Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trade hack owned me.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by UltBerserker, Aug 27, 2006.

1. UltBerserker

UltBerserker Diabloii.Net Member

Trade hack owned me.

I was looking for Grief PB but this guy comes in and says he'll trade me his Grief Zerker for my EBOTDCB. I said to my self, that it was too good of a deal, but I said yes anyways. When he put the item down, there was a slight lag for about 3 seconds. I checked the item, and it was still a grief zerker. I finally put my EBOTD and well I accepted and I look in to my inventory......:cry: It was a stupid worthless magic axe.

=( Man this sucks. So Im just warning everyone that trade hacks are out again...

Another funny thing is my friend got hacked just before me and I never would've thought it would happen to me right after. :embarassed:

w/e

peace

Edit: I forgot to add some more info. Im not 100% if this is the correct account of the scammer but if its not correct, its pretty close.
    Account:Hyrule-Guard6
    Realm: US East Non-Lad.

2. adecoy

adecoy Diabloii.Net Member

that really sucks man i hope karma gets him

3. UltBerserker

Yeah dude, the lag def. had somthing to do with the hack program probably. But it didn't ring a bell because..well haha it always lags.

4. TheBhoy

TheBhoy Diabloii.Net Member

always use the window in future

bad sh*t

5. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana Diabloii.Net Member

The OP was using the trade window. :rolleyes:

6. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Do not bypass the word filter.

7. UltBerserker

Thebhoy, lol how else would I have traded him?

8. TheBhoy

TheBhoy Diabloii.Net Member

sorry misunderstood. Thought by sound of it u dropped traded him

Gorny -wont happen again

9. lagalot

lagalot Diabloii.Net Member

Maybe program that rewrites the description of the item after it goes in the trade screen?That would explain the bit of lag you got.I know little of hacks just that they suck for sure.

I always always double check the trade before clicking accept but that worries me now.The old move item around if you suspect a hack or get some lag may be the answer

10. UltBerserker

Maybe so, don't know. Seemed like an image hack.

11. Inokis

Inokis Diabloii.Net Member

Stuff like this just reinforces my "no-trade" stance. I will accept items from buddies on occasion, if they found something I had been looking for etc; but I never trade with the general public for any reason.

12. TKtrojan

TKtrojan Diabloii.Net Member

well when i do trades like that, i turn the volume way, way up and you can hear the items being moved.... it looks like its still there but it freezes the picture so he can move it or somthing like that.... but it dosent change the sound good for us bad for them

if i hear something i back out of it and say sorry :D
    then we go to trade window and if i hear it again.... its not normal

13. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster Diabloii.Net Member

Actually no, if he is able to "lag" in an image to replace his real item, what stops him from swapping the item back by removing his image with more lag? Then, when you're satisfied, he just puts the image back?

14. lagalot

I agree Dawnmaster.Like I said I dont know much about hacks and dont really wish to.The more precautions taken the better though and imo if the trade smells fishy best to use your instinct and opt out.

At present it would be hard to tell if lag in trade was unusual or not.Normal relatively lag free realms it would be pretty obvious and reason for suspicion.

15. DIEnamic

DIEnamic Diabloii.Net Member

lol someone offered a coh for my deaths set gloves today, but I told him that he could get the gloves for pgems yet he still insisted on trading... I don't have the heart to completely rip someone off but it is suspicious.

you know the saying, "if it's too good to be true, then it usually is."

are you sure he wasnt just cancelling trade and placing items with the same skin in window rapidly? if it is 100% true that you got trade hacked then I'm concerned about that hack in particular going public.

sorry to hear your loss, regards ~

16. lagalot

I would have taken the trade after all you were only losing death set gloves.Most likely someone with a lot of ...duped...runes to burn and wanted death set for a new build.
    Someone traded me a wf back in 1.09 for a riphook ..they wanted it for pk fun.
    Like you say if this is a new hack it is very worrying.

17. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster Diabloii.Net Member

It's a rather old hack, but I'm not sure it still exists in 1.10, there used to circle another hack as well, one that forced you to stay in the trade window, while on your screen you saw the town, and when you accepted a new trade, he would get all the items that were in your tradewindow screen.

However, the only hack I've seen online is MH, a random person on Bnet telling me that exact stats of my rare amulet. All the rest, all the flash/tradewindow/etc, I've never encountered those before.

18. BabyLink

BabyLink Diabloii.Net Member

If you supect an item to be hacked, ask the guy to move it in the trade screen, i've seen this many times. And always check the item the guy is showing, i got scamed about 3-4 times just because i didnt check DOH

19. DIEnamic

DIEnamic Diabloii.Net Member

well he was asking why I used death gloves when I showed him gear and I explained that it gives 30 ias and 15 res with deaths belt. I guess he didn't want to go through the hassle of making norm games and wasting 2 hours trying to get a hold of them like I had to endure.

maybe it was most likely that he had a lot of runes to burn, and I do somewhat regret not getting that coh. I just thought that he might appreciate my honesty by telling him that the gloves were only worth pgems and coh is way overpaying.

LOL wf for riphook!? back in 1.09 wf was worth at least 20+ sojs... I hope he enjoyed griefing people with that riphook.

the hack being private isnt too much of a concern, considering limited people have it in their possession. if it does leak out or go public then D2 is going to come crashing down fast.

20. BabyLink

BabyLink Diabloii.Net Member

Actcually, i'm pretty sure that some peoples just play d2 to crash it down

Edit: Bnet will have to do something about it if it comes public