Tournament: Set/Unique Worshippers 2017

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
ShadowLurker has cubed the staff and is waiting to enter the Palace.

ShadowLurker found two items in Act 1: Pelta Lunata and Gorefoot.
ShadowLurker found four items so far in Act 2: Crushflange, Bloodfist, Blood Crescent and Cathan's Mesh

Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ----------------
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       87      154         Guardian #1
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        86      124         Hell Act IV RoF
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            77       76         Hell Act II Lut Gholein
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    60       36         NM Act III Docks
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
OldSoldier         Brigid_Crane    Sorceress    Balls of Fire     53       ??         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    49       34         NM Rogue Camp
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies           35?        >2        Act V Harrogath
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     30        9         Act IV Panda Fortress
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           25        6         Act II Palace
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 22        3         Act II Dry Hills
Jocular            GodKnowsWho     Assassin     Dragontail        ??        3         Act II Lut Gholein
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage
jamesixgun         Bethany         Sorceress    ChargedBolt/FOrb  13        1         Act 1 Dark Wood

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
Player:            Name:           Class:       Build:            Level:  S/U found:  Area:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67      78          NM Act IV Diablo
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        58      41          NM Act II Tal Rasha's tombs
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59      28          NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56      33          NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49      28          NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34      16          Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34       9          Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32      5+          Act IV Diablo

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
This must be at least the third time in an S/U tourney I've had an Act V merc with a Shadowfang Espandon in Act I Nightmare, so I knew he would do fine there. He just needs a little help with crowd control (like, don't wake up huge mobs, use bottlenecks, etc.). Large mobs of unleechable skeletons aren't good for him either. OTOH, Mirex likes large mobs of undead as targets for his heaven-sourced mayhem. :)

I think can start evaluating the build now.
First of all, it's not nearly powerful enough to make crowd control unnessesary. Crowd control will be vital later on, even if I find some awesome merc gear.

Conviction is very good as main aura. Not only for the obvious lower resist damage boost, it also helps the merc score pretty much guaranteed hits unless it's a monster that can block. The times I have other auras on, Sigurd is far less efficient. In addition, Conviction works as a useful 'life scan' device. The radius is pretty large, so I often hear it go off on monsters (even past walls) before I see them.

As for Fist of the Heavens, it's a mixed bag.

"Target is banished"
(That's the short in-game skill description. A bit of false advertising, I'd say...)

If I'm the right position, it's an easy to use point-and-click skill, so I can focus on quickly taking out things like bosses with aura, Cursed bosses, Berserker champs (who do lots of damage but have less life than a regular monster of the same type) and monsters that Sigurd has almost killed but that he happened to stop attacking because something else got closer. Damage is decent but not too great for a single target skill.

I does have a very annoying feature, though, and that is its tendency to trigger when I only want to move a little. Most targetted skills require the player to hover over a monster so its life bar is shown. Not so with FoH. It will seek out a target up to several centimeters away. Example:

MirexNM08, Maggot lair.jpg

Here, I wanted to start damaging the maggot Champ on top. FoH requires a direct line of sight in order to hit, but the wall corner was (just) in the way here. So I wanted to move up a few steps and clicked where the cursor is. What happens? Fist of the Heavens goes off and strikes the baby maggot Sigurd is fighting, and Mirex doesn't move. Very annoying! It's not so bad when I fight act bosses by myself (like with NM Andariel and with Diablo earlier). Then I use the 1s casting delay after each Fist to click to where I want to move next.

It's so annoying that I have Smite as active skill by default, then switch to FoH every time I have reached the spot where I want to use it.
(I suppose I could have FoH on right mouse button, but that would be very crippling (no aura!).)

My Den of Evil skill point completed the maxing of Conviction. Time to think about what to do with the rest of the points. This came to mind:
- Max the lightning damage synergy, Resist Lightning. Will boost damage +140% if I max it.
- Spend 5 points to get Redemption.
- Add more points to Conversion to make it more reliable. I want ~7 effective skill level.
- 1 point Salvation? I guess it depends on the gear I find.

Decisions, decisions. The good thing is that I can do all of the above if I survive to the endgame.

I name Angelic Wings one of the very best set items when it comes to partial bonuses.

