Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Totally new to barb (read all the guides cept WW)

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by behling, Apr 23, 2005.

1. behling

behling IncGamers Member

Totally new to barb (read all the guides cept WW)

i'm looking to have some fun with a barb. Loved the berzerk and Con barb guide. tink i'm gonna build a con one. thou berserk looks fun too.

got pretty 90% of the gear figured.

arreats face
    ebotdz
    high lords
    enigma
    stormshield (cannot be frozen rune socketed)
    drac gloves (maybe laying of hands)
    raven spiral x2
    nos vamp belt
    gore riders.

queestion 1)

just wonder how much IAS i need to get the highest attackign speed. is it inclusive of the 60ias for botdz thx.

question 2)

will i have enuff AR (not much AR charms) to hit baal after using the warcry tat makes def -50%?.

thx.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

1. It depends on what weapon you socket BOTD in...and yes it is inclusive of the 60% IAS.

A BOTD Berserker Axe would attack at 11 frames and need an additional 65% IAS to reach 9 frames.

A BOTD Colossus Blade would attack at 11 frames and need an additional 87% IAS to reach 9 frames.

2. I think so, but I have some suggestion to your gear that will give you more AR. I'm not sure what a Raven Spiral ring does but you could get a Raven Frost, for more dex for blocking and attack rating. Then you could also socket your Stormshield with Um/Perfect Diamon for more resists. Breath Of The Dying also has -25% target defence so you should be fine.

3. behling

behling IncGamers Member

yea i have a rvaen frost but since i already socketed a charm to my SS a long time ago (1.09 zon days) i'll use the spril ring since it gives too bonus to AR has LL and Mana Leech and 15 resisance to all too. so its all gd.

so if i'm using a ebotd zerk and a highlords i wont'need nos vamp belt since its already 60 ias from zerk + 20 ias from high lords = 80 ias total. i already get max speed i could swap to a string of ears so i have better damange reduce rite?. 10 % from string + 35% from SS + 8% from enigma = 53% does tat mean i have max DR already?

4. Chimaira

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough but you need more IAS.

If you use a BOTD Berserker Axe you need a total of 125% IAS to reach 9 frames...BOTD gives 60% so you need another 65% (125%-60%) to get to 9 frames. Whether it's worth it or not...Maybe 10 frames which only requires another 15% IAS which Highlords takes care of and then you can get your String Of Ears... Getting to 9 frames means socketing your armor/helm with 15% IAS jewels and switching your gloves to something with IAS, so perhaps not worth it.

The cap for damage reduction is 50% so yes you will have max damage reduction:)

You should keep the Raven Spiral thingy, it sounds pretty sweet, even though it's a dupe.

Hope this made it more clear!

5. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

First off do not use raven sprils they are duped and are not liked here, by the forum rules.
    Second off there are much better options.

Yes you want more ias 125%

6. behling

behling IncGamers Member

oic. i never knew those were duped. lol.. maybe i shld hcange to SOJ

7. Chimaira

If you're changing rings, then don't use SOJ's, they don't really offer anything you need. The +skill is kind of nice, but wear a Ravenfrost/Wisp Projector/Bul-Kathos/good rare instead, their bonusses are much more useful.

8. behling

behling IncGamers Member

hi. just wondering if its a gd idea to make a frenzy barb instead. to use Ebotdz and doom zerk together?

9. Chimaira

Depends on what you like...Frenzy is more offensive and Concentrate is defensive. Of course if you use a Doom Berserker Axe then that would add some safety, and you can also use War Cry to stun your opponents. Both builds are very viable for Hell, it's all about playing style and preferences.

10. behling

behling IncGamers Member

ic. tink i'll try both. if i use doom berserkek axe + ebotd zerk. it will add 45 IAS on top of botd's 60 ias also rite?. measn the extra need 65 IAS can be clear using doom zerk 45 + highlords 20 rite?. will tat give me max attack speed ?

11. Chimaira

You have to calculate each weapon attack speed separately. Also Frenzy has different attack breakpoints than Concentrate, you'll be able to hit much faster with Frenzy, the cap is at 5 frames, which is superfast:)

A BOTD Berserker Axe would have the following breakpoints...

IAS Frames
    0% 6
    8% 5.5
    57% 5

A Doom Berserker Axe would have the following breakpoints...

IAS Frames
    0% 6
    23% 5.5
    72% 5

The IAS you need is on top of the IAS that is already on the weapons (WIAS). So you need quite a lot to attain max attack with the Doom Berserker Axe. 6 Frames is okay, but more speed is always nice.

12. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

No. Attack speed on a weapon only applies when that weapon is being swung.

-Hal