Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Trade Bad Experience - Just to share

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by humbertomm, May 20, 2005.

1. humbertomm

humbertomm IncGamers Member

Trade Bad Experience - Just to share

I have started to play just for less tan 2 months, but just have 3 good chars to look to some itens, and everey time i get good stuff for noobs i create a game to give that for free (like sigons, mid-Unic Itens, rare itens and so on).

Unfoortunately i had not find yet Tal Rasha Armor and ammy for my Sorc, and yesterday i got really frustated...

I Know that there are good people playing on Bnet. But yeterday during a trade someone show me The ammy and sad that need a good armor, i got one Unic n Vault (+ to skill, 700+ to def, and other opts, i dont remenber the name) and when we trade he changes the ammy and give me a lol ammy.

Ok u can say that i was a dummie, but as i am always fair with others sometimes i forgot that the others dont think like me....

Just to share.....

Humberto

2. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

I've had one similar experience in the beginning of season 2, except that I was trading a bul kathos sword (the small one) to war travelers. The guy told me to move my item around and I did and of course the bastard replaced the wt with similar looking boots while I was moving my item. God I felt dumb & bad after that. It's so lame, the benefit is far from good on a scam like that.
    It must be the most common d2 scam there is (and the lamest one, though all scams are lame). I've been paying attention in my trades ever since :p
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Happy future trading experiences!

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

its a common way to scam people, but learn from the mistake and always look twice if not even more. You will most surely be exposed to similar scams again.
    be careful! :thumbsup:

4. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

What realm are u on? if ur euro ladder i can hook u up with an occy, tals amu and shako for free.

5. humbertomm

humbertomm IncGamers Member

Thanks a Lot ICE,

People lie u that make play online so good...

Unfortunatelly i am from USEAST Realm, but thx anyway for your help Friend.

I am quite happy to see people like u on Bnet. Congrats e thx anyway (If u are from USEAST i will be a gret birthday gift that was Yesterday.... I a Old now :( :p 25 years old :thumbsup:

My acc on USEAST is *humbertomm, who wants a friend to play Whisper me

6. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

Back then when i thought all the people playing Diablo wore tie-die shirts, liked to watch rainbows, and had smily faces, I tried to trade my Gris armor for a Skulleders. The guy switched it to a magic russet armor and i got scammed. I didn't really lose much but it broke my dreams about D2 players around the world.

7. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Thx for the kind words :), really most of us have had this happen, live and learn i say.

8. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

i had something like you but with my first ist trading with a soj :confused:

9. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I concur. You ARE a dummy.

Do you know how many ppl try to scam with Enigma / other R/Ws and keep avoiding hitting the button saying, " Oh no room" or "Wait whispering friend" and in the end put the same base item except it is always normal or magical, and even Ethereal to give that R/W kind of a look and hit OK asap hoping that you'd be dumb enough to click OK?

I do feel sorry for you, but you were a dummy and hopefully you learned from the scamming bastard. :D

- Dennis

10. jmorocks

jmorocks IncGamers Member

After being scammed at least once, you learn from it. Also, it shouldn't be hard to obtain Tal Rasha's set after 2 months of play, you're just not collecting enough Pgems. On BNet you could trade about 30-35 for a Pul and get the Ammy, and 2 Puls will get you the Um and that would get you the armor.

You type kind of funny for a 25 year old... :lol: