Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

TPPK with Bash?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by CookiesnCream, Mar 23, 2005.

1. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

TPPK with Bash?

My sorc got tppked by a barb who claimed to have used bash to kill me. He said that the damage from Bash stays longer even if he tpped into town and hostiled. It sounds as if he was shift+bashing me and then used tppk. Of course, this barb also happened to be enchanted as well. Either that, or he could have been a throwbarb. I was just standing next to him, and the next thing I know, I'm dead. So I was wondering if anyone else had heard of something like this before.

2. TheCerberus

TheCerberus IncGamers Member

Wow.

Even if its not Bash, this game is now officially ruined. Thanks for the support Blizz.

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

People will tell you weird things just to mess with you.

4. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

he tossed at you. Him being enchanted just solidifies that in my mind. Thats nothing new, i dunno if the GAT ppl remember a guy Q-Myth used to trigger in gat games all the time. He triggered with a 7x throw barb at one time. Fortunately when he went for the ear of a recent kill, his trigger skills werent enough to keep up with my 60 zon who was sitting on the poor saps ear waiting for him to come out ;)

Anyways, i was once triggered with Tstorm if that makes any sense. so yes, i think some skills would be able to let the dmg or the attack "linger" but i cant see how bash would do that.

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Wouldn't you have seen a bash animation with bash?
    Can't say that I have enough experience with the skill to know one way or the other though.

6. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Yep, sounds like a lying tppking throwbarb.

7. Phantom_Man

Phantom_Man IncGamers Member

Even if Bash did have some sort of delay, the script takes too long to execute to pull it off. Gogo Thrower!

8. Shlongor

Shlongor IncGamers Member

It cannot be bash. Bash is melee and no matter how fast his proggy tps and hostiles, you are still in town when you hostile, and cannot melee someone. Was definitely a thrown weapon. Since tstorm works a lot like melee (in that it can't pick a target from town, it does not acquire you as a target until you are hostile, and since it is based on the caster's location, it cannot tppk you), I find that story unlikely.