Tournament: Merc's Merc

wikkid

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Tournament: Merc's Merc

Think will try this tournament as DeclawedKitten the assassin. Hope to have the patience this is going to require. Are passives like weapon block allowed to be used?

Last edited:

kavarin

Diabloii.Net Member

Don't worry, Lancelot is still alive. But from time to time I do need something a bit more relaxing than wandering around hell with 0 resists. And after pretty much just shepherding an underpowered merc with Lancelot (yeah, he provides at least 90% of the kills), you might think that another merc assisting contest might not be the best next challenge. The idea is growing on me though.

So, class-choice. I really want a legal skill that can boost merc damage. The options I can think of are:

Heart of the Wolverine (Druid)
Amp Damage / Decrepify (Necro)
Auras (Pally)
Enchant (Sorc)

I'll discount the necro as I've already got one :) And the sorc doesn't really have enough crowd control for my taste. That leaves the Druid and Pally. There are interesting trade-offs.

Carrion vine provides corpse disposal at level 12 vs redemption at level 30.

Ravens gives blinding but the Pally gets conversion.

Shock wave stuns groups at range but then you've got smite and holy freeze for slowing.

Fanaticism is similar enough to HoW but the Pally also gets Conviction for elemental damage boosting. I've met enough physical immunes recently for me to see the benefit.

Overall, I think the druid would be safer but a conversion pally will probably be faster not to mention thorns being useful for act bosses when the merc has died so a pally it is.

Abelard

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice updates guys, i'm envious of these teleports. Playing through act 2 today was a bit of a pain positioning my Hero in the arcane sanctuary.. Managed to gamble/roll some nice stuff though.

Code:
When the hired help is good enough..

Savage Partizan of Slaying
Two-Hand Damage: 58 to 134
Durability: 47 of 65
Required Dexterity: 67
Required Strength: 113
Required Level: 23
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0x738613b1
+72% Enhanced Damage
+5 to Maximum Damage

@Kavarin, I went for the paladin for similar reasons. Don't forget sanctuary to push back undead!

Oh my, what an unlucky drop! No-drops upon no-drops...
I think there was actually a pare of rare gloves which I picked up before remembering to take a screen shot, so it wasn't entirely horrendous :p Are you planning on entering the tournament by the way? I saw that you are still going with the SoD.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member

Nice updates guys, i'm envious of these teleports. Playing through act 2 today was a bit of a pain positioning my Hero in the arcane sanctuary.. Managed to gamble/roll some nice stuff though.
I think I will, but I want my number of 'characters I play often' to go from 4 to 2 first. So I want to finish two of them.

wikkid

Diabloii.Net Member

At the beginning when DeclawedKitten approached Ryann the rouge and offered to be her merc, Ryann scoffed and asked what good is an assassin who can't use traps or claws? DeclawedKitten replied you will see as long as you accept me. Ryann thought this assassin was out of her mind but would allow her to tag along possibly she would be of some use maybe soak up a few blows. At the beginning the little assassin could just push people back from the Ryann the rouge, so she seemed to be more useful that the rouge thought however upon her hitting level 12 Ryann the rouge saw a vast improvement instead of just pushing back enemies from hitting her the assassin is now blinding the whole screen so its like shooting fish in a barrel. No notable finds, nor epic screen shots has been rather easy. Still haven't heard an answer on if weapon block is a legitimate skill that can be used for an assassin so no points are in it yet. Pretty sure upon reaching act two the assassin will offer her services to a town guard as the rouge is not the sharpest arrow in the quiver.

Code:
Forum Name    Character         Class      Location     Level   Points  Merc Deaths
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DaD           Paige             Sorc       CotM          26      64      2
Abelard       Baldemar          Paladin    Lut Gholein   20      42      1
Rhia          Sidekick          Necro      Lut Gholein   20      42      0
Hanshotfirst  Patsy             Barbarian  Lut Gholein   20      42      0
Ancalagon     Crazy_Nurse       Paladin    InnerCloister 14      42      0
Wikkid	      DeclawedKitten	Assassin   OuterCloister 17      33      0
Caly          Hannah            Amazon     OuterCloister 14      28      0
sapere aude   MrMojo            Necro      Stony Field   13      20      0
Morathi       Mane              Druid      Rogue Camp    1       2       0
TLOD          Messiah           Paladin    Rogue Camp    1       2       0
Kefka         SomeLikeit_Hot    Sorc       Rogue Camp    1       2       0

DeathAndDecay

Diabloii.Net Member

Cool, new players are in the tourney...

I have defeated Duriel, slowly but safe, merc died 3 times against him, so I didn't try to keep him alive after he's first one.

Stats after A1 and Andariel's drop
Stats after A2 and Duriel's drop
Azrael on top of Duriel
Code:
Forum Name    Character         Class      Location     Level   Points  Merc Deaths
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DaD           Paige             Sorc       Kurast Docks  27      70      5
Wikkid	      DeclawedKitten	Assassin   OuterCloister 17      33      0
I wish I started playing a barbarian when joyning this tourney, it is dangerous for sorceress at melee range(I'm playing mine like a melee char), and I like melee.

Last edited:

wikkid

Diabloii.Net Member

After reading what posted last night didn't seem like a proper intro so rewrote it.

In the beginning DeclawedKitten wanted to be the best assassin she could be hoping someday to be a guardian. Upon leaving the rouges she did what she though any beginning assassin would do she used her claw and shield and hacked and slashed her way around the blood moore. She was delighted to see that she would soon be smarted due to finding two experience shrines in the blood moor alone.

Upon reaching Level 8 and realizing that being a hero might be to hard for her she went up to Kashya who was looking for a mercenary to accompany one of her rouge heroes. Only one condition you don't do the killing you are only there to support the rouge. Your sole purpose is to keep the hero company and if need be be a meat shield for the hero. DeclawedKitten agreed to the gig and met up with a cold hearted rouge named Ryann. Ryann was for sure that the silly little assassin was going to die on there first adventure together, however after clearing the Cave, she quickly realized this was not the case. She wasn't going to the let the assassin know that so instead gave her a task she should be able to fallow and that was to take pictures of their battles so everyone would know what great fighter Ryann the rouge was.

Along the way they fought An overgrown Ape , a dead guy named griswold , A possessive Smith , A foul mouthed dog, and a female demon called Andariel. The Assassin though it looked cool that Andariel burst into flames however Ryann scolded her for wasting precious film on fire.
Ryann told to DeclawedKitten that Warriv was heading the city and possibly could find another hero to work for. DeclawedKitten was sad to leave the rouge behind but to follow her dream she had to go with Warriv.

Upon reaching the city she found Greiz who had a hero name Kasim that needed a helper. Seeings that his new buddy had a pocket full of gems and a stash full of partial rejuvies he suggested the venture out to the desert to find the fabled horadric cube. Upon entering the desert with his new found merc he was surprised to she how she took off running trough the desert leaving him in the dust as it became like pure night it was do dark. She must be insane there is much danger out her. He finnaly caught back up to her at the halls of the dead entrance. Where she was waiting for him. He asked her what she had done she just replied hurry up time is wasting. The duo didn't clear the halls of the dead or anywhere yet in act two. Upon grabbing the cube Kasim demanded they go back to town because this was no ordinary merc he had encountered and why she insisted on him to wear this gold outfit
Code:
Wikkid	      DeclawedKitten	Assassin   Lut Gholein   21      43      0

DeathAndDecay

Diabloii.Net Member

Thats one nice write-up Wikkid. :thumbup: Shame to my write-ups... I need to make them more attractive.

ancalagon the black

Diabloii.Net Member

@Morathi: Thank you.

@Abelard: You're right. My score should have been 32, not 42. Apparently I need to brush up on my 3rd grade math skills... :whistling:

Crazy_Nurse ended up running away from fallen on a regular basis despite being on /players 1, which I must admit is a new experience for me. After travelling through the cathedral and the catacombs, running away from multitudes of fallen, I was quite sick of them and wanted to face Andy. Then I realized that there would be a large group of fallen with several shamen in the antechamber just before Andy. We eventually killed them all, using TPs to reposition Aliza next to the shamen, so she would kill them instead of their minions.

With a couple of 25% poison length reduction pieces of armor, and a level 2 cleansing aura (47% more PLR, IIRC), Andy's poison didn't hurt much; and with about 60% blocking she couldn't hit me much either. Aliza took her out fairly quickly, but I wasn't in a hurry.

Finally out of act I, we upped the player setting to 3 and did Radament, after upgrading Aliza to a composite bow w/ a chipped topaz. We lured most of the undead minions away, so Radament was a pushover. He tried to kill Aliza with unholy bolts, but his unholy bolts did much less damage than my holy bolts would heal.

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Just a quick reminder to new contestents.

When updating your characters progress please either post a table and update your characters level, location etc. Or please just write a brief summary of your character at the bottom of your post. That way when the table is posted it should have the most up-to-date information about everyones characters and their progress.

@All current contestants. Glad to see you all progressing nicely and writing some interesting and ingaging updates!, keep it up! :nod:.

PS. Mane is just about to go face Andy. Ill write my first official update at the conclusion of Act 1 :).

HanShotFirst

Diabloii.Net Member

Patsy and Hannah continued to perform full clears as they entered the Sewers of Lut Gholein. Progress continued to be steady but a bit tedious . . . Patsy was only capable of yelling at monsters and Hannah continued to be easily distracted (wandering about instead of killing monsters). Hannah’s wandering focus hit its climax in the battle against Radament (the mass of Radament’s minions was almost too much for Hannah to handle . . . she would position, reposition, reposition, reposition, shoot, then repeat) . . . if it hadn’t been for Hannah’s cold arrows eliminating bodies from play then the battle might never have ended (well that’s an exaggeration, but things were getting pretty slow).

Following the battle against Radament Patsy opted to offer his services to a different hero; Emilio (a veteran of desert combat who had the remarkable ability to heal both himself and Patsy)! The two warriors complemented each other perfectly, Patsy boosted Emilio’s life and defense while weakening enemy monsters and Emilio healed his Barbarian meat shield while doing all the monster mashing. Against the dynamic duo no monsters had any real chance of prevailing.

The only monsters that offered any resistance were the Guardians. Their ability to raise the undead was a bit annoying . . . though mostly negated through use of taunting. Their bad breath was the real problem . . . Emilio’s only near deaths were due to the extreme poison damage done by Guardians (but don’t get me wrong, the massive dose of poisoning was annoying, but nothing that a visit to Fara couldn’t fix). Other than Guardians the only other monster that put up a good fight was Duriel. Duriel was done at players 7 but was pretty easy . . . Patsy acted as a meat shield and Emilio did all the damage (not really a complicated game plan but what would you expect from a Barbarian). The battle was very short as Patsy and Emilio only tp’ed to town twice (for more thawing potions). Patsy was never in any danger and Emilio was never at less than 50% of his maximum hit points.

Duriel didn’t drop anything good but thankfully there had been some good finds elsewhere. The best finds were both rings. First, this cold resistance, FCR ring was found in the deserts. Then this unique ring was found in Tal Rasha’s true tomb (it turned out to be a 28% mf Nagel). Other nice equipment upgrades included these gambled boots and probably more importantly this cubed savage polearm for the merc (interestingly four savage polearms were cubed and two of them came out as 78% ED Lochaber Axes . . . what are the chances of that happening).

Here were Patsy’s stats at the end of Act 2.

Code:
Hanshotfirst  Patsy             Barbarian  Kurast Docks  28      71      0
Wikkid        DeclawedKitten    Assassin   Lut Gholein   21      43      0

johnnygreek

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi there,
really interesting tourney ,so I am adding myself too
Btw this is my first sp tourney:jig:
Code:
johnnygreek   Confused         Necro       Rogue Camp    1       2       0

ancalagon the black

Diabloii.Net Member

Crazy_Nurse has been very happy to leave the fallen behind, and hasn't found even the undead resurrectors to be much of a problem. Act II was done mostly at /p5 or /p3, with duriel at /p1, although if I'd had the patience I could've done the boss at a much higher player setting. When duriel has a 41% chance to hit, and you have 75% chance to block, he just isn't scary anymore.

With the higher settings, CN has found several nice things this act: an 11% res all gc, snakecord, the dirk 'diggler', and cleglaw's sword.

Here is Aliza fighting the summoner without fear, since ranged attackers don't scare her. She does get scared of melee fighters at close range, however, however weak and pitiful they are. CN has become convinced that it isn't cowardice, it's some form of germ phobia -- she just doesn't like being touched by icky monsters.

Aliza used a NefEldEld composite bow for most of the act, and it worked quite well, but switched to a magical battle bow w/ a flawed sapphire for duriel. CN used a +1 sanctuary scepter he made in the cube with the chippy recipe as crowd control in the tombs, which worked quite well also. While the pair are not quite going through monsters like a hot knife through butter, they are going through them like a fairly warm knife through butter. CN is very much looking forward to level 30, when his Fanaticism will begin to heat things up.

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ancalagon     Crazy_Nurse       Paladin    Kurast Docks  25      68      0
johnnygreek   Confused          Necro      Rogue Camp    1       2       0

pepitosari

Diabloii.Net Member

Well finally time for an update, Serc has been serving rogue, she does pretty good damage but sadly has a sickness called attentional deficit, sometimes she just decides to wander around instead of shooting arrows and being a sorceress getting hit isn't funny, but shiver armor has been helping to keep defense high enough to not be hit often. It has been easy so far, I managed to gamble a nice pair of gloves with over 25 cold and fire res, 5% to AR (useless in this tourny) and a nice 23% to mf, maybe endgame material if I don't manage to gamble or find something better, so far running around with over 100% mf at Merc kills, so to say all kills... hoping that it will pay off. Also using all jewerly with GF which is helping the gambling efforts.

Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pepitosari     Serc            Sorceress    Black Marsh  16      27      0

Abelard

Diabloii.Net Member

The Adventures of Baldemar the Pacifist and Kasim the Combat Desert Hero

When I arrived in Lut Gholein, I immediately heard about an undead menace in the sewers underneath the town. Greiz ran a troup of guards and was willing to lend me the use of Kasim for a small fee. We immediately got on well as he too was a holy man with a focus on prayer. My concentration and his prayer made us a powerful force. We hastened down into the depths, and on our way got lucky with a pile of runes. Before long, we had reached level 3 and the undead lord Radamant who had the power to ressurect corpses near him. This proved troublesome until we managed to seperate him from the rest of the pack and he fell quickly. He dropped a tome of skill, which I was able to grow wiser from.

Using a portal scroll, we returned to town to rest but Deckard Cain (who had hitched a ride with Warriv too) had other plans and was very interested in a scoll we had found in the sewer. Soon enough we were out in the dry hills around the town and looking for a place called the Halls of the Dead. We encountered a menagerie of new foes including scarab beetles who emmitted lightning bolts upon contact and leapers. At this point, we made a trip back to town to try and get an upgrade for Kasim's equipment, he gained a helmet and breastplate with a mysterious property which helped us to find more magical items and a gambled pike which turned out well. We accidentally cleared out the Stony Tomb, having forgotten the name which Deckard had mentioned but the experience was useful. Soon enough we reached the Halls of the Dead themselves. Aptly named, they were swarming with undead minions and their masters. As i grew stronger I was able to imbue my shield defensively and generate an aura of sanctuary which the undead could not penetrate. Armed with our new weapons we reached the heart of the layer and found this mysterious object.

The cube was useful in perfecting the quality of gems and various recipies to aid out quest. Back on the surface we found a magical charm with the amazing property of resistance to all elements. In the maggot lair, the famous arctic armour dropped but without it's fellow pieces the usefulness was limited. A great maggot queen was guarding the Staff of Kings, but she seemed largely immobile and was easily dispatched. The Claw Viper Temple proved more challenging with a powerful serpent, Fangskin guarding the sun altar. Down in that place, another relic of the past fell in Cathan's armour piece. This was unfortunately equally useless to the artic.

The Cube enabled the staff and amulet to be fused together into the Horadric staff which would allow us entrance to the tomb of Tal Rasha once we gained access to the mythical Canyon on the Magi. For some reason, Cain sent us into a building to look for this canyon but after many lairs of cellar and hareem we did find a portal to a strange place. I don't know who Escher is, but I have a feeling he was the architect for this maze. After finding the correct path, we killed the Summoner and the tomb was revealed to us.

I'm not sure what happened between knowing the tomb and stepping through the portal, but we forgot all about which one it was and ended up clearing the other 6 out before finding the right one! On our way we encountered viscous enemies including the conviction scarab Haze and Kaa the Soulless. More mircaculously, we found not 1 or even 2 but 3 pieces of the Angelic Raiment. This amulet, armour and ring were put to use to devastating effect with huge bonuses to life, resistance and even magic find. A physical immune ghost proved impossible for Kasim to kill as it was simply too ethereal, and I dreaded the prospect of ever finding such opponents again. Finally, the last tomb was reached and the staff placed on it's pedestal. The area lit up and a whole appeared in the wall. Nothing could have prepared us for the foul demon which had infested the tomb. Duriel chilled us to the bone, but he was weak and we were zealous. He fell and and we met with an angel in that place who told us that we had been too late and that the prime evils were awakening. Back in town we tried to spread the word but the townsfolk were just happy we had saved them and not interested in the general future of the world.. Thankfully, Meshif was able to take us East in pursuit..

Code:
Abelard       Baldemar          Paladin    Kurast Docks  28      71      1
Pepitosari    Serc              Sorceress  Black Marsh   16      27      0

johnnygreek

Diabloii.Net Member

Confused started his adventure by clearing blood moor and the the den evil.
Finally he reached level 8 and managed to convince Kashya to lend him Sharyn,the cold arrow rogue.From that point the game became a little stalmate since Sharyn prefered taking long walks to fighting the forces of evil.
So after some time(and many annoying shamans raising their minions each time Sharyn killed them):banghead: Confused reached Black Marsh.

Code:
johnnygreek   Confused          Necro     Black Marsh    15      25      0
[/QUOTE]

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
Morathi       Mane              Druid      Lut Gholein   20      42      0
johnnygreek   Confused          Necro      Black Marsh   15      25      0
Mane charged out of the gates of the Rogue Camp, banishing a club and shield that Charsi, the towns blacksmith, so kindly gave him. He began to notice sweat dripping down his forehead as he charged further through the wilderness. Mane was given a mission by Akara, the magical spiritual leader of the camp, to go out towards the Buriel Grounds, slay the evil rogue known as Blood Raven and save the towns guardian, Blaise. Mane recalled something about her being the saviour of the town, and its only hope of surviving the onslaughts from hell, or something along those lines. He didn't want to let them down.

Mane clubbed and smashed his way through countless of fallen, zombies, brutes and quill rats. His fighting capabilities weren't strong and he didn't wield the best weapon either, but he managed to keep moving forwards. As night began to fall, Mane noticed a foul stench in the air, almost like rotting corpses....he knew he wasn't far from the Buriel Grounds. Following his canine like nose, he eventually found his way to the entrance of the graveyard. He edged forward, slowly and cautiously, the mist made it hard for him to see clear but his nose allowed him to sense any approaching danger. He encountered hordes of Zombies and Skeletons, nothing too dangerous.... although he wasn't fond of the Zombies groping around his head. Blood Raven caused Mane a lot of headaches. She was fast on her feet, constantly darting around, in-between her horde, running rings around the graveyard. It took Mane awhile to eventually pin her up to the railing and smash her skull to a pile of goo. Cries and screams of help could be heard during the battle, Mane new it was Blaise and raced to rescue her from inside the rotten cage dangling from the dead and cursed tree.

Open returning to the Rogue Camp, Mane was greeted with applauds from the townsfolk and especially Akara. He managed to save Blaise from the evil rogue and now he could commence his true mission. After getting to know Blaise, Akara gave Mane another mission to complete, this time with the help of Blaise. They were to go out, back into the wilderness in search of the evil queen, Andariel and destroy her before she could plot another attack on the Rogue Camp. The exception was that Mane would majorly protect Blaise, she is considered a guardian of this town and the thought of anything happening to her wasn't an option. Without rejecting, both Mane and Blaise packed up and headed outside the gates, one more time.

Blaise and Mane worked well as a team, especially when Mane grew the strength to form into a Wearbear. Its powerful frame and size allowed Mane to withstand more punishment and better protect Blaise from on-coming danger. This worked perfectly in tight situations, the large frame of the Wearbear being able to block off the countless adversaries that threatened to attack Blaise. However out in the open things got a little difficult, especially in large camps of Fallen. Blaise's vision of the Shaman's was always blocked by the countless of Fallen that pestered and attacked us from all angles. This caused a few headaches, however Mane grew to adapt by distracting the Shaman's attention while Blaise finished off the Fallen and our Carrion Vine ate the corpses.

Progress was steady for our duo, we worked well together and managed to slay all that stood in our way. Mane was lucky enough to assemble a great starting bow for Blaise, which she used to great precision. However despite all the good traits of Blaise.....she sometimes lost focus and was seen prancing around the spot, walking towards and around monsters without even attacking them! Crazy women, i need you to attack them, not dance around them!

Mane recalled being told by Charsi about some Smith guarding her Malice, a tool that she stupidly left behind. The stories about his size and appearance were put to the test, as Mane stood face to face with the ugly deformed monster. When we returned to Charsi her Malice, she was very pleased and shocked at the same time, she mentioned something about imbuing our equipment. Interesting thoughts came over Mane but we decided to hold it off for now.

Deckard Cain urged us to proceed towards Andariel as her plots to attack the Rogue Camp were drawing closer. So we continued on with our journey towards the evil queen. After countless battles, struggles and teamwork we made it to her lair. We were warned of her deadly poison attacks so we drank plenty of antidotes to nullify the effects. Mane stood at the entrance of the lair and bellowed out a defining roar, even to the surprise of Blaise who began rubbing her ears in pain. This quickly attracted Andariel's attention, who out of curiosity of her new invaders, began to engage us. The large frame of the Wearbear yet again came in handy as Mane was able to absorb all of the poison sprays, leaving Blaise save from the toxic fumes (the picture wasn't very representative to this though, however shortly after it was lol). After countless of fire arrows, Anadriel succumbed, falling to the ground in a explosion of fire. Dropping a few nice items for Mane to collect and wear :smug:.

Returning to camp, Akara and Deckard Cain praised our efforts for defeating Andariel and protecting the future of the Rogue Camp. We had conquered the evil queen and gained the praise and trust of the townsfolk. However not all was done yet....... Warriv a traveller of the land, warned us of the evil that surround Lut Gholein in the east and their dire need for a hero. So without wasting time, Mane explained his new mission to the townsfolk and set way for east, to Lut Gholein. Warriv explained of the dangers and monsters that lurked in the east, explaining that Blaise's fighting abilities weren't going to be sufficient enough to fight off the hordes. Mane explained this to Blaise and stressed to her to continue to protect the Rogue Camp, but be ready for another adventure....sometime soon.

Blaise the Fire Rogue, aided by Mane the Druid, Act 2 Normal, Lut Gholein, Level 20.9, Points = +42

Last edited:

wikkid

Diabloii.Net Member

Code:
Wikkid        DeclawedKitten    Assassin   Kurast Docks  28      71      0
Kasim had many questions about his merc DeclawedKitten hoping they would be answered within time. Where had she come from, what was her motivation, and how does she do what she does. He noticed that she always was cloaked in darkness when evil came around. He wondered if the darkness she produced was evil itself. Could he actually be helping evil instead of good? For the time being that would have to wait because to continue on his journey to be a hero he needed her.

The cube the duo had previously retrieved was not doing anything other than making potions stronger and making gems more complete. A cube that took that much effort to get had to have a purpose other than those trivial things. Kasim felt that Declawed kitten seemed to be the leadership of the group this bothered him a little as he was to be the Hero. As she announced that the next place they were going was the sewers to find Radament's Lair and kill him. Supposedly his death would reveal more about the cubes meaning. Kasim wasn't particularity excited to go drudging through the sewers but agreed to go because he was to be the hero and knew if he stayed DeclawedKitten would go alone and he feared she would succeed. That would take away from his status as she would have been the one that saved the town.

The trip through the sewers was uneventful as when they would approach the monsters seemed not to notice the duo and he could easily go up and dispatch the undead with his pike she had given him. Well until they got to Radament, it seemed that he would revive his army faster than Kasim could kill them. Thats when DeclawedKitten ran up right next to Radament and opened a town portal and disappeared. All the sudden he was back in town too. Had she just retreated from the fight he wondered had she met her match? His quickly found out his answer as back in the portal she went and now he was face to face with Radament while the other undead was wandering around unable to see them. Without the other interference he was easily able to kill Radament. He knew from this point on that his life was basically in her hands.

Upon their return back to town Deckard Cain suggested searching the desert for a staff and a amulet that would make the key to face the a lesser evil. So the duo set out into the desert DeclawedKitten leading the way with Kasim fallowing right behind. Like usual the darkness fallowed DeclawedKitten throughout the desert wit Kasim slaughter all they came across with out them even noticing. In the maggot lair it was irritating for Kasim to stay so far back and not be able to follow DeclawedKitten though the tunnels efficiently. She complained to him to follow closer and he replied if you would slow down I could remember I am the one with the heavy gear on and doing the killing and providing you with your defense bonus. It was somewhere around this time when he saw her do a new trick that hadn't seen she seemed to be able to stun or possibly convert the enemies they were fighting if necessary. She is more than meets the eye for sure he was thinking yet still he had to do the heavy work swinging the pike around to kill the stuff she toyed with. Eventually came across the biggest sand maggot either had laid eyes on with a room full of younger maggots to boot. She told him time to go play hero I will take care of the rest be quick about it though. This is the picture that she took to show the towns people. Somewhere in the desert ran into a Elder Mummy The next peice was found in a temple with a ton of snakes in it yet Kasim took care of Fangskin before she could take a picture surely returning with the amulet would be enough to convince the towns people.

Upon returning to town Cain told them to visit the palace, Under the palace the duo continued to mow down ususpecting demons and undead wave after wave. The only noteable one to get there fight captured for the townsfolk was a crazy summoner. It was curious though how the portal under the cellar that lead to the summoner that had a portal that lead to 7 tombs. In one of the false tombs Kasim was glad he was wearing this silly headpeice when he met this ghost. This Mummy's last breath was almost the end of Kasim. A poison so strong with not readily available antidote was solved by a rejuvie and a quick trip back to Fara.

Finally they came across the the correct tomb and prepared to do battle with the a lesser evil. Here would be their first true test of capabilities. Kasim was sure this could be the end so told DeclawedKitten that she could help attack this go around as if they didn't win it would be the death of both of them. She said "I knew you would eventually realize that you needed more than just my mind tricks to win glad you came to your senses". As they entered the new room Duriel takes interest to DeclawedKitten and left Kasim alone. At this point Declawed Kitten was glad she had 42% chance to block his attacks with duel claws out compared to like the 12% with the shield she had found in an earlier tomb. Yet near the end had to break out the shield for the extra chance at good drops not sure if it paid off or not. They returned back to Lut Gholein after speaking the an angel to catch a ride to Kurast Docks to continue onward. Kasim decided that to continue on with her as she was great company and very handy to have in battle even though it did bother him that she looted the fallen guardsmen scattered around the desert areas.

Kasim the Defensive Town Guard, aided by DeclawedKitten the Assassin, Act 3 Normal, Kurast Docks, Level 28.5, Points = +71

Rhia

Diabloii.Net Member

Just a brief and uninteresting update! Sidekick no longer accompanies Kyle the rogue, but has given his unnatural services to Waheed, the desert mercenary. Waheed dons the defiance aura.

Act 2 went smooth as can be. Slow, sure, but Dim Vision is amazingly safe! Duriel was a piece of cake and at some point Waheed was actually on top of Duriel during the fight. I took a screenshot, but I haven't actually looked into the free hosting sights yet.

So on to Kurast Docks!

I've been giving thought as to how I'm going to handle PI's in the future. I wonder if it'll do any good to max Lower Resists so I can utilize an elemental hero? That's my plan so far.

Code:
Wikkid        DeclawedKitten    Assassin   Kurast Docks  28      71      0
Rhia          Sidekick          Necro      Kurast Docks  28      71      0

kavarin

Diabloii.Net Member

I've been giving thought as to how I'm going to handle PI's in the future. I wonder if it'll do any good to max Lower Resists so I can utilize an elemental hero? That's my plan so far.
Almost all PIs can be broken with Amp Dam - that is how Lancelot has dealt with them. He also briefly used Lower Resist with a rogue merc which was slower but safer. Mind you, he had a pretty strong clay golem which you won't have but at a pinch you may be able to use confuse to reduce the number of attacks targeting the merc.