Trade Rating How To & FAQ

bradtford

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Trade Rating How To & FAQ

to leave a person feedback you click on the number beside Trade Forum Rating: below their post count, then fill in the info requested

0blique

Diabloii.Net Member

Question about when it is appropriate to leave negative/neutral feedback:

I recently made an offer on a thread for some items that the seller was selling for very cheap. After the offer was accepted and I sent mule info, I got a pm saying that the trade was rescinded, as the seller had "forgotten" that he had already traded the items previously. Seeing as how he had already accepted my offer, I consider this very bad manners, since I was forced to tie up my runes, and missed some trades that I would have otherwise made. Is this a reasonable case for non-postive feedback?

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member

this is when you pm a mod with thread, pm and everything and they will deal with it.

If enough proof is shown and there isn't some kind of deal worked by both sides reguarding one side of the trade, there can lead to more severe consequences.

Ishmayl

Diabloii.Net Member

What is all this [BIN] talk I see people talking about? Someone said in a thread, "I would like to [BIN] those items, I'll set up a mule account." What does that mean? Sorry for the noobish question, I don't do much trading...

0blique

Diabloii.Net Member

BIN == buy it now (like on ebay). So instead of having a bidding war for it, you automatically get the item when you bid that price.

Mule trade: buyer sets up another account (the "mule"), puts items on it and sends acct and pwd info to seller. Seller then takes the items and puts the bought items on the mule and lets the buyer know. You need to have a lot of trust for this to work, but it's very convenient, and is necessary for some trades (eg. hundreds of pgems, or multiple torches, etc.)

sorcguy

Diabloii.Net Member

Why is a 15% ED 3 OS dusk shroud on the DNT list? I've never found one and I sure as heck couldn't afford it, but really, it doesn't seem so outlandish that someone couldn't find it... ?

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member

anything on the DNT list is massively duped aka wanted items as well as rare, this is why anyone wanting to trade those will have to pm me or eroc and we will decide whether the item can be traded or not.

Michaell

Diabloii.Net Member

I had a mixup with my trade feedback (no big deal really just listed the wrong trade for one of them, but the positive feedback was correct). It isn't fixable, but that's ok.

I just had a suggestion though: Why not make it so we can access trade feedback from pm or user profile screens? It is sometimes clunky having to find a post by the trader in question to be able to leave feedback. This would also avoid any mistaken identity feedbacks like the one I did.

tradinfool

USEast Trade Moderator

I had a mixup with my trade feedback (no big deal really just listed the wrong trade for one of them, but the positive feedback was correct). It isn't fixable, but that's ok.

I just had a suggestion though: Why not make it so we can access trade feedback from pm or user profile screens? It is sometimes clunky having to find a post by the trader in question to be able to leave feedback. This would also avoid any mistaken identity feedbacks like the one I did.
I see that many people dont know how to use the shortcut for giving feed back from a trade. This is only available if you have already received feedback from the other person. In your own feedback page there is a yellow icon to the right of the message that the other person had left for you. If you click on that button it will short cut you to give feedback to that person, very easy. And the further added benefit this has it after you have done that, the icon will now be grey, thus indicating that you have provided feedback back to the trade partner.

The further added benefit is that others can look at your trade page and see that you are kind enough to provide feedback to others you have traded with.
But this doesn't work if both parties send the feedback independently, then the icon will always be yellow :(.

fwing

Diabloii.Net Member

I see that many people dont know how to use the shortcut for giving feed back from a trade. This is only available if you have already received feedback from the other person. In your own feedback page there is a yellow icon to the right of the message that the other person had left for you. If you click on that button it will short cut you to give feedback to that person, very easy. And the further added benefit this has it after you have done that, the icon will now be grey, thus indicating that you have provided feedback back to the trade partner.
this is the most gg trick fool has taught me since time. icon ftw

goodcopenhagen

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I just have like a comment/question on doing mule trades.
Quite a while ago I found a HoZ on my barb and was doing a lone transfer to my pally, meaning I opened a game, ran around did some MFing until I was sure it was over 5 minutes. I think it was over 15 or something. Anyway, I drop my HoZ, and when I try to come back with the pally game doesn't exist. I had the name/pw written down and everything.. it's happened before too that I had done one or two transfers and then bnet temporarily banned me, but I was lucky enough to get back to the game just in time.
Anyway that was a sour experience and I quit D2 for a while.. I'm just nervous about doing a mule trade. Was this a one in a million chance or did I just like not keep track of time? Which I could have done, but I doubt it..

Vegas

Diabloii.Net Member

I just wished everybody would learn the basics of traderatings, as many people dont use the reply rating or choose the wrong one..
Often when youre the buyer or seller, the one you trade with use the same buyer / seller button, or uses the trade button.. Then you wont get the trade forum rating valid :-( .. Its fairly easy already, but obviously it should be even easier, and they should consider removing the trade button option, thus have only seller or buyer!

But thats just my 5 cents I guess..

Cheers, Vegas

IchbinBruno

Diabloii.Net Member

Hey I'm new here and I posted on some of these threads, but I realized I don;t really know how this trading works :S. How do we go about making the trades? Do we go in game for this?

AcousticRebirth

Diabloii.Net Member

@goodcopenhagen

i'm sorry to hear that. if i'm not mistaken (and i very well may be), when a game is a certain length and has 0 players in it, it closes immediately. so (again iirc), there's a window of sorts between five minutes and (apperently less than 15) where the game will stay online. so i'm thinking it's probably best to complete the xfer soon after the 5 minute mark passes ... i, however, never wait for the 5 minutes. (if i'm only using 1 comp at the time .. i have 2 that i use) i drop the item and try to return < 2 seconds later (i live on the edge and am impatient) ... however this is relatively dangerous and not recommended

anyone, please correct me if i'm wrong on anything

@IchbinBruno

you can do either in-game or mule .. whatever works for both parties involved
here's some information on muling: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6179923

VnerSlidin

Diabloii.Net Member

(if i'm only using 1 comp at the time .. i have 2 that i use) i drop the item and try to return < 2 seconds later (i live on the edge and am impatient) ... however this is relatively dangerous and not recommended

anyone, please correct me if i'm wrong on anything
I've done this many times. Haven't done it muling expensive stuff as I'm not that brave and I have 2 computers, but I do it when mules gems or something.