Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

tppk?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Qester, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Qester

Qester IncGamers Member

tppk?

Hey guys, ive read a few posts on tppk but i dont understand what this is really? anyone care to explain? I just got into nightmare hc and now im afraid to play in a public game...

2. Evicerator

Evicerator IncGamers Member

tppk is where someone fires a projectile at you then quickly portals to town and hostiles you, the projectile then hits you, Killing you instantly usually.

Been afraid will ruin the game for you so just be on your guard and never stand still in open areas. Beware public cow games i wouldn't reccomend going in them. if you find a public baal game stay in the game but don't do the first run. if no one dies then when the next game is started you can then brave it.

just be careful.

3. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

search for tppk - I'm sure you'll find plenty of info.
    In a nutshell, it's a vile and lame hack, using scripts to kill off chars. Used by lame idiots who are too cowardly to duel, or even pk.

Only thing lamer, is Blizzard's inability or unwillingness to fix it.

Nobody here likes it

hth

DelBoy

4. Nilaripper

Nilaripper IncGamers Member

In normal and nm difficulty the best method to prevent TPPK is lvl restricting your game:The higher TPPK chars dont see your game that easy or cannot join.
    In hell difficulty this game is not playable at the moment for underequipped chars.Waiting for one run in public baals to be safe is no viable method.TPPK might give you a rush until hell ancients and then kill you,if i would post here what i think about this people i would get banned.Use the "search function" to find topics about TPPK,try to figure out what the current one-hit killers are and avoid them.

5. Klauspoppe

Klauspoppe IncGamers Member

tppk is natural part of the game and ppl who do it are bored of killing mephisto and baal 843597832097 times.
    anyways tppk is not anything to be afraid... just noobs get slained by it.

6. Nilaripper

According to Mr.Schaefer,one of the guys who made this game it is not:

"With our current client-server architecture, I highly doubt that
    such hacks will ever be made. However, in the unlikely and
    regrettable event that item hacks, dupes, autokills, or the like
    do happen, and are not immediatly fixable, we would obviously
    consider further and adequate PK protections."

Max Schaefer
    VP Blizzard North
    6/19/00

7. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

wrong !!!!!!!! wrong !!!!!!!! wrong !!!!!!! wrong !!!!!!!!!

Do you really believe this ? Or is this a troll ? *

there is nothing natural AT ALL about tppk. I don't care if people do it out of boredom, it doesn't make it right. It's still lame and cowardly. If this is something natural to you, then I feel very sorry for you ...

DelBoy

*edit: I've just checked your other posts and I think I've answered my own question. You're a troll ...

8. Pain

Pain Diablo: IncGamers Member

Don't know why I never thought if it before, but Blizzard should just make another check-box option on game creation that allows/disallows hostiling other chars. If you're just looking to do Baal runs then dissallow it. The TPPK'ers and PK'ers can make their games with it. Make it a non-visible characteristic of the game so that if you just randomly join a game you have no idea if it is enabled or not.

It allows people to live dangerously if they so choose and allows others to be safe. I realize that in most cases this just rids to the game of all PKing, but given the low ratio of legit:non-legit PKers I think that would be OK :smiley:

9. Wordplay

Wordplay IncGamers Member

TPPK happened to me in the following way:

-- Get into a game named "BaalRun." 4 players.
    -- All players instantly invite you to join. TP to the last level.
    -- Instant death by ice-blast. 3 players immediately quit (bots).

That's it. The PK'er uses scripts to avoid the going-hostile delay and instantly frag you the moment you step out of the TP.

10. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

People really need to stop suggesting this as if it's a new idea.

Every PK debate ends in Zappa saying, "PK is an intended part of the game; end of discussion." If they were to implement this so-called "check-box", they'd essentially be eliminating an aspect of the game they actually wanted and intended for, no matter how substantial you or anyone else may think it is.

Blizzard has proven that simply making spells disappear and go away when you leave an area is the easiest way to fix TPPK (as they did with Hammers long ago). The only reason they don't do the same with other spells/attacks is because either they don't pay attention or they don't care enough about Hardcore.

11. Nilaripper

Another possiblilty would be to have more "no tp areas" like Ubertrist.If you dont stand next to the red portal this place is Tppk safe,except Umeff could spank your behind.

12. Evicerator

Evicerator IncGamers Member

Or even better, Muahaha!!!

For one second after you hostile someone any damage you do is inflicted upon yourself instead of the victim, would be a simple bit of code, just change damage dealt to Projectiles owner instead of collided target. Any tppker will end up dead in town and you would be safe. Any legit pker wouldn't be affected since you couldn't possibly attack anyone that fast normally.

now that would be a solution!

13. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

Evicerator - that's twisted - I like it !!

14. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

I would be dead by now, I've hostiled people as they ran out of town and I charge them for deeds under 1 second. This doesn't happen often, but it happens.

However, I do like the idea.