MirexNM01, Angelic awesomeness.jpg

This was after finding Angelic Halo in the Crypt. I keep some set items with MF potential in the stash, so I could switch to Angelic Sickle right away. Soon after this, I took away the Attack hotkey. Will have Smite there instead.

If this had been in v1.09, this would have been an Azurewrath:

MirexNM02, failed unique.jpg

Smite stunlocking proved useful yet again:

MirexNM03, Treehead.jpg

Not sure if I will hit things with my weapons any more, but I still kept this - thought it was somewhat interesting:

MirexNM04, foul charm.jpg

Coif of Glory (Cold Plains)
Angelic Halo (Crypt)
Cathan's Mesh #3 (Crypt sparkly chest)
Milabrega's Rod (Crypt sparkly chest)
Spineripper (Stony Field Hungry Dead boss)
Tancred's Weird (Stony Field)
Vidala's Fetlock (Tower Cellar level 1 archer boss)
Frostburn (Tower Cellar level 4)
Death's Touch (Catacombs level 2 chest)

Fouldog's pack guarded a rather long passage I would have had to take if I wanted to open the door to their cell. That felt dangerous, so I made other plans. I let Sigurd get killed (sorry!) then I killed them with FoH from long distance:

MirexNM05, Fouldog.jpg

Only the one I was hitting would fire at me - easy enough to dodge.

More spitters (the second one was unbreakable LI):

MirexNM06, spitter boss.jpg
MirexNM07, LI spitter boss.jpg

Tancred's Weird is so far the only item from that set. Another stashed item with MF potential.
Getting Vidala's boots was much appreciated. Finally some FRW.

When I found the unique Gauntlets, I had forgotten what it was. Seriously.
IDed it and saw to my disappointment that it has no resists. Then I saw this:

"Increase maximum mana 40%"

That's just what I need right now! That +50 mana Angelic partial bonus and now this. Very nice. When I first learned Fist of the Heavens, I could cast two of them, then I'd be out of mana. Now I am up to about 11 from full mana (that also regenerates faster).

I took down most of Andariel's life with Crushflange Smite-ing. That was majorly painful - I used most of my full purples in belt. Did hit-and-run Fist castings after that. Slower but much safer.

Stony Tomb had a stairs trap in the form of two large Horror packs (one pack was obviously Extra Fast) and some lightning mages. I didn't even try to fight them at the entrance. I ran up into a hallway (almost empty, thankfully) and took a portal just outside the door to the next room. This was a very good decision, since Sigurd (and I) would've had very little chance against them in that small starting area. It was two bosspacks of Horrors, btw. Both bosses Cursed.

Out of the plans for my skill points, I went for getting Redemption first. Got it right before Halls of the Dead (sweet!). It's not just the corpse removal, it's also great for getting mana back. Half a dozen corpses will generally fill my mana. The +1 skills Angelic bonus is great, since level 2 Redemption means much less waiting than level 1 Redemption.

Hsaru's Iron Heel (Sewers level 1)
Cleglaw's Pincers #2 (Sewers level 1)
Civerb's Ward (Sewers level 3 Dried Corpse boss)
Blastbark (Sewers level 3)
Hellclap (Radament)
Isenhart's Horns #3 (Halls of the Dead level 2)
Berserker's Hatchet #2 (Halls of the Dead level 3)
Carin Shard (Claw Viper Temple Embalmed boss)
Bloodthief (Harem level 2)
String of Ears (Palace Cellar level 3)

I am now trying a Holy Freeze merc with upgraded Bloodthief. Not sure if that will work better or worse than with a barbarian. We'll see.

Finding a 4-row belt was nice indeed.

Destroyer Mirex the FoH/Conviction Paladin and Emilio the Holy Freeze guard, level 57, 54 S/U items found, NM Arcane Sanctuary next

Last edited:

Grisu

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds like a tough skill to use (FoH), @jiansonz . Good to see you try out those whacky builds in tournaments so I can profit from your findings once I try that build in a tournament ;-)

Btw, I got a bit sidetracked by MTGO, but will resume this tournament in the next few weeks (probably) :) I mean, it's only like 10 hours of game time left till I finish the character, I really should do this!

Good to see you're still at it, @Wolron ! Good luck for your characters!

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
ShadowLurker has Killed Dureil and moved on to the Kurast Docks. Duriel was unbelievably easy for ShadowLurker. The Shadow Warrior had to be recast several times, but the Rogue Mercenary took no damage at all and ShadowLurker only used potions to get more Mana. Blade Fury is at level 7 and takes 1.7 mana per blade. That eats up Mana pretty quick and ShadowLurker has not put much into Energy (5 added points for a total of 25). She found a Milabrega's Orb, but is bound to spend another 7 points in strength to be able to use it. That means no more energy until level 30 has been reached. The success so far is due to 541 life. Most of the attribute points have gone into vitality.

ShadowLurker found eight items in Act 2: Crushflange, Bloodfist, Blood Crescent and Cathan's Mesh twice, Milabrega's Orb, Darkglow and Isenhart's Case.

The two Cathan's Meshes and the Milabrega's Orb are the only items not being used. The Orb will be used as soon as the strength is available.

Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ----------------
jiansonz           Viridissima     Amazon       Valkyrie/CS       87      154         Guardian #1
Grisu              Oberon          Druid        Fire Claws        86      124         Hell Act IV RoF
OldSoldier         AndrewNiteTorch Paladin      Charge            77       76         Hell Act II Lut Gholein
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    57       54         NM Arcane Sanctuary
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    60       36         NM Act III Docks
zoo                Alexander       Paladin      Holy Shock        48       51         NM Act I Rogue Camp
OldSoldier         Brigid_Crane    Sorceress    Balls of Fire     53       ??         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dezrok             Roland          Paladin      Avenger           52       40         NM Act II Lut Gholein
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies           35?        >2        Act V Harrogath
Drystan            Goldilocks      Amazon       ??                32       12         Act IV Panda Fortress
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           28       10         Act III Kurast Docks
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     30        9         Act IV Panda Fortress
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 22        3         Act II Dry Hills
Jocular            GodKnowsWho     Assassin     Dragontail        ??        3         Act II Lut Gholein
GothamsBeard       Envy            Amazon       Elemental Bowzon  ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
hackedagainanda    Conrad          Paladin      Frost Zealot      ??      ???         Act II Lut Gholein
RedTang            PaniSuka        Sorceress    FO/Lightning      ??      ???         Act I Outer Cloister
Oakbrain           Olyssia         Assassin     Lightning Trapsin 18        0         Act I Outer Cloister
TwentyMuleTeam     TwoHearted      Druid        Fury              13        0         Act 1 Underground Passage
jamesixgun         Bethany         Sorceress    ChargedBolt/FOrb  13        1         Act 1 Dark Wood

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  --------------------
Southpaw8668       Wuzhul          Necromancer  Skelliemancer     67      ???         NM Act IV Chaos Sanctuary
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67      78          NM Act IV Diablo
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        58      41          NM Act II Tal Rasha's tombs
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59      28          NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56      33          NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
Oakbrain           Jathnolf        Barbarian    Berserk/War Cry   54      ???         NM Act II Far Oasis
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51      27          NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49      25          NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49      28          NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34      16          Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34       9          Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32      5+          Act IV Diablo

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
Good to see you're still at it, @Wolron ! Good luck for your characters!
You're missed in the Spirit Tournament! There isn't much competition there so I have had to provide my own competition. Yes, the old days are missed.

The Amazon that I am playing has been hard to work with, so I can see why you might have gotten discouraged (bored) She is a melee character and ethereals wear out quickly.

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I did another Wolron. As I prepared to begin Act III, I decided that the merc weapon (3 emerald chips in a bow) was not good enough. I looked over my runes and gems and found a flawless emerald, a flawless ruby and a flawless saphire. I put them into a 3 socketed bow and ....oops! Yes, I caught the error before going out and using that wonderfully improved bow, so I sold it and bought another bow. This time the best I could find was a two socketed longbow. I put two topazs into it and marveled that it was nearly as good as that illegal bow I had just sold (not so, but I was feeling bad and talked myself into believing it was almost as good). Then I went out into the Spider Forest and entered the Arachnid Lair. Guess what? Yes, I found my third weapon and had to sell the new bow, hire an act 2 merc and give him the Dragon Chang. Always looking at the bright side, I decided that those gems that I wasted were almost useless in this tournament anyway.

ShadowLurker has entered the flayer jungle and since she found the waypoint in a convenient place, she has stopped and will take up the quest tomorrow. She is at level 30 and has enough strength now to use Milabrega's Orb. I guess that the additional 20 Magic Find helped because she found Berserker's Headgear and Gleamscythe shortly thereafter.

ShadowLurker found eight items in Act 2: Crushflange, Bloodfist, Blood Crescent and Cathan's Mesh twice, Milabrega's Orb, Darkglow and Isenhart's Case.
ShadowLurker has fouind 3 more items so far in Act 3: Berserker's Headgear, Dragon Chang Spear, Gleamscythe

The two Cathan's Meshes and the Gleamscythe are the only items not being used.

Code:
jiansonz           Mirex           Paladin      FoH/Conviction    57       54         NM Arcane Sanctuary
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           30       13         Act III Flayer Jungle

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
ShadowLurker is still alive, the mercenary is seeing to that. Kurast was uneventful. I guess that is good. The shadow warrior is a bit weak (3 skill points) so ShadowLurker will have to put some points there in Act 4.

Witherstring was found in Kurast. It is tempting to switch to a rogue merc and put the act 2 merc (Dragon Chang) on the shelf. Any advice? For now, the tank seems to be the better choice and ShadowLurker has the bow in the off-hand. The magic arrows might come in handy.

ShadowLurker has 57 MF points (33 due to topazs in a helm, 20 due to Milabrega's Orb and a charm with 4). Other than the helm, she still has a white belt and no jewelry. I guess that is best looked at as opportunity.

ShadowLurker has fouind 6 more items in Act 3: Berserker's Headgear, Dragon Chang Spear, Gleamscythe, Diggler, Witherstring, Angelic Sickle

The two Cathan's Meshes, Crushflange, Pelta Lunata, Angelic Sickle, the Diggler and the Gleamscythe are the only items not being used.

Code:
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           32       16         Act IV Panda Fortress

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:

Last edited:

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Quinta finished another act in NM, so it’s time for an update. I’m not a fan of the A3 jungle areas, and passive/Valk build is a bit sloggy at times, so we went with p7 early on and stuck with it throughout. XP isn't really important for her build, so I think a little faster progress is worth it and will probably stick with p7 for the balance of NM.

The jungle areas were uneventful, yielding only another Sander’s gloves. I was worried about the Marsh with gloams (and negative lightning resists still). And of course they rolled. But it was easy enough to dodge the bolts in the open terrain, and she made it through without being hit once (with one assist from passive skills along the way).

LK was a disappointment, with not even a charm upgrade, but the Bazaar delivered another MF upgrade with the set Kite Shield. We cleared up to Upper Kurast plus the two Causeway temples and tagged Trav WP, but bypassed Kurast Sewers and Swampy Pit (due to still negative lightning resists at this point, and called it quits.

We picked back up with Sewers, and the drops picked up, with Sigon’s shield followed by Fleshrender, which was a real upgrade as backup weapon. I had been worrying about Meph and the potential of having to commit to CS and borrow the merc’s eth up’ed Razortine. But this would allow her to keep her options open.

Durance yielded another nice upgrade to replace Berserker’s headgear:
NM A3 (Rockstopper).jpg
The resists were very welcome and finally got her to positive lightning! Meph took a while, but he ran into a corner and targeted the Valk, and the Fleshrender worked out. Drop was decent but not overwhelming, with only S/U being Sigon’s boots. With a few more pieces, it may end up being her early Hell set-up—we’ll see.

With the resist upgrade, we chanced Swampy pits. And encountered our first PI boss. Fleshrender was useful once more, and about five minutes later we were victorious.

Other drops for the level were Cathan’s mask, Hsuras boots, a Lum, and Death’s touch.

She has 25 stat points and 16 skill points saved up. We have moved Riphook into the stash in case we need elemental damage so we can go with cold bow skills. But we’re still holding out for now in hopes of a nice javelin or spear drop. Another piece of angelic jewelry would also be most welcome!

Summary of current gear:
Code:
Head: Rockstopper (30/29/29 FR/CR/LR)
Body: Angelic set
Amulet: Vidala set
Gloves: Sanders set
Belt: Death set
Boots: Vidala set
Rings: Nagel (24 MF), Angelic
Weapon 1: Angelic
Shield 1: Milabrega set
Weapon 2: Fleshrender
Shield 2: Sigon set

MF: 153
Resists: 73/72/17/35

Merc:
Head: Naj Circlet
Body: up’ed Sparking Mail
Weapon: up’ed eth Razortine
Quinta, the Level 63 Passivezon, and Waheed, the Level 63 Desert Might Merc; A4 NM, Pandemonium; Total S/Us=59, Equipped=15.

Tidied the table a bit:

Code:
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    63       59         NM Act IV Pandemonium
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies            35?      >2         Act V Harrogath
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           32       16         Act IV Panda Fortress

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:

Last edited:

Charlo

Diabloii.Net Member
Tidied the table a bit:

I am long dead.....

:(

Code:
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    63       59         NM Act IV Pandemonium
Dazliare           Pestilence      Druid        Rabies            35?      >2         Act V Harrogath

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     30        9         Act IV River Of Flame

PhineasB

Diabloii.Net Member
Quinta continued her trudge toward Hell, finishing another Act. With only 153 MF, drops weren’t great, but there was one item that was welcome! Early on she got M’avina’s Gloves, which was cool due to class-specific drop but will probably be useless.

Burning souls rolled in the Plains, but she was able to dodge their bolts for the most part. The highlight of the level came in City of the Damned, with Sigon’s belt finally giving her 4 slots for potions. She doesn’t really need CBF, so she was happy to swap out the Death Sash. :)

ROF has Megademons, Blunderbores and Doom Knights (whichever version it is). Thankfully there were no spawners down there (in contrast to surface areas), so things went smoothly. HF was pretty nice, coughing up a Lem (Pul would have been better though, as I doubt she’ll bother to upgrade armor).

CS was pretty easy, with this nasty little guy taking a bit of care to take down (Quinta just hid :rolleyes:). Diablo did not contribute to her gear needs. :(

She’s going to stick with full clears for the rest of Nightmare, so I’ll probably hold off further progress past Bloody Foothills until Wednesday (a holiday in the US) so I have the choice of pushing through longer stretches without S&E.

Quinta, the Level 67 Passivezon, and Waheed, the Level 67 Desert Might Merc; A5 NM, Harrogath; Total S/Us=62, Equipped=15.

Code:
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    67       62         NM Act V Harrogath

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     30       9          Act IV River Of Flame

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
Shadowlurker has killed Diablo at level 35. His S/U items found are not very impressive, but that is to be expected. His total MF is only 57 due to Milabrega's Orb (20) a charm (4) and a plain 2 socketed helm with a couple topazes (33). Here are his S/U items found:

ShadowLurker has found 6 more items in Act 3: Berserker's Headgear, Dragon Chang Spear, Gleamscythe, Diggler, Witherstring, Angelic Sickle
Shadowlurker has found 3 more items in Act 4: Skull Splitter, Cathan's Mesh (third), Bloodfist (second)

The three Cathan's Meshes, Skull Splitter, Bloodfist, Crushflange, Pelta Lunata, Angelic Sickle, the Diggler and the Gleamscythe are the only items not being used.

Code:
PhineasB           Quinta          Amazon       Valk/Passive/?    67       62         NM Act V Harrogath
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           35       19         Act V Harrogath

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     30       9          Act IV River Of Flame

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
Shadowlurker has killed Nihlathak at level 44. His S/U items found are not very impressive, but that is to be expected. His total MF is only 81: Milabrega's Orb (20) a charm (4), a plain 2 socketed helm with a couple topazes (33), and now thanks to Larzuk, a Darkglow armor with a perfect Topaz for another 24 MF.

Here are his S/U items found:

ShadowLurker has found 6 more items in Act 3: Berserker's Headgear, Dragon Chang Spear, Gleamscythe, Diggler, Witherstring, Angelic Sickle
Shadowlurker has found 3 more items in Act 4: Skull Splitter, Cathan's Mesh (third), Bloodfist (second)
Shadowlurker has added 2 more items so far in Act 5: Nokozan Relic and another Gleamscyte.
The three Cathan's Meshes, Skull Splitter, Bloodfist, Crushflange, Pelta Lunata, Angelic Sickle, the Diggler and both Gleamscythes are the only items not being used.

Code:
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           44       21         Act V Nihlathak

Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:

Reactions: Zyr

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Habacalva, Level 28 Melee Enchantress, Kurast Docks, Sets/Uniques Found: 6

Habacalva and Waheed made their way very sloooowly through Act II, finding very little of note until the fake tombs. Duriel fell very quickly to combined Static Field, Enchant and prebuffing cold resist with thawing potions.

Screenshot003.jpg Screenshot006.jpg
Screenshot009.jpg Screenshot010.jpg

Finds
Cleglaw's Claw (Normal - Act I - ???)
Cleglaw's Claw (Normal - Act I - Jail Level 3)
Arctic Binding (Normal - Act II - Sewers Level 1)

Civerb's Ward (Normal - Act II - Lost City)
Cathan's Seal (Normal - Act II - Tal Rasha's Fake Tomb)
Sander's Riprap (Normal - Act II - Tal Rasha's Fake Tomb)

Set/Unique Worshippers Leaderboard
Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ---------------------------
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           44       21         Act V Nihlathak
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 28        6         Act III Kurast Docks
Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
----------------   ------------    -----------  ----------------  ------  ----------  ---------------------------
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67       78         NM Act IV Diablo
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        58       41         NM Act II Tal Rasha's tombs
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59       28         NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56       33         NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51       27         NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49       25         NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49       28         NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34       16         Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34        9         Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32        5+        Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Meroca          Necro        Skelli/Poison     30        9         Act IV River Of Flame

Last edited:

Wolron

Diabloii.Net Member
Shadow Lurker now has the nickname "Destroyer". So, she went out to the farm and destroyed a few cows. Her magic find is very unspectacular. She did find a few more in Act 5, but still has no rings or belt.

Here are the items she is using:
Milegrega's Diadem
Milebrega's Orb
Nakozan Relic
Blood Crescent
Darkglow armor with a perfect Topaz in Larzuk's socket.
Bloodfist
Gorefoot
Offhand: Witherstring

Here are the items the merc is using:
Isenhart's Case
Isenhart's Horns
Dragon Chang

Here are the 15 other items she has found: Angelic sickle, Another Bloodfist, Three Cathan's Mesh, Crush Flange, Death Touch, Two GleamScythes, Iratha's Collar, Kinemil's Awl, Berserker Headgear, Pelta Lunata, Skull Splitter and the Diggler.

Here are the numbers in each act:
(1) 2
(2) 8
(3) 6
(4) 3
(5) 7 (One of the seven was actually in the cow level -Isenhart's Horns)

Code:
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           48       26         NM Act I Rogue Camp
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 28        6         Act III Kurast Docks
Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:
Wolron             Pam             Amazon       Bowzon            67       78         NM Act IV Diablo
Wolron             Persephone      Sorceress    Frozen Orb        58       41         NM Act II Tal Rasha's tombs
Charlo             KulKanta        Druid        Ele-Summoner      59       28         NM Act III Kurast Sewers
zoo                BorisTheBlade   Paladin      Holy Shock        56       33         NM Act II Ancient Tunnels
zoo                Jens-Rune       Barbarian    Whirlwind         51       27         NM Act I Tamoe Highland
Wolron             Durbanex        Druid        Summoner          49       25         NM Act I Dark Tower
LacertaCK          Haramis         Sorceress    Meteorb           49       28         NM Act I The Hole (MSLE)
Skunkbelly         NewestSkunk     Sorceress    FO/FB             34       16         Act IV Diablo
kstuart            Chocopower      Necromancer  Fishymancer       34        9         Act IV Diablo
Charlo             Talameer        Paladin      Thornadin         32        5+        Act IV Diablo

Last edited:

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
Habacalva, Level 32 Melee/Hydra Enchantress, Pandamonium Fortress, Sets/Uniques Found: 15

Habacalva bid Waheed 'Goodbye':
upload_2018-7-13_0-2-37.png

and said 'Hello' to Flux the Lightning Iron Wolf, who was to be her companion for a long time:
upload_2018-7-13_0-3-10.png

Habacalva was still using a puny orb for much of this act and unfortunately, Flux was not powerful enough to assist, so Habacalva called upon the Hydra in her time of need!

Habacalva decided that it would be best to have the Hydra fight dangerous enemies while she smacked them around, while Flux provided long range support.

Due to a lack of items, Habacalva reluctantly wore the gift Ormus gave her. Flux was a little jealous but he knew better than to say anything as he hadn't proved his worth yet...in time perhaps.

Bremm Sparkfist proved to be a true horror and he nearly ended Habacalva's life with Might and Lightning Enchanted modifiers, however, Habacalva resorted to clever use of teleport over a dividing wall as well as Hydra into a doorway to emerge victorious.

Mephisto on the other hand was dispatched with great ease. Habacalva and Flux stood out of range, shooting from a far with Hydra (with L/CB support from Flux). Mephisto dropped nothing of note, much like the Lesser Prime Evils...
upload_2018-7-13_0-27-58.png
upload_2018-7-13_0-30-53.png

Finds
Cleglaw's Claw (Normal - Act I - ???)
Cleglaw's Claw (Normal - Act I - Jail Level 3)
Arctic Binding (Normal - Act II - Sewers Level 1)
Civerb's Ward (Normal - Act II - Lost City)
Cathan's Seal (Normal - Act II - Tal Rasha's Fake Tomb)
Sander's Riprap (Normal - Act II - Tal Rasha's Fake Tomb)

Bererker's Hauberk (Normal - Act III - Arachnid Lair)
Bloodfist (Normal - Act III - Spider Cavern)
Storm Spiral (Normal - Act III - Gidbinn Quest Reward)
Hsarus' Iron Heel (Normal - Act III - Flayer Dungeon Level 3)
Hawkmail (Normal - Act III - Swampy Pit Level 3)
The Eye if Etlich (Normal - Act III - Flayer Jungle)
Cathan's Seal (Normal - Act III - Disused Fane)
Isenhart's Lightbrand (Normal - Act III - Upper Kurast)
Isenhart's Lightbrand (Normal - Act III - Disused Reliquary)
Isenhart's Case (Normal - Act III - Durance of Hate Level 3)

upload_2018-7-13_0-13-38.png
upload_2018-7-13_0-13-46.png
upload_2018-7-13_0-13-56.png
upload_2018-7-13_0-14-5.png

Habacalva's Gear
Code:
Helm:     2x Chipped Topaz Skull Cap
Amulet:   The Eye of Etlich
Armour:   Hawkmail
Gloves:   Bloodfist
Ring 1:   Cathan's Seal
Belt:     Arctic Binding
Ring 2:   Storm Spiral
Boots:    Sander's Riprap
Weapon:   Isenhart's Lightbrand
Shield:   Civerb's Ward
Charms:   Resists
Flux's Gear
Code:
Helm:     2x Chipped Topaz Skull Cap
Armour:   Isenhart's Case
Weapon:   Isenhart's Lightbrand
Shield:   Cleglaw's Claw
Code:
Wolron             ShadowLurker    Assassin     Trapper           48       26         NM Act I Rogue Camp
ioupainmax         Habacalva       Sorceress    Melee Enchantress 32       15         Act IV Pand. Fortress
Set/Unique Martyrs
Code:

Last edited:

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
The Eye of Etlich (Normal - Act III - Flayer Jungle)
Great find, especially for being this early! And since you're fighting, even the chilling is useful.

The cold duaration varies a lot. Do you know if it's short or long? (I think ATMA can tell the exact number)

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Why an Act 3 lightning merc? Having tried them one or two times, I found them to be the most useless mercs of them all.

ioupainmax

Diabloii.Net Member
@T72on1 it's part of the 'hard mode' challenge from the first post in this thread. Clearly I'd be better off with an Act II merc, but I've never used an Act III merc, so I did it for fun.