Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Toxin Revolt" PvP Necro Guide: Beta

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Cyanide Koolaid, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

"Toxin Revolt" PvP Necro Guide: Beta

Toxin Revolt PvP Necro Guide: Beta

Bare with me as this is my first guide, sure it'll show, and there are many changes to come as I test this build more and more as well as with the feedback of you guys.

As you can see from the name, we're looking at a Poisonmancer(Toxin) fused with the power of Light(Revolt). I'm sure your thinking :shocked: as I was actually, until I further looked into and tested this build a bit.

We're going to use the basic PvP Poisonmancer and just give it a slight zing with the added power of the Duel-Dream. For all of you who don't know, 'Dream' is:

Dream (Io+Jah+Pul)
    Helm and Shield
    • 10% chance to cast level 15 Confuse when struck
    • Level 15 Holy Shock aura when equipped
    • +20-30% Faster Hit Recovery
    • +30% Enhanced Defense
    • +150-220 Defense
    • +10 to Vitality
    • 5% increased maximum Life
    • +0.625 per character level to Mana
    • +5-20 to All Resistances
    • 15-25% better chance of getting Magic Items

With the help of Duel-Dream you should be dishing out, if I looked at this correctly:

Every 2 Seconds
    Range: ~23 Yards
    Lightning damage: 1 - 278 (ø139.5)
    Lightning damage to attack: 1 - 1668 (ø834.5)

Not much damage BUT its more of a "finish the wounded deer" off kind of thing.

Enough with the explanation, onto the build.

Stats

STR: 85-100(Your highest required STR should be the 106 for a Troll Nest 'Dream' shield, followed by the Demonhead 'Dream')
    Now, for those of you who have a little more experience in making extreme characters with like no STR you may have other ideas but, for me 85 is good because getting +20 STR is pretty simple. Also, on a side note, if you plan on using a higher STR requirement armor instead of Enigma, you may need to consider for obvious reasons investing more points into this category.​

DEX: ~170("...to block, or not to block" Simply put, I love having block. Some of you may agree to disagree, but blocking is for me. 170 DEX would provide Max Block with any shield. If you know exact numbers, feel free to tweak up the DEX area but I'm not 100% so this is my comfort zone)

VIT: EVERYTHING ELSE!(Health is the key to a long life, in and out of game. Keep that motto with you, that extra 2 health could save you in a duel, trust me)

ENG: 0("Absolutely nothing, huah". Enough said)

Skills

Poison/Bone Tree

20 Poison Nova
    20 Poison Explosion
    20 Poison Dagger
    20 Bone Wall
    01 Bone Armor
    02 Pre-Requests

Summoning Tree

01 Fire Golem
    01 Golem Mastery/Summon Resist
    02 Pre-Requests

Curses Tree

01 Lower Resist
    06 Pre-Requests

=94 (lvl ~85, with all the skill quests but I might be slightly off there)

Gear

Now with the gear, minus the obvious requirement of Duel-Dream, I like to leave this as open as possible. Below I will list some ideas though.

Armor - Some suggests may include, but aren't limited to:
    1. Um Guardian Angel
    2. Emigma
    3. Um Vipermagi
    4. 50% Bramble:laugh:
    5. Perfect Ruby Shaft
    6. 4 Ort Armor

Belt

1. Trang's Belt
    2. T-Gods
    3. Arachnids Mesh

Gloves

1. Trangs, need we argue?

Boots

1. Waterwalks
    2. Aldur's

Rings

1. Pretty much open.

Amulet

1. Try for a +2 PnB ammy, crafted for FCR if you can get your hands on that.

Weapon

1. Heart of the Oak (Switch)
    2. Wizardspike
    3. GODLY Death Web

Charms

1. Anni
    2. 10 PnB GC's
    3. 20 Life SC's
    4. Necro Tourch

Mercenary

As for the mercenary, I'd suggest an A2 Nightmare Defensive (Holy Freeze) equipted with an Infinity and the usual Merc Gear.

All in all, this character is looking to be a nice dueler character. In combination with nice poison damage and backup of light/fire/ice, you have a multi-dangerous weapon that looks to exploit any players weakness.

Beta version is now open for descussion. Feel free to read over it and throw some suggestions my way. Thanks.

2. TheBassman

TheBassman IncGamers Member

I just read this real quick and it seems more of an outline then a guide per say, I love the idea though. You should bring in a few breakpoints that your charcter should hit. Dueling strategies couldn't hurt aswell. Have you built this character already?

