Tournament: Beyond the edge of the shadows

Heskla

Diabloii.Net Member
Tournament: Beyond the edge of the shadows

Welcome to ---> Tournament: Beyond the edge of the shadows

"In the third age, in the year after the great fall
of the assassin guild Pneuk-Tho, a few of the survivors
have escaped from their light-loving enemies. Their
claws of iron now is now steel in the armors of lightbringers.
The cave of Pneuk-Tho is now razed and nothing seems to
cast the shadows Pneuk-Tho once couldn't live without.
The lightbringers have not only imprisoned the assassins
but also the evil itself."

You are the one to do this. Be the hero of the Pneuk-Tho.

You'll start in the rogue camp and fight your way out of
this imprisonment. Since you just have escaped from the cage,
the only weapon you have is you fists and the bows you can make
from the wood you find. Sure will find some clothes to waer aswell...

The rules are simple, but the journey will be a challange.

Basic Gameplay

• Only assassins.
  • Hardcore only.
  • Only bows/xbows may be used as weapon. Drop katar in Rogue Camp. (You are allowed to put one point in Tiger Strike to help your fists.)
  • Only shadow disciplines allowed. (Plus one point in Tiger Strike for early fists)
  • You may not rerun areas. When you start a new session, run through the cleared area killing as few monsters as possible. Items found in cleared areas may not be used on your character.
  • You may skip an area and return to it later if you wish. Keep track of this if you do it.
  • You may revisit previous acts to shop and use quest rewards.
  • Any players setting is allowed, just no /p1 kill /p8 open chests cheese.
  • You cannot Save and Exit to avoid death. It's either you or them.
  • Charges from non-bow/xbow may be used.

Advanced Gameplay

• Act 1 Merc is only allowed through act1-act3 NORMAL, from there only act 3 and act 5 mercs are allowed.
  • Since sneaking is the key for the Pneuk-Tho assassins, no boots are allowed except in act4 (too hot) and act5 (too cold).

Muling

• You cannot mule items onto your character.
  • You may mule items off.
  • Atma may be used as an extended stash.

Versions & Mods

• 1.10+
  • Red Rune Mod and Runeword Mod are both not allowed.

Schedule

• The tournament starts now. You can start playing any time you like!
  • You may re-enter as many times as you like.
  • The tournament ends after there have been no posts in the thread for three months (i.e. people have lost interest).

Winning & Losing

• This is HC only!
  • Waypoints are what determines advancement, not level.
  • You may skip sidequests if you wish. Killing Baal is the official goal.
  • The official winner is the first person to defeat Baal on Hell difficulty. If we actually have multiple people accomplish that, then you're all pretty much winners anyway.

Thank you wakiki for the nice design of lists. (I took most of the layout from the no-vitality tournament.)

Code:
Forumname	Charname	lvl	Waypoint/Difficulty
Heskla		Fjompan		1	Rogue Camp Normal
Any comments, questions?

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
Great idea!. Simple to understand and looks like a lot of fun.

I might join a bit latter as i am occupied with my own tournament character. If he happens to deeds (god forbid) i will most likely join this tournament as i am yet to make an attempt with an assassin in HC mode.

Just one uestion about mercs.

Act 1 Merc is only allowed through act1-act3 NORMAL, from there only act 3 and act 5 mercs are allowed.
Does that mean we cant get an act 2 merc? or was your restrictions only for act 1 rogues?. And is this rule only for normal? or in NM can we choose whichever merc we want?

Anyway great idea!:thumbsup:.

Heskla

Diabloii.Net Member
Great idea!. Simple to understand and looks like a lot of fun.

I might join a bit latter as i am occupied with my own tournament character. If he happens to deeds (god forbid) i will most likely join this tournament as i am yet to make an attempt with an assassin in HC mode.

Just one uestion about mercs.

Does that mean we cant get an act 2 merc? or was your restrictions only for act 1 rogues?. And is this rule only for normal? or in NM can we choose whichever merc we want?

Anyway great idea!:thumbsup:.
Happy you like it since it's my first tournament. :smiley:
I'd like to keep it simple but still have some little twist. Therefore, no act2 merc is allowed. Act1 merc is allowed until/during act3 Normal, from there on only act3 and act5 mercs are allowed. So, no act1/act2 mercs at all in NM and Hell.

-Heskla

TheReadMenace

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
TheReadMenace   DJ_Shadow       1       Rogue Camp Normal
I'll play! I'm teh suck with Assassins, but I :heart: ranged combat.

First time I'll ever use /nopickup! Probably update in a couple hours.

truePlays

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
truePlays       Charisma        1       Rogue Camp Normal
You know.. I was just about to make a HC assassin when I saw this. Sounds like fun, I'll definitely enter. My first tourney, look out :wink2:

Heskla

Diabloii.Net Member
I'll play! I'm teh suck with Assassins, but I :heart: ranged combat.

First time I'll ever use /nopickup! Probably update in a couple hours.
Nice! :smiley:

You know.. I was just about to make a HC assassin when I saw this. Sounds like fun, I'll definitely enter. My first tourney, look out :wink2:
Hehe, great decision! Ranged HC assassin with no act2 merc is not the strongest, but I'll bet you can do it! :thumbsup:

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Also i was wondering if you could consider banning RWM? IMO it provides an great advantage to people who use it and a disadvantage to people who don't use it. Its just usually RWM is banned in most tournaments and i like it that way because it doesn't give any advantages either way, and makes it a more even playing field. But the balls in your court... so i guess its in your hands. Just a suggestion though.

Heskla

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok thanks for clearing that up.

Also i was wondering if you could consider banning RWM? IMO it provides an great advantage to people who use it and a disadvantage to people who don't use it. Its just usually RWM is banned in most tournaments and i like it that way because it doesn't give any advantages either way, and makes it a more even playing field. But the balls in your court... so i guess its in your hands. Just a suggestion though.
Fine for me (and I don't have to install RWM :smiley:), RWM is not allowed!

(I'll go watching AS for the classic runewords.. Zephyr anyone?)

Rizzo

Diabloii.Net Member
Sounds like a great tournament! If I were still playing I would definately play.
Nice, simple and sounds like loads of fun :thumbsup:

truePlays

Diabloii.Net Member
Hehe, great decision! Ranged HC assassin with no act2 merc is not the strongest, but I'll bet you can do it! :thumbsup:

I was going back and forth between asn builds in my head when I read thread. Only being able to use shadow discipline tree + tigerfists makes skill choices a bit easier(albeit more important).

Act 1 Merc is only allowed through act1-act3 NORMAL, from there only act 3 and act 5 mercs are allowed.
We cannot use the act1 merc in act4? Couldn't we hold off on replacing the rogue until act5 at least? She could die valiantly fighting in the sanctuary :laugh: . I'd just like a little clarification on the matter.

ps. you might want to edit the original post to say no RWM if you are changing it

Heskla

Diabloii.Net Member

I was going back and forth between asn builds in my head when I read thread. Only being able to use shadow discipline tree + tigerfists makes skill choices a bit easier(albeit more important).
Tigerfists will rock the moor! :evil:

We cannot use the act1 merc in act4? Couldn't we hold off on replacing the rogue until act5 at least? She could die valiantly fighting in the sanctuary :laugh: . I'd just like a little clarification on the matter.

ps. you might want to edit the original post to say no RWM if you are changing it
My original rule/thought was that no act1 or act2 was allowed at all. But when thinking about it I realized that we need a merc to help in the beginning. So, the rule is: from the start of act4 Normal and forward you must use act3/act5 merc. The act3Wolf will help you with the pesky Iron Maiden knights... :rolleyes:

Edit: Now the original post is changed. You can have RWM/RRM installed, but do not use the runewords!

Edit2: Sorry for all the bad spelling in the OP...

Last edited:

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
My original rule/thought was that no act1 or act2 was allowed at all. But when thinking about it I realized that we need a merc to help in the beginning. So, the rule is: from the start of act4 Normal and forward you must use act3/act5 merc. The act3Wolf will help you with the pesky Iron Maiden knights...
I am still a little confused about this rule. Wouldn't it be easier to say. Act 1 mercs must be used until act 3 (or 4?) normal and then from there onwards you must swap your act 1 merc for either a act 3 or 5 merc.

To me that makes alot more sense.

Heskla

Diabloii.Net Member
I am still a little confused about this rule. Wouldn't it be easier to say. Act 1 mercs must be used until act 3 (or 4?) normal and then from there onwards you must swap your act 1 merc for either a act 3 or 5 merc.

To me that makes alot more sense.
Sure! My english might be the problem, or logic...

So, you have to use act1 merc in act1 and act2. In act3 you can choose to continue with the act1 merc or switch to Ironwolf. When leaving for act4 you must have an Ironwolf. From there on, act3 or act5 merc are the only options, ever.

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh and also i didn't mean to say no RRM just no RWM, because in the rules it says both are banned. I dont really care as i play vanilla but many people use RRM and i am sure they would like to use that. I was just stating my concern with RWM.

Heskla

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh and also i didn't mean to say no RRM just no RWM, because in the rules it says both are banned. But i initially only suggest RWM to be banned :tongue:.
Yeah I know. It was a mod (no names) that changed it. I don't think it's a problem though...

RRM/RCM/RWM are all allowed, just don't make the "ladder only"-runewords.

Hope everyone notice that... :smiley:

@Morathi - Come on, join the tour.... :wink2:

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
haha you quoted my post before i could edit it.

I am tempted to join and i will, its just i only like playing 1 character at a time. So i can learn, and adapt to the playing style without being distracted by another character.

Heskla

Diabloii.Net Member
hehe, you can call me mr. Fastquoter.

I'm glad to hear that and I know what you mean. Having one char at a time is what I like aswell. But my other char is the easy fishymancer, no need to get fishyskill, everybody is born with it.. :smiley:

truePlays

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
truePlays       Charisma        11      Stony Field
Just took Bloodraven down smoothly thanks to this sexy bow I gambled from Gheed. Drops were negligible but I did manage two chipped topaz off her zombies; little early MF never hurt anyone :grin:.

Last edited:

Heskla

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
truePlays       Charisma        11      Stony Field
Just took Bloodraven down smoothly thanks to this sexy bow I gambled from Gheed. Drops were negligible but I did manage two chipped topaz off her zombies; little early MF never hurt anyone :grin:.

Hi! Nice start, just remember that boots is not allowed in act1-act3.