Tournament: Merc's Merc

HanShotFirst

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Tournament: Merc's Merc

Patsy and Emilio managed to do a full clear of Act 3 at Players 7 and encountered no obstacles (I tried to think of some way to make it sound interesting . . . but it really wasn’t). Patsy was never in any danger and neither was Emilio (obviously due to my amazing skill . . . or maybe it was Battle Orders . . . yeah, probably the second). Patsy hit level 30 as Emilio killed the Flayer that appeared to defend the Gidbinn, after that things got even easier due to War Cry (for stunning monsters of course, . . the damage wasn’t at all apparent). From the Flayer Dungeon on the plan was for Patsy to stun every monster with War Cry (ranged monsters were drawn close with Taunt . . . then stunned with War Cry . . . not a very complicated or interesting plan . . . but it worked on every group of monsters up to Mephisto). Mephisto couldn’t be stunned . . . but he couldn’t do much damage either . . . so Patsy was able to act as a meat shield while Emilio did all the damage . . . super easy.

Mephisto didn’t drop much of interest but there had been some good drops leading up to the boss. The first useful find came in the Great Marsh when Patsy popped a chest and found Stoutnail (not much to look at . . . but the +7 vita made for a nice boost in life). In the Disused Fane an eth Duskdeep was found for Emilio (this nicely topped off all his resistances at 75 and was probably a big part of the reason that his life never dropped out of the green in the battle against Mephisto). Upper Kurast offered up Patsy’s second unique ring (a nearly perfect Manald . . . that’s not being used at present). What normally would have been the best find of Act 3 came in the Sewers . . . unfortunately its crushing blow makes it illegal for this tournament . . . which was really bummer because Patsy really only wanted to hold it for the stylish 50 fire resists . . . yep, bummer).

Happily, by the end of Act 3 Patsy’s fire resistance was already in really good shape. (Here were Patsy’s stats at the end of Act 3).

Act 4 continued to be really easy. The combination of high resistances and life enabled Patsy to absorb all sorts of damage (which in turn enabled Patsy to use really brainless strategies . . . the kind that are really boring to read about . . . so I’ll try to keep this short).

The battle against Izual was a bit time consuming (his life might have been even higher than Emilio’s! .. . and their damage was probably about the same . . . but Emilio had a much greater regeneration rate . . . so, really it was only a matter of time until Emilio prevailed). Since Emilio had things well in hand there really wasn’t much for Patsy to do but cheer from the sidelines . . . and then snatch up the drops . . . that were amazingly good. Another drop that got Patsy excited came soon after Izual (Patsy thought he’d found a new weapon to carry around that had better bonuses than +7 vita . . . but then he remembered that Open Wounds was a big no-no, . . so another nice weapon that could have been used as a resistance wand went to waste . . . bummer). Patsy was getting a bit depressed that all the good drops seemed to be unusable but then this dropped in the River of Flame (I like Ancalagon’s better . . . but +8 all resistances is still nothing to scoff at). The Forge drop was pretty good (I hadn’t come across an Ort yet . . . or a Tal for that matter . . . but I had found three Rals in Act 3 and two Thuls in Act 4 . . . I only hope that this good rune finding run continues into Nightmare where it really counts).

After stashing the precious rune Patsy dusted off the Blood Crescent and the Milabrega’s Shield that he had stashed and recruited an Act 3 merc for the clearing of the Chaos Sanctuary (he hadn’t had a merc die yet and didn’t want Emilio to succumb to Iron Maiden). Clearing the Chaos Sanctuary at Players 7 with an Act 3 Cold merc was slow . . . but well worth it considering Patsy got hit with Iron Maiden early and often. After the last Oblivion Knight was defeated Emilio was rehired and Diablo was engaged. Diablo turned out to be the first real threat that Emilio had faced (well other than the Iron Maiden that he bypassed). Diablo’s lightning spray was still very damaging despite Emilio’s 75% lightning resistance (thankfully Emilio could survive a single lightning spray so there was plenty of time to retreat and heal). Even more time became available for maneuvering and healing once Patsy decided to invest in enough strength and dexterity to use the General’s Tan Do Li Ga that Izual had dropped (slows target by 50% was awesome against Diablo). After equipping the General’s Tan Do Li Ga (what a name) the battle was pretty easy and safe. Patsy and Emilio made it out alive and Diablo dropped some nice things (the unique amulet turned out to be an Eye of Etlich that Patsy is planning to put to good use).

Here were Patsy’s stats at the end of Act 4.

Code:
Forum Name    Character         Class      Location     Level   Points  Merc Deaths
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hanshotfirst  Patsy             Barbarian  Harrogath     35     108      0
Abelard       Baldemar          Paladin    Kurast Docks  28      71      1
Wikkid        DeclawedKitten    Assassin   Kurast Docks  28      71      0
Rhia          Sidekick          Necro      Kurast Docks  28      71      0
DaD           Paige             Sorc       Kurast Docks  27      70      5
Ancalagon     Crazy_Nurse       Paladin    Kurast Docks  25      68      0
Morathi       Mane              Druid      Lut Gholein   20      42      0
Caly          Hannah            Amazon     OuterCloister 14      28      0
Pepitosari    Serc              Sorceress  Black Marsh   16      27      0
johnnygreek   Confused          Necro      Black Marsh   15      25      0
sapere aude   MrMojo            Necro      Stony Field   13      20      0
TLOD          Messiah           Paladin    Rogue Camp    1       2       0
Kefka         SomeLikeit_Hot    Sorc       Rogue Camp    1       2       0

Last edited:

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

@hanshotfisrt. Nice update and progress!

Just a few things though. When you link screenshots from Photobucket try linking the direct link...so only the picture comes up.
Also i am very very jealous of your Tan Do Li Ga :nod:. That is great weapon for a tournament like this, the 50% slow mod can go along way.

HanShotFirst

Diabloii.Net Member

Just a few things though. When you link screenshots from Photobucket try linking the direct link...so only the picture comes up.
Brilliant! . . I’ll definitely use the direct link in the future . . . Now, the only question is: Why didn’t you tell me about this several tournaments ago? :grin:

Rhia

Diabloii.Net Member

Almost all PIs can be broken with Amp Dam - that is how Lancelot has dealt with them. He also briefly used Lower Resist with a rogue merc which was slower but safer. Mind you, he had a pretty strong clay golem which you won't have but at a pinch you may be able to use confuse to reduce the number of attacks targeting the merc.
I knew Amp Damage could break PI's, but I'm not sure if my single merc's damage will be high enough to overcome everything possible.

I'm not entirely sure where to place points, truthfully. I'm maxing Dim Vision because I love halting the entire room at once. I was thinking Bone Wall next.

kavarin

Diabloii.Net Member

I knew Amp Damage could break PI's, but I'm not sure if my single merc's damage will be high enough to overcome everything possible.
With liberal assistance from amp damage, Lancelot's might merc has done at least 90% of the killing up to Act 4 Hell with the best weapon being a Hyperion Spear with just 96% ED. I'm sure you'll be able to get a better weapon :)

Anyway, Dim Vision is a great curse, and if I were you, I would also pick up confuse (although for this tourney I almost certainly wouldn't have picked a Necro!)

wikkid

Diabloii.Net Member

Warning Wall of Text Follows:crazyeyes:

Code:
Forum Name    Character         Class      Location     Level   Points  Merc Deaths
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wikkid        DeclawedKitten    Assassin   Act 4         32      96      0
Ancalagon     Crazy_Nurse       Paladin    Kurast Docks  25      68      0
The Journey to the east was enjoyable for the duo of DeclawedKitten and Kasim. Upon reaching Kurast Docks, It was decided that since DeclawedKitten now could fight along side Kasim as she had assisted with Duriel. They venture out in to jungle outside of the city and see a dark wander, “This cannot be good. We must not delay.†says DeclawedKitten. Kasim still doesn't understand what she all knows and how she does what she does but accepts the fact now and agrees to what ever she says.

In the spider forest they run into Blight Shield he happened to drop a Jade Figurine . Not knowing what to do with this they visit back to Kurast Docks found out that the old hermit Alkor could make a potion out of the ashes inside the figurine. Sine they were already in town figured would stop by to see what Cain had to say. Cain confirmed that the Dark Wander was a bad sign and that they should go find the brain, heart, and eye of some dismembered guy Khalim. Unfortunately the pieces would be scattered all over the region. Oh great thought Kasim but knew that Declawed Kitten would be all over this adventure by now he is starting to wonder why he came with her.

They went back out into spider filled forest to start looking for the parts. . DeclawedKitten said something about seeing one of the body parts in her dream and there were spiders all around it. She is one crazy assassin thought Kasim and wondered how much longer he would keep her on as a sidekick. However he changed his mind breifly when they entered the Arachnid Lair. Kasim had never seen so many spiders in his life and they weren't exactly his favorite creature. How ever after searching the lair and not finding any piece of the body thought this could be a wildgoose chase and was about to call it quits and return to Lut Golheim. However DeclawedKitten seemed determined enough to go on with out him and If this was real she surely couldn't be the one to save the world that was his destiny. The next day the came upon cavern with lot of spiders in it. “Maybe this is where it is,†stated DeclawedKitten. Kasim rolls his eyes as they entered the cavern. This caven seemed different than the other one as they saw Sin Crawler the Slayer could this be a sign though Kasim is my insane sidekick assassin right on this one, After that encounter they ran into Sszark after dispatching him it became evident he was protecting a chest. When DeclawedKitten opened the chest out popped out a eye, that was still moist and was almost like it was still living. Upon finding this they rushed back to Cain who told them it was Khalim's Eye. He also mentioned since DeclawedKitten could do a lot with her mind that the rest of of the pieces may appear to her in her sleep. As this one did but to continue to search the area until they had the rest of the body parts.

After searching all of spider fores they came upon a great marsh that go on forever. After they thought they would never get out of the marsh they came to an clearing that looked to be a jungle upon entering the they were rushed by little men that they reffered to as Flayers. So they nicknamed this area Flayer Jungle. After ligting a fire in one of the little flayer villages that attracted a lone flayer who was dead before DeclawedKitten even noticed it but she did notice the blade on the ground that he dropped. It was like no other she had seen nor had kasim seen so they kept it with them. In the flayer jungle they also came upon a Swampy Pit that didn't seem to have anyting important in it. They also found a dungeon that the flayers seemeed to have an interest in. After going 3 levels down the duo spotted a unique looking witch doctor .
After killing him they located a chest with a living heart in. This was almost to much for Kasim to take in. How can this prophecy be true what Evil lies out there and How is it that my sidekick can see all this and not even seem to be bothered by it. The duo goes back to Cain and he confirms that is the second piece. Cain asks DeclawedKitten if anything from her dreams had been sticking out to which see replied under the city of Kurast is the next piece. Cain confirms yes thats where legend has it to be. Hurry you must is his last words as the duo leaves the docks again.

After the flayer jungle is where it seemed like Kurast began. There were secret doors in this area as well that when touched opened up stairs leading down. This is where DeclawedKitten had her first near death experience. Upon going down there were lot of Rouges, Witches, and not having Fade active, that much melee, fire damage, and electrical damage was not expecected, Kasim how ever had no trouble with the fight. After clearing all of the lower Part of Kurast the duo, went to the upper part of Kurast and cleared it out how ever didn't come up with a brain only some book that they would return back to the docks to see if it was important to anyone. With Kurast being cleared DeclawedKitten suggested they go into the sewers and see if what they are looking for resides there. “Oh great the sewers again†said Kasim. After searching the entire sewer system DeclawedKitten notices a lever and pulls it. A set of stairs lead down further into the darkness. Down they go and notice a chest in the distance. Upon investigating the chest out comes a live beating heart this must be the last of the items they thought as they returned to Cain on the docks. Cain was impressed with their work and told them they needed to go to the Travincal after the Kurast Causeway and face off against the council to get a flail that will allow them to get to the durance of hate to face the first Prime Evil as the body parts are alive so it signifies he has arose.

The duo traveled to the Travincal and faced off against the council one at a time as they were spread apart, and collected the flail. Cain had told DeclawedKitten to put the flail and the body parts into the cube and it would make a key they needed. Kasim was thinking it is more likely to create a bloody mess in the cube, either way if that happened DeclawedKitten gest to clean it out. Out came a different looking flail and all the body parts were gone. There was a red orb that looked like it could be smashed after Kasim ran up on tired to break it with his pike to no avail DeclawedKitten smashed ti with the new flail that was created and that opened the doorway to the durance of hate.

In the duracnce of hate the duo went through 3 levels before feeling a strong hatred of each other, both knew Mephisto must be close. Upon seeing him he saw something new the assassin did she manifested surreal blades to circle around her. The lead got the first strike on Mephisto DeclawedKitten tanked him the whole time while Kasim was mostly untouched except for the poison cloud that surrounded Meph. In the End the duo was successful. With Meph now dead the bridge appeared across the lava and to a red portal. Through that portal they stepped in the pandemonium fortress in what they understand to be hell.

So far have done full clears on P8.
Kasim the Defensive Town Guard, aided by DeclawedKitten the Assassin, Act 4 Normal, Pandemonium Fortress, Level 32, Points = +96

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Brilliant! . . I’ll definitely use the direct link in the future . . . Now, the only question is: Why didn’t you tell me about this several tournaments ago? :grin:
Hahahaha sorry :crazyeyes:. At least you know what to do now :smug:

Looks fun. I'm in with a Paladin named Jericho.
Welcome OldSoldier. Hopefully you can crown another guaradian in my tournament. Good luck and have fun with Jericho!

PS. I am looking forward to the drops in this tournament later down the track. Given that the merc is doing most of the killing it wouldn't be hard to score 500+ MF on his/her kills.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member

PS. I am looking forward to the drops in this tournament later down the track. Given that the merc is doing most of the killing it wouldn't be hard to score 500+ MF on his/her kills.
At least in the late part of Nightmare...hmmm, lets see:

14 x Ptopaz in helms/armors: 336
Rhyme shield: 25
Boots of Luck: 35 (easy to shop perfect ones since you get so many chances)
Amulet of Luck: ~30
2x Ring of Fortune: ~40
Gloves of Fortune (or equivalent rare/crafted): 25
Total: +491%

Yeah, that seems about right.

OldSoldier

Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think I've ever found 14 PTopazes in an entire character's run, let alone by the end of nightmare. Yikes! But high MF will be a beneficial side effect to having the merc do most of the killing.

Jericho began his trot through the forest, ending up at the Stony Field WP at level 13. I do have a query however. Jericho cleared the Den of Evil and returned to Akara but she didn't give him credit for the quest. I figured I missed a monster or a fallen was resurrected during the clear, but the 5-4-3-2-1 monster countdown was never initiated. I reran the entire den two more times and several stamina potions later still no dice. Still an active quest with zero monsters left. I did S&E the game but it is the first this has ever happened to me. Am I allowed to reclear or just forfeit the skill point? Obviously my drothers would be at /P1 without drops but I'll obey the decision. Thanks.

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Jericho began his trot through the forest, ending up at the Stony Field WP at level 13. I do have a query however. Jericho cleared the Den of Evil and returned to Akara but she didn't give him credit for the quest. I figured I missed a monster or a fallen was resurrected during the clear, but the 5-4-3-2-1 monster countdown was never initiated. I reran the entire den two more times and several stamina potions later still no dice. Still an active quest with zero monsters left. I did S&E the game but it is the first this has ever happened to me. Am I allowed to reclear or just forfeit the skill point? Obviously my drothers would be at /P1 without drops but I'll obey the decision. Thanks.
Hmmmm interesting.....sounds like a possible bug happened?

I think i will give you two options for this situation:
1- You may re-make Jericho, starting fresh.....hoping that Akara gives you the free skill for completing the quest.
2- Forfeit the skill point and continue on.

Considering it is very early on, i think 1 might be a better option.....that skill point could come in handy down the track when leveling becomes slow.

PS. If Jiansonz disagrees with me and believes you can reclear the Den, then that is fine.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member

@OldSoldier: I think you can clear it again on /p1 and skip the loot. See if that helps.

ancalagon the black

Diabloii.Net Member

Crazy_Nurse started off killing fetishes and trying to get through the first part of act 3 as quickly as possible, and on the way found snakecord. Another one. Soon, he and Aliza found the spider cavern, and started tearing through the spiders pretty quickly, until we reached Sszark, who hissed a foul curse at us. Aliza advised retreating and regrouping, but CN did not heed her advice and suffered a nasty spider bite, dropping his health from full to about a quarter instantly. After following Aliza's advice, however, Sszark showed a similar lack of tactical prowess, fleeing into a corner and trying to hide there from a ranged attacker who could see him just fine.

CN found the angelic sabre and a plated belt of frost nova on the way to Kurast. The frost nova was quite useful, even though it didn't proc very often, as CN didn't get hit very often. Shortly after arriving (and upping the players setting to 8), CN found the treads of cthon.

CN also was ambushed by the stairs of several of the temples he cleared. The first stair trap had lightning beetles working with viper magi, which turned into a nasty combo, especially when Aliza has problems with monsters trying to touch her or get into her personal space. Being by a stair, however, retreating to regroup was easy, and it was only a matter of time before they all fell before Aliza's bow. At the exact moment the last of the monsters fell, CN felt more powerful. At the second stair trap, the viper magi were fast, and a little too fond of charging into us at close range. They violated Aliza's personal space quite thoroughly, causing her to spend as much time pacing back and forth and muttering about her meds as she did shooting. Still, they could not follow us up the stairs, so they too eventually fell. CN had been worried about Battlemaid Sarina, but she turned out to be a pushover.

Upon entering Travincal, a Hierophant challenged CN to a healing contest, thinking that he could heal his minions faster than I could. He was wrong.

CN defeated the council, and entered the durance, and almost wished he could return here, since he had never seen such a nice map for running Meph.

He dropped to /p3 for durance level 3, and had a fairly tough fight against the vampires and council members near the entrance. After several trips to town to restock, however, they all eventually died, leaving hsarus' boots and a very nice rare jewel. They then cleared out the two side passages, and CN swapped around rings to up his cold resistance, since his lightning res. was already maxed.

Then they fought Mephisto, who hit pretty hard with elemental damage, but not hard enough to concern CN, whose ability to block most of Meph's ice balls was very convenient, but not quite neccesary. CN was tanking Meph's wrath comfortably, when suddenly Aliza died. Meph had fired charged bolts, which did minor damage to CN as they hit him, but 2 or more bolts must have hit Aliza, since she had been at full health and was suddenly dead.

CN went to town to ressurect her and regroup, and shortly after they went back down, Aliza bit the dust again. Again the heroes returned to fight the demon, bringing him fairly low on health. CN didn't want to have to use any of his precious rejuv pots, so he decided to go back to town to refill his belt. As he was fumbling in his backpack for his tome of town portal scrolls, Meph shot Aliza in the face with an iceball, killing her a third time. Shortly after, however, Aliza took her revenge by killing Mephisto.

Code:
Ancalagon     Crazy_Nurse       Paladin    Act 4         29      93      3

OldSoldier

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks guys, it worked this time (DoE reward). I got 245 experience out of it though. I appreciate the rule bending, as even though the character is young, I view it as a waste of the two hours it took me to get him to where he is if I rebuild.

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

Well looks like this is interesting enough for me to start playing again. I'll be playing a paladin.

EDIT: Update. Well started off quite easy and decided I was going to get a few holybolt levels as it will help out later on regardless of my mercenary choice. Figure I'll get max holy bolt, fant, prayer, and all the other 1point wonders and 5 in holy shield. Utilize throwing weapons with decent mods to further help along.

The caves was right by the cold plains waypoint, and figured that would be a good place to get to eight and then kill Coldeye or whatever her correct name is. Cleared it all, got to two, hit level 8. Hired Debi a nice fire arrow rogue, cleared two, went back up to one. Found a +3might scepter, which will help out nicely. Coldeye stood no chance with me healing my mercenary. Hopefully pumping this will help her tank Andy later on.

Code:
Vang          Lackey		Paladin    Cold Plains   9       13      0
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

wikkid

Diabloii.Net Member

Diablo Did in Kasim and DeclawedKitten was super fun while it lasted. Will be back though once figure out better idea of how to do this.

Code:
Wikkid        DeclawedKitten    Assassin   Deeds         35     105      0

DeathAndDecay

Diabloii.Net Member

Ancalagon the [email protected]: Yes, the CtC Frost Nova is realy useful, especially in A2 when one nova kills a fallen!

Code:
DaD           Paige             Sorc       Act 4         32      94      5

Azrael gets used to Paige as she is at a right place when you mostly need her. Good old Teleport... Azrael's weapon isn't strong because of unsucesful Saveage polearm rolls, but Paige's damage amplifying axe which can be thrown when evil forces are too strong to come close. Together they are a mix of fire-power and Teleport. :smug: Together they wiped out entire Kurast skipping some areas :whistling: and missing Upper Kurast WP which equals 1point, oh what ever.
I gambled a pair of rare boots which is like Hsarus' ones but better. I somewhere found this amulet, nice isn't it?
And we wer lucky to find a Hawkmail, and Azrael gets to wear it, lucky dog!
Stats at end of A3 and Mephisto drop.
P.S.: Want a medal?! Gues the difference between this screenshot and the upper one.

Last edited:

HanShotFirst

Diabloii.Net Member

P.S.: Want a medal?! Guess the difference between this screenshot and the upper one.
Azrael is no longer poisoned in screenshot #2 :thumbup:

Patsy and Emilio managed to perform a full clear of Act 5 at Players 7 encountering only a handful of notable monsters. The first (and only non-super unique) to put up a good fight was ‘Star Wound’ a stone skinned Frenzytaur of Abaddon. Star Wound was impressive for the fact that he probably had as much life as Emilio and his regeneration (or leech) rate was also as fast as Emilio’s (so the battle would probably still be going if Patsy hadn’t interfered). Patsy’s War Cry didn’t do anything to the stone skinned brute so he had to resort to bringing out his doomsday weapon (General’s Tan Do Li Ga) . . . and then the battle was over in a flash (Frenzytaurs at 50% of their normal speed are not that impressive).

The near impasse caused by Star Wound caused Patsy to decide it was time to upgrade Emilio’s weapon . . . after spending about 600K gold on gambling pikes, Patsy found absolutely nothing useful and returned to Abaddon . . . a few minutes later he found this. The Impaler was tempting but really didn’t seem to be any better than the rare pike that Emilio had been using since Act 3 (so it was stashed for later use . . . well probably not really . . . it was stashed because I can’t stop collecting things :grin: ). Soon after another unique spear was found . . . but sadly this one was worse than the last (I can’t imagine any possible use for that Lance of Yaggai . . . but I still stashed it all the same :grin: ).

Anya was up next. Rescuing her was pretty simple (the undead corpses slowed the full clear some but otherwise there were no complications). Anya rewarded Patsy for his efforts with this totally useless helm.

Fortunately there was better stuff to be found on the way to Nihlathak (well not much better, but that helm set the bar pretty low). The best find was this Sol Rune from the Halls of Pain (best rune so far). This impressive poison damage charm (clvl requirement of 13!) was also found in the Halls of Pain (it’s not really useful for this tournament . . . but I’m thinking it has some great potential for future twinking). There were some useless set items dropped by random monsters and then by Nihlathak (the ring turned out to be a Cathan’s). Nihlathak managed to put up a pretty good fight but in the end his Arctic Blast was no match for the General’s Tan Do Li Ga.

On the way to the Ancients Patsy found a nice rare pike that was almost identical to the one that Emilio had been carrying around since Act 3 . . . but this one had poison damage and was therefore gladly equipped! The Ancients were then done at Players 1 (why not) . . . and were super easy . . . Emilio’s life remained perfect and Patsy only had use one health potion.

The WSK was also pretty easy. Level 3 offered up The Grim Reaper (that might be good if upped . . . 100% deadly strike is certainly tempting . . . but upping the rare pike found in the Ancients Way would probably be better). Baal’s Minions were easy to defeat . . . the normal monsters were stunned and the super uniques were slowed by 50%. Not even the mighty Plucked Chicken stood a chance against the General’s Tan Do Li Ga. Baal was done at Players 7 and was pretty pathetic. Being somewhat frozen and then slowed by 50% Baal didn’t managed to do anything but twitch in the same spot for about five minutes as Emilio slowly killed him. The drop wasn’t anything amazing (the +15 strength on the circlet might come in handy for equipping some merc weapon in the future but for now it’s pretty useless). Here were Patsy’s stats at the end of Act 5.

Destroyer Patsy then defeated the Cow King (almost before he knew he was fighting Cow King) and then proceeded to clear the rest of the Moo Moo Farm of the possessed cattle. Patsy threw himself into hoards of cattle hoping for some good rune finds or perhaps a nice barbarian helm for creating ‘Lore’ . . . but the only interesting find in the whole place was another Crushflange (still useless).

Here are Patsy’s stats entering NM (yep, completed normal with 135 stat points to spare).

Code:
Hanshotfirst  Patsy             Barbarian  NM Rogue Camp 47     146      0
Vang          Lackey            Paladin    Cold Plains   9       13      0

Last edited:

Vang

Diabloii.Net Member

Well the rest of Act 1 was not nearly as bad as I thought. Debi ripped through most encounters with zero problems and Andariel wasn't very hard at all. Holy Bolt has kept her alive in a few tight spots that normally she would have died.

Act2 should be much easier due to having a more tanking mercenary than a frisky little mover.

Code:
Hanshotfirst  Patsy             Barbarian  NM Rogue Camp 47     146      0
Vang          Lackey            Paladin    Lut Gholein   19      41      0