Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tppk

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by JKNemesis, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JKNemesis

JKNemesis IncGamers Member

Tppk

I'm sick of being paranoid about TPPK's. Isn't Battle.net doing anything about this? Or have they decided to let maphackers and TPPKer's alike get away with it all and walk all over the legit players online?

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Move on to a different game or deal with it.

It's a sad state, but the game is old and Blizzard has other projects to worry about. If we paid per month it would be much more reasonable to, say, expect a little more realm maintenance and maybe some regular ladder resets... but we don't. They gave us 1.10, released a ton of interesting new runewords, and even threw some shiny little presents our way for reaching lvl 99 first on each realm, all for free.

You're sick of TPPK? Great, we all are. I'm sick of people whining about Blizzard's commitment to this game.

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Nope, nothing is being done to prevent cheating... its unfortunate, but thats how it is.

4. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

PT pretty much summed it up. Don't expect any help from Blizzard if the game is free and/or very old, which, in D2's case, both.

5. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

Play sc or try using chicken hostile.

6. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

hope you enjoyed your stay here

7. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Way to be redundant.

8. NEURO_CKY

NEURO_CKY IncGamers Member

this thread pwns!

lmao!!! this is good stuff!!

justin: obviously blizzard isnt concerned anymore, as the majority of this forum states daily. its sad...but true. i have an alternative tho: play passworded games (or run with f list buddies) until i get onnline.....then run with me :D

CampKillYourself

9. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

Why? Am I gunna be banned?

10. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

heh

TPPK wouldn't be nearly so irritating if they hadn't gone and set precedant for themselves by fixing it with hammers so quickly. Ah well, I'd complain more if the game still seemed fun to me -.-

11. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

once upon a time promoting the use of hacks was banning offense. avoiding TPPK is very simple. Get friends and play with them

12. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

Stimm is referring to this:

I don't know if he broke this rule (is he aiding in the pimping of chicken hostile?). Weird wording. I'll leave this one up to the forum gods.

13. xxsteelxx

xxsteelxx IncGamers Member

such anger. Is it really so bad to wish blizz would care about games it puts out? Guess what ...after all this crap with d2 and seeing how blizz treats its games after they are put out i will never buy war3 ...i will never buy wow and i will never buy another blizz game. I see no point in giving a company like that my money when there are a bunch of games out there that are taking care of problems in their games ......

Your sick of people whining about game hacks?? Well im sick of "elite" d2 gamers making stupid little comments to people who have a legit beef with something...come on man they guy has a problem with something he should have a problem with ..if u are sick of these posts just ignore them ....its really not difficult ..its called your scroll button on ur mouse

14. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

I understand that you are anti-hacks, and thats cool, but chicken hostile is the one feature not part of the original game that you should not feel guilty about using, all things considered. And theres no way I could play only private games...

15. Elu's Might

Elu's Might IncGamers Member

Choose your wording correct and you can say anything of anything.

Sadly, people seem to have noticed that unlike in Real Life (tm), cheaters always win in the end. At least in Diablo 2.

I do not say here that I'd somehow "pimp the use of hacks" but rather pointing out the obvious direction of Diablo 2. As it was said, if we paid monthly for playing this game our requests for the removal of cheats in d2 would be listened.

Interestingly enough, if this was done for say, 10 $ a month, most ubar 1337 pwnzor 8-year-olds would leave the game because their parents would not pay the monthly fees. Yay for WoW!

16. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

There are also a number of hacks for WoW from what I hear.

17. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

If you have even 1 ounce of brains you can avoid TPPK without the use of a hack. Ive played this game since 1.08 and Ive NEVER been PKd / TPPKd unless I was dueling and even those deaths were legit. The use of any hack should never be condoned no matter the situation. Its thoughts like yours that lead to more and more hacks.

18. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

Sure I could avoid TPPK just fine but I'd have to worry about it alot more. God lod hc must be hell now huh? Not that you would know stimm cuz I'm guessing ur not active. Anyway, d2 is up to its eyeballs in hacks but the only good thing about them is the good thing about the internet and open source files in general. Just like you have people that will code to make it easier to kill you others will code to counter that. Just the other day I pissed off some idiot in CS runs and he started sending me packets making my screen flicker. So I download d2hackit, packet sniffer and blocker and no problemo. If I didnt do that I'd pretty much be unable to play everytime he was on because theres rarely more than one CS run on at a time. So how can you sit there and tell an active player that wants to play the game, and play it hc, not to use hacks?!

/end rant.

19. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

sorry, that was a terrible argument. I'm not gonna make fun of you or flame you or agree with Stimm, but i was paying attention to what you said until it got to "so i download d2hackit" and right then you get tossed into the same pile of ppl that I couldn't care less about. YOU are whats wrong with the game. not you alone, but you as part of a general group that feels the need to hack. Be it hack to improve your character, hack to get an advantage, or hack to "keep up with the other hackers." doesnt matter which you are.

As for the "cheaters always win." basically the only thing i do in the game anymore is kill chicken users. dont see how that is cheaters always winning. occasionally i come across one that i cant kill, does that mean he beat me? i would like to think not. He may have avoided losing outright, but in a wrestling match, a Submission is as good as a Knockout.

20. Palm

Palm IncGamers Member

If I didnt do it I'd be at the mercy of this person who's using some unknown hack. He is also a known tppker btw. I dont want to use hacks but I'm forced to do it if I wana play. Sad but true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.