~LesC

3. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

Yeah, I guess your right. It would be more of an outline huh, lol. I'm in the process of building this character, he's lvl 70 now and isn't to strong. The thing I did wrong was get glitch rushed before I had any gear for him so that kindda really really screwed me up. I haven't put into Bone Armor yet either and I can't wear my 'Dream' helm due to STR and my other items other then the duel dream really blow. I'm not a rich player, maybe just rich in the mind lol. So, my idea sounds good but I guess unless i can get Enigma and all the other extremely important to this guides items, he's not to great.

This character is extremely item dependent as any Novamancer so without that, he's mediocre. I hope to see more replies and some future testing to come. Thanks.

4. Cdnexpat

Cdnexpat IncGamers Member

Can't get max block with a dream trolls nest shield with 170 dex. IMO using dream on a necro you would have to go vita, only a few shields will give a necro max block and most are uniques or different runewords.

edit: I think the idea is good if you wanted you could go for max block with Trang's Head and have dream and Cresant Moon on switch and use them to finish off your prey.

5. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

Thanks for the insite. I was thinking Trang's Head actually, I didn't get to edit it due to time. So overal though, looks like a good idea?

I'm happy, I made this and its actually a good idea lol.

6. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

I guess I don't get it. x2 Dreams gives negligable damage against a foe with 75 light resists. Dreams have terrible mods for a caster, lacking FCR and +skills like you would get from a strong circlet and Spirit. Defensively they give little bonuses, the both of them give 5 FHR more than a Spirit if they are perfect, you can't get DR from the helm or shield space (SS and CoA are top DR choices, helm and shield). A Poison Necro simply needs 1 point of damage to finish the enemy, which he can get for a minimal cost in skill points in the form of a Fire Golem, a Fire Immune, Holy Fire aura minion stack which can also project fire damage at range, since you can resummon it at the edge of your screen, and the current one will die. When they die, they do damage.

This just seems like a Novamancer with inferior helm and shield choices. I don't mean to be harsh, but I think it's just not a great idea. Best of luck and peace.

7. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

Actually, novamancers that use a dream helm to finish off an opponent with 1 hp are fairly common.

8. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

My idea's already used...

so sue me, lol.

I figured it'd been used, its way to obvious of an idea for it to just be now thought of. I've personally never seen it so I figured it was a bright idea to post a guide. I'm still interested in checking this out more though and testing. Any more suggestions?

9. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

I was actually talking to HappyAssassin about his "This just seems like a Novamancer with inferior helm and shield choices. I don't mean to be harsh, but I think it's just not a great idea. Best of luck and peace." comment.

10. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

Oh, I didn't get offended or anything, I was just playing around. I'm hoping the build goes good though, I have like nothing on game and...

well crap, going PvP really isn't going to get me anywhere huh lol. Oh well, its kindda fun.

11. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

Sorry for the double post but, just wondering if there's anymore suggestions I should look at.

12. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

Um, yeah, they are common. So are barbs with eBotD. Doesn't make them good. There is nothing a Dream helm does that a fire golem doesnt do better. Dream as bad other mods. Res, FHR, Life, simply dont compare to res, DR, skills, FCR, and all the other options. If the goal is to make an original or fun gimick of a PvPer, Dream is a fine idea. If the goal is the best possible Novamancer, Dream is a poor choice.

13. TTTimo

TTTimo IncGamers Member

Put the dream HELM in your stash, and use it vs melee characters, so you can annoy them with mud man the clay golem

14. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

haha, true...

slow them down and just screw with them. Extremely annoying, lol.

Tele, tele, tele...zap zap zap zap.

Every 2 seconds, lol.

15. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

A few things...it takes gumby/blood/iron golem to get to flame so that's 3 for the preregs.

Rings should be either soj/wedding bands for the +skills extra mana and extra life if using a trang's belt since it has cannot be frozen on it...otherwise a ravenfrost must be used.

Ammy could also be a mara's as well.

Death web should be the main weapon to use since it is a poison necro's wand and does further help in lowering their posion resists.

Engima and bramble should also be the main choices for over a GA for obvious reasons.

It's kinda tough to have 10 skillers/necro torch/anni and 20 small life charms on you...since torch and anni take up the same 3 spots that a skiller does and add 9 skillers to that and your top 3 rows are completely full...leaving you with only (10) open spots on the bottom row for the small life charms.

If your not using both the dream shield and helm together...then it defeats the purpose of using them...since just the helm isn't going to be enough on it's own...even if you get LR on your opponent.

HoS

16. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

Yeah, I see what your saying. Thanks for the advice. I'm done with D2 for now anyways, some idiot hacked my account, I lost a few items but changed my pass, then ended up getting CD-Key/Account banned so he must have botted or something. Bye D2....again.

17. Cyanide Koolaid

Cyanide Koolaid Banned

Well, all was well...but I lost my account/CD-Key to hackers. If I get back around to building this again I sure will. If anybody else decides to build around this, let me know how it goes please. Thanks.