your main account. And thats why you don't mule trade with someone with 0 rating, unless they send you the mule.

8. wolfrevenant

Alright then, thanks for the help everyone. Really appreciate it! :smiley:

9. cour de mal

cour de mal IncGamers Member

People who are invested enough in the game to join a forum, and ideologically compatible enough to maintain a good reputation here tend not to be scammers. Besides, all you would have to do to spot a scammer here would be to look at ther trade profile. Not more than 1 or 2 scams before your reputation is destroyed and no one will trade with you. The majority of my trades here have been mule trades, yet they have all been fast and honorable.

10. eseven

eseven IncGamers Member

Another point: Mule trades are used more often for delayed trades, etc. where the two people have conflicting schedules or such. This way they can put the stuff on the mule at their leisure without worrying if the other party will be online to complete the trade.

11. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

i normally mule trade for huge quantities of runes, gems, jewels, and full juvie pots

its cake to setup and trade vs trying to find them online