Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Totally OT: We wrapped priciple photography today

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by HBeachBabe, Mar 22, 2004.

1. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

Totally OT: We wrapped priciple photography today

well, it's 3:30 in the morning on Monday and I just got home from my weekend of filming. Today was day 10 of 10 of principle photography meaning we've completed all scheduled scenes & locations and all further shooting is considered 'pick-ups.' we wrapped at around 8, spend until 10 loading up props & equipment, drove it back to the production office and were unloaded by midnight. the director, the gaffer, myself & my 2nd AD then went for drinks to celebrate. since I arrived at the production office on Friday afternoon for our 5th weekend of filming, I have slept for a combined total of 4 1/2 hours :yawn:. While moving to a new location yesterday, our location manager didn't realize that I had my hand out the window and rolled up the power window, cushing my knuckles :( I'm gonna crash all day Monday and, provided the swelling goes down, I'll be back to killing hellspawn Tuesday.

Anyway, I just wanted to post here because I'm pretty happy with how the shoot went and excited that now we move on to the next stage of production.

2. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Work well done :)

Have another :drink: on me!

And how did he manage to crush your knuckles with a electrical window? My windows doesnt have the power to break a cigarett in half :lol:

3. fishman

fishman IncGamers Member

Congrats on getting it done...you must feel pretty good. you deserve a :drink: when you regain conciousness. Hope the crushed fingers don't affect your d2 playing...not your 'hotkey' fingers, are they?

4. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

Congrats! and ouch. hope those fingers heal soon...now it's clearly time to get some sleep. :)

5. Artemis

Artemis IncGamers Member

Congrats on finishing up principle, always a great milestone. Have you got distribution, or will you be hitting the circuits?

6. HBeachBabe

there is already some interest from some straight-to-video distributers, but the ProdCo wants to hit the festival circuit first, with the ultimate goal being a shot a Sundance.

7. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

sounds like a lot of work. but its gotta be great to see the final product once it gets out there. can you tell us anything about the film - like at least the title - so we can keep an eye out for it? also, i'm somewhat of a film buff... is there any chance i've seen something you've worked on? anyway, congrats on getting all that done!

8. HBeachBabe

The film is called 'Zen in the Art of Yardsailing' It's a documentary about two professional yard sale shoppers. Basically, our crew followed these 2 guys (Buck & Roscoe) around for 7 weekends, documenting how they shop at YSes (as they would call them), acquire stuff dirt cheap and then turn around and sell it for a huge profit. During the week, we interviewed them at home as well as interviewed Buck's mentor Kay, (along with her husband Morton, although I suspect he would rather have been anywhere else), Buck's previous partner Scott and some of Buck's 'Zendo' students. Buck actually teaches a class on how how to shop at yard sales and how he uses Zen to be a better yardsailer. We filmed one class and were set up to film another until Roscoe wound up in the hospital that night with a sprained foot.

as for me personally, it's extremely unlikely you've seen anything I worked on. I've worked on dozens of shorts and 5 or 6 features, but to the best of my knowledge only a couple have been released in any form at all. here's me at IMDB