Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tourney IDEA!!!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Jezzwashere, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

Tourney IDEA!!!

This is just an idea, nothing official yet.

I was thinking of a Greek Mythological Characters Tourney... Something which inspired me when we were learning about that in English class.

The idea is to see how far you can get with a certain character, using a God as their template. Also, YOU would have to research the God/Human you are going to be.. As there are too many to list, but i have 2 examples here.

Achillies - An Achean (greek) warrior who is invunerable ecxept for his feet (hence, achillies-heel). This would mean that you are a Barbarian, with no boots on, and you need to have a High-Defence armour on. You would also be very strong (most points in strength).

Circe - An enchantress. She is a god who can enchant all men she sees. You would be a melee/ranged Enchantress, with really no restrictions, other than weapon must be a wand, and light armour.

Feedback would be appreciated. Thank you

Jeza

2. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

Sounds interesting, Jezz. I may well be interested in this. You might want to set one or two out for each class, though, as it may be best to keep this sort of thing a little regulated and balanced.

It certainly creates some interesting ideas, though, including such characters as Zeus, Hermes, Herakles, Artemis, etc.

3. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

Zeus - A paladin who uses thrown weapons along with lit aura/synergies as thunderbolts.

I forget the name at the moment, who was the god of storms? Windmaster druid with no pets.

4. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Wouldn't it be better if it wasn't only restricted to Greek gods. Must be a lot of interesting Norse, Egyptian, African, etc, gods out there that most people don't know quite as much about. Greek gods are alright but since Xena and Hercules :uhhuh: everyone already knows quite a bit about them. Also would this be the same as most other tourneys where it's HC and you have to live the longest untwinked? Or some other rating system?

5. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

ok guys... i will start sorting something out.. it seems like i will get a bit of interest.. give me a couple days and i will get it going.

yeah... too bad there isnt a female zeus (amazon with LF)

@ Spook_Cell: i think it should stay greek, cause then there wont be soo many gods to choose from. i will get some system that is unique set up soon, please give me a bit of time.

6. BubbleTough

BubbleTough IncGamers Member

Bah. Do a Norse mythology tournament and I would be in.

My wind druid is already named Woden, which is another name for Odin, who is the wind god. Also have a Hunter named Gabriel, for Odin was the leader of the Wild Hunt, he was nicknamed the Huntsmen, and what was another name for the Wild Hunt? Gabriel's Hounds.

7. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Yea this is quite an interesting tourney, mythological characters would be cool, maybe we could also incorporate clothing color choices into it, such as Zeus having to wear gold, etc. Meh, thats just me babling, but who knows...

Either way, I would be interested, hopefully i can get my power supply delivered so i can get back on my computer and not having to mooch off of my dad's...

Sounds Cool, Good Luck with it..

8. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

I have been getting some good ideas.. but you will find all the rules out when the tourney officially starts... because then i dont have to keep posting updates in rules... i will take in all the advice that i get, and then let it all out when the time comes.

9. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Sounds good, looking forward to it... :flip:

10. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

I believe Zeus would have to use fist of heaven, holy shock.

Too bad, I don't play D2 as much as before (only few MF runs per week). If I play Zeus, and get nice girls (we all know who Zeus is - he beat God of Love on attract girls!!!)... :lol:

wait moment, my wife won't let me be Zeus any way. So good luck if you are single, even better luck if you have GF/wife. :thumbsup:

11. Boddah_khan

Boddah_khan IncGamers Member

Hmm, although not technically a god... Pandora anyone? She could only use items made out of the horadric cube....

Hermes, a barb with a maxed increased speed.

Poseidon, a trident wielding druid. Why druid? He sometimes have shape--shifting abilities to others.

I'm not that creative in the morning... Good luck if you run this thing, it looks like a lot of fun, and it very creative. Cheers!

12. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Greek gods:

Zeus: Ruler of the gods, controller of winds and lightning. Wields bolts of lightning in his hands:
    Throwing Tesladin, FoH-din. If we ignore sexes: Lightning Javazon.

Apollo: God of wisdom, music, medicine and disease. Carries a magical bow:
    Bow using Poisonmancer.

Dionysos: God of emotions, extasy, art and madness:
    Frenzy-Taunter, Mojomancer.

Artemis: God of wildlife, the forest and female fecundity:
    Bowazon. If we ignore sexes: Hunter Druid.

Ares: God of fighting, strength and fervor, wields a mighty spear or lance:
    Berserker Barbarian, Whirlwind Barbarian.

Aphrodite: Godess of beauty love and intrigue. Has a somewhat cruel bent:
    Assassin with heavy use of Mind Blast (charming).

Hephaistos: God of smiths, artisans, earth and fire. Can unleash earthquakes and volcanoes:
    Fire Druid. If we ignore sexes: Enchantress.

Hades: God of the underworld, winter and to some extent the dead:
    Curse-using skelliemancer.

Persefone: Hades' wife, also a god of the underworld and darkness:
    Cloak of Shadows using Assassin.

Athena: God of civilisation, military discipline, chastity and uh.. olive trees, Wields a spear as well as shield with Medusa's head upon it. Is often seen in armor:
    Spearazon. Javazon.

Hera: Zeus' wife. Godess of marriage and the household:
    No applicable D2 character.

Norse gods:

Odin: Ruler of the gods, lord of the einheirar. God of magic, wisdom and mystery. Carries the magical returning spear Gungner:
    Bone/Skeleton necromancer (skele warriors=einheirar) (Bone Spear= Gungner/magic). If we ignore sexes: Sorceress.

Thor: Ruler of rain and thunder. A fierce and powerful fighter, carries the magical hammer Mjolner:
    Tesladin, Teslafroster, FoH user.

Freya: Godess of love and war. Also has einheirar under her control.
    Amazon with heavy use of Decoy/Valkyrie.

Heimdall: Watchman of the gods, can hear the grass grow. Responsible for warning the gods in case of emergency:
    Warcry barbarian.

Tyr: God of war. Commander of the aesir, wield a sword:
    Zealadin, Warcry-using melee barbarain.

Njord: God of the sea and winds:
    Wind druid, Freezadin.

Frey: God of fertility and abundance.
    No good D2 match.

Frigg: Godess of marriage, wisdom and to some degree magic (she is Odin's wife):
    Sorceress.

Loki:
    God of mischief, strife, chaos and thieves:
    Curse using necromancer. Daggermancer. If we ignore sexes: Assassin.

Hel: Godess of the dead, disease and the underworld.
    Poison Javazon, Assassin. If we ignore sexes: Skellie/Poisonmancer.

13. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Should use the smiths hammer.

Hey thats me!

Lol thats what I named my Sorceress