Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trade Hacked

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by jrussumw, Mar 27, 2004.

1. jrussumw

jrussumw IncGamers Member

Trade Hacked

I was in a game today trading for a shako. I put my stuff on the screen and he put the shako on his side. We both clicked trade and I had a gemmed cap.

2. Ebuski

Ebuski IncGamers Member

So the point of this thread is..........? Do you think maybe he swapped it while you weren't paying attention or something? People who have trade hack generally dont do trades on a small scale level like this when they could be getting much higher levels

3. Atomium

Atomium IncGamers Member

And what is the point of your answer, Ebuski. If you're not interested by the topic, why don't you just leave the guy alone?

Sorry for your loss jrussumw. Always double check before clicking. Better luck next time, I hope. ;)

4. jbeast

jbeast Banned

Not a tradehack. What he did was probably said "hold on, no room" after showing you the Shako. Then you put up your offer and he put up his real fast and pushed the check. You saw that the item looked the exact same and didn't bother to check and pushed the Check. NEVER EVER make trade without checking when the person takes his item out and puts it back.

Just letting you know, not a tradehack. Tradehack was the one where the instant the trade window opened the item was already in the corner. These were basically displaying the image but when you traded you got nothing.

You prob didn't care, but just FYI and another thing to watch for (if still active) if you weren't aware. Sorry for the loss dude :(

5. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Was it ladder or non?

6. jrussumw

jrussumw IncGamers Member

It was US East Ladder

7. Satanic Ecstacy

Satanic Ecstacy IncGamers Member

Sorry for your loss, but I think it was the old swap trick, not a hack. You gotta make sure what you're getting before you click accept man!

8. Fast Willie

Fast Willie IncGamers Member

that was me that trade haxored you. Enjoying my new shako I might add.

9. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

I've had this problem before, when I started playing.

I put my 5 sojs on my screen, the other person put his 50% travs on his screen, I checked the item to make sure it's the travs, selected the checkbox, he selected his, and I got some sort of magical light plated boots back.

Just for clarification, that while I was new, I had actually read ALL the pages of warnings on this site before doing this trade. So I knew about the thing where the item has to be in the top-right (or is it top-left?) corner and the person can't move it around. So I asked the guy to move it around multiple times, and he did, and only when I was positive that I was indeed trading for travs and not something else, I clicked the check button and we traded. The person left the game right after we did the trade.

Fortunately, this never happened to me again. I have been scammed after this a couple of times, but I didn't lose much.

If it was you that trade-hacked him, why would you say that it's your new shako? If the item never left your possession, it would not be considered a new item, but rather the same old item you've had before. :scratch: