Tournament: Green with Envy III

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
Tournament: Green with Envy III

Well its been almost one year since the 2nd coming of the Green with Envy tournament and after a bit of interest to create the 3rd edition i have decided to go ahead with it. Also the more tournaments the better i say :thumbup::nod:.

Characters & gameplay
  • Your character must be HC although it if you cant you may go SC, but a SC death disqualifies the character from further participation.
  • If your character dies, you may re-enter with another character. There is no limit to this rule, you may re-enter as many times as you wish.
  • Players can use versions from 1.10+
  • Red Rune Mod (RRM) may be used and the same with Rune Word Mod (RWM). However it is completely useless for this tournament.
  • Players can use any character class, any build, and assign stat and skill points as desired.
  • Any /players setting is allowed, and may be changed at will.
  • Any merc may be used.
  • Single pass only (no re running of act bosses and areas).
  • You may return to previous acts and difficulties, however you may not leave town.
  • Atma may be used as an extended stash (style points if you dont use it :nod:)
  • Quests and waypoints arn't compolsary, however if you want points then by all means complete them all (style points if you complete all). Quests can be completed whenever you wish (ex. you may use the normal socket quest in NM).

Equipment Rules ·
  • Your character must be Untwinked (no twinking of items, you must start with nothing)
  • Only green items (set pieces) may be equipped. White or grey items may be used until a green item is found for each slot (means no rings or amulets until a set item drops). After an appropriate green item has been found, you must use that item for that slot or go empty. Once you find multiple appropriate green items for a specific slot(helm, armour etc), you may decide which one you wish to wear.
  • Green weapons you find can be used towards any of the three weapon slots (primary, switch, merc) at your choice. The third green weapon you find must fill the last slot. If your merc cannot equip any of the three, he/she must go weaponless. If this occurs you may do a couple things. One is continue to use your current merc (who will be weaponless) and hope that an apporpriate weapon drops. Or two, you may switch mercs and equip it with the appropriate weapon (if of course the merc can equip it, if not it must remain weaponless until an appropriate weapon drops).
  • Sockets may only be filled with emeralds and jewels with the green graphics, Runes are not allowed to be filled into sockets.
  • All charms are allowed as with scrolls, potions, tomes etc.
  • Merc equipment must follow the same rules as your character (socketables and set items).
  • Quest items (e.g. Khalim’s Will) may be equipped temporarily only when necessary to complete quests. Quest rewards (Charsi, Anya) may not be equipped.
  • Gambling for green items is encouraged

Scoring ·
  1. 1 point for each WP gathered (including Rogue camp)
  2. 2 points for each quest completed
  3. 3 points for each set item equipped (this includes your merc).
  4. -1 point for each character level gained ( meaning your characters level).

Signup + Updates
This tournament starts now. Players may sign up at any time.
The tournament will run until interest has been lost (no posts in 2 weeks). Please sign up using the table below. Please restrain from posting the table if it becomes too big (i.e alot of participants), as it uses up to much space and takes too much time. Just post your information at the bottom of your post. Like this:

Character name, build, act, difficulty, area level, points etc

Code:
Name        Character    Class       Area         Level    Points 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Morathi     Kaela        Assassin    Rogue Camp     1        0
***Table is ranked by points, not level.

Hopefully I have covered all the rules. If not please ask me and I will try and respond to you as soon as possible.

PS. This tournament is basically the exact same as the last one as far as rules go, however i have changed the merc rule up, to make it more easily understood.

PSS. sequana i hope your happy :wink:.

Good luck and get GREEEN!!

Last edited:

nermind

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Tournament: Green with Envy III

Thanks for coming up with this Morathi, its about time I`m really tempted to join a tournament - before the endless farming in 1.07 drives me crazy...
Cant decide on the character - I`m willing to go with a build that can dish out some damage (so no weapon damage based characters) so I wouldnt get bored and stuck (being very safe but killing very slowly as well) like in the Single tree tournament. Would it be a shame to go with the popular trap-sin although I`ve never made one...:scratchchin:

Also I think you have a conflict here:

[*]Atma may be used as an extended stash (style points if you dont use it :nod:)

[*]You may mule items off your character but definitely not back on.

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for coming up with this Morathi, its about time I`m really tempted to join a tournament - before the endless farming in 1.07 drives me crazy...
Cant decide on the character - I`m willing to go with a build that can dish out some damage (so no weapon damage based characters) so I wouldnt get bored and stuck (being very safe but killing very slowly as well) like in the Single tree tournament. Would it be a shame to go with the popular trap-sin although I`ve never made one...:scratchchin:

Also I think you have a conflict here:
Oopss lol.

Forgot to change that from when i copied the rules from the last tourney thread.

I edited the OP, so no more confusion.

rotkiV

Diabloii.Net Member

Finally a tournament that I'm really keen on joining. I'm going to go for a druid (Falconer) he is going to specialize in Rabies with summons as tanks/backup. Atm he is level 11, cleared all of blood moor, cold plains, burial grounds and the two tombs there. Notable finds so far; Rixot's Keen (Too bad I can't use it :/) and a nice rare jewel (it was orange :doh:)

Doom Scarab
Jewel
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 1
Fingerprint: 0xca87384e
+4 to Life
+10% Enhanced Damage
+8 Defense
Requirements -15%

Sorry for asking (tried the search already), but how do you post in the table?

/Viktor

NacRuno

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I was hoping to enter a tourny to get back on the game these days and this is just what i like. I will most likely play a pure summoner druid in SC. I will add myself in as soon as i decide on a name.

@rotkiV: Just quote the latest post with the table and add yourself in withing the code tag. Make sure you erase everything other than the the part with the CODE tags otherwise it gets messy.

Sixstringer

Diabloii.Net Member

This sounds like fun--and something I can do to break the monotony of clearing the tombs in the Bloodgod Tournament!

Question: What are the odds of gambling a green?!

Colorless Green

Diabloii.Net Member

@Sixstringer: low.

I'm in, I think. I'll decide on a build and throw myself on the table sometime after work or tomorrow.

-CG

Starving_Poet

Diabloii.Net Member

Question Re: Socketing.

When you say that white and gray items may be used until you find a set, does that mean socketed gray items or ethereal gray items or both?

Aphid

Diabloii.Net Member

Entering Wasp the Assasin.

Wasp, Trapasin(?), Act 1, Normal, Stony Field

WP = 3
Quest = 2
Set = 0
Level = 10

Total Score: -5

Code:
Aphid       Wasp         Assassin    Stony Fields   10       -5
I hope you guys don't mind that I chose something a bit more cookie cutter... I'm really new to this whole game thing, so I'm hoping that you don't mind. I don't really see myself getting that far without dying anyway. *laughs* And I still haven't assigned any att points yet... not sure where to put them.

Sixstringer

Diabloii.Net Member

Leaving scorched earth behind him, Stone enters the tournament.

Stone, Fire Druid

WP = 2
Quest = 2
Set = 0
Level = 11

Total Score: -7

Code:
Sixstringer Stone        Druid       Stony Field    10       -7

Johnnymc

Diabloii.Net Member

PERFECT! This tourney perfectly fits the theme of a character I've been wanting to make! It's my pleasure to introduce Al_Gore, the green wind druid =). He warned us to reduce our global emissions and switch to green energy sources but ALAS! We did not heed his warnings and our dependence on oil led to the end of modern civilization as we know it. Tens of thousands of years later, Al_Gore reappears to the planet's surface, only to find it drastically changed.

With the ability to conjure hurricanes and tornadoes through his understanding of global warming, Al_Gore faces a whole new challenge.

Code:
Sixstringer Stone        Druid       Stony Field    10       -7
Johnnymc    Al_Gore        Druid    Rogue Camp     1        0
my first hc char, my first tournament char, and my first wind druid. also my first druid of any kind since ~7+ years ago =). Al's wrath will most likely be snuffed out very quickly lol

jamesixgun

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok. I'm in against my better judgment. Nikita will be using Tiger and Phoenix strike with some Cobra mixed in, and may or may not use DTail. She decided against being a trapper, since it sounded a bit boring, and despite the fact that this will likely lead to an early death. But who knows. I have some experience with HC tourney MA sinners, and since I get to pick skills this time, maybe I'll actually have some joy. Anyways, I've always wanted to try a PStriker.

Nikita, TS/CS/PS/DTailer, A1, Normal, Rogue Encampment, 0

It's not easy being green, but good luck to everyone anyway!

Last edited:

wikkid

Diabloii.Net Member

Will enter my first tournament ever wonder how long will last as HC, but alas sounded fun. Been a while since played how would one get sockets in green gear to put jewls or gems in. Character will be PoisonVinesOhNo a simple little druid who so far is just following a vine in the ground that is killing stuff.

ILikeRocks

Diabloii.Net Member

Count me in, Someone will have to put me into the table until I get working interwebs in my new apartment!

Mickey the assassin will be joining. I am unsure of what type of char she will be but I will figure that out as I play. Good luck to all

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Question Re: Socketing.

When you say that white and gray items may be used until you find a set, does that mean socketed gray items or ethereal gray items or both?
Yes that is fine. As long as it is of white and grey text you may socket the item. However once you find a green item that fits that specific slot you must replace it with the white/grey item.

Code:
Name             Character     Class        Area          Level     Points 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morathi        Kaela           Assassin     Stony Fields    12       -5
Aphid          Wasp            Assassin     Stony Fields    10       -5
Sixstringer    Stone           Druid        Stony Field     10       -7
Johnnymc       Al_Gore         Druid        Rogue Camp       1        0
jamesixgun     Nikita          Assassin     Rogue Camp       1        0
wikkid         PoisonVinesOhNo Druid        Rogue Camp       1        0
Added jamesixgun and Wikkid (why such a long character name...:whistling: lol) to the table. Also updated abit of Kaela's progress.

FatFree

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm running a sorceress who has yet to kill any monsters using magic. Cain has been rescued and as far as anyone knows there are no living evil things roaming this side of the Black Marsh. Plenty of NDEs, particularly around Cold Crow.

No set items have dropped yet, but I have collected four chipped emeralds, three of which are now in the merc's bow. The merc also has a (green) jewel of +3 max damage.

Code:
FatFree        Surgestrike     Sorceress    Dark Woods      15       -5

Brutass

Diabloii.Net Member

This will be my first tourney of any kind and first HC char so here we go. Good luck to all

Code:
Brutass        Smashed         Paladin      Rogue Camp       1        0
[/QUOTE]

HanShotFirst

Diabloii.Net Member

Despite being in the midst of another tournament I’ve decided that Morathi is correct; “the more tournaments the better”. I’ll be entering with Radagast, a pure summoning druid (of course). :nod:

Also I was wondering:

Please restrain from posting the table if it becomes too big (i.e alot of participants), as it uses up too much space and takes too much time.
Based on my very limited experience it seems to me that it might be easier to have everyone take a minute to update the table for their own character versus hoping that someone will spend a lot more time updating everything later on . . . It might not be much of an issue assuming everyone uses the “Character Name, Build, Act, Diff, Area, Level, Points” format that you described . . . but as someone who spent more than an hour attempting to bring the Peasants Tournament Table back under control (near the end . . . and I still couldn’t piece it all together) . . . I know these things can get really messy if left neglected . . .

Radagast, Summoner Druid, Act 1, Normal, Rogue Encampment, Level 1, 0 Points

@Johnnymc I loved your characters intro so much, hope he goes far!

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member

Based on my very limited experience it seems to me that it might be easier to have everyone take a minute to update the table for their own character versus hoping that someone will spend a lot more time updating everything later on . . . It might not be much of an issue assuming everyone uses the “Character Name, Build, Act, Diff, Area, Level, Points” format that you described . . . but as someone who spent more than an hour attempting to bring the Peasants Tournament Table back under control (near the end . . . and I still couldn’t piece it all together) . . . I know these things can get really messy if left neglected . . .
Yeah true, it doesn't really matter to be honest. I just find later on during a tournament that when the tables becomes too big it is a pain to see one every post. For now though, you may post a table with your post if it is to join the tournament or to update your characters progress. I will decide later if to continue this, based on how many people join....but for now you may post the table.

Also welcome to all new contestants :thumbup:.

jamesixgun

Diabloii.Net Member

On the offside chance that I'm starting a new page here, here's the table. Edit: OOO! New table policy FTW!

Code:
Name           Character       Class        Area         Level    Points 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jamesixgun     Nikita          Assassin     Stony Field     12       -5
Brutass        Smashed         Paladin      Rogue Camp       1        0
Well. That was fairly uneventful. No NDEs, no Finds, and no screenies. :jig: Only one chipped emerald so far (sitting in the stash), no jewels of any sort, no sets, no uniques, a couple of rares (totally useless in this tourney, and pretty much useless anyway), and loads of blues, but that's about it.

Did I expect any more? Nope. Did I expect any less? Well, if you mean fallen and shamens, yep. I expected far less (at least two shamen per screen width throughout the cold plains, with Spearwomen/Gargantuan/Zombies mixed in: Good times). But if we're talking about NDEs and whatnot, nope: I got about what I expected. Nikita is getting rich, though and much gambling will commence shortly. Good times.

Good luck to everyone! May all your finds be green and . . . well . . . green. :alright: