Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Tornado accuracy

Discussion in 'Druid' started by the1spoon, Feb 20, 2004.

1. the1spoon

the1spoon IncGamers Member

Tornado accuracy

I decided to jump on the 1.10 bandwagon and make a wind druid. This is my first elemental (call me old-fashioned, but I've always gone shapeshifting), so I'm not that familiar w/ all the lil nuances of that skill tree. Tornado being my main attack spell, it sure is inaccurate. Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal w/ this? Thanx

2. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Aim behind what you're aiming at. I used to shift + tornado behind my target and once you get the pattern of tornados down they're a lot easier to aim.

3. LemurSpirit

LemurSpirit IncGamers Member

Yep, mepersoner is right: You'll have a easier time if you aim some spot behind a pack of monster and shift-click.

you'll have problems when the enemy is against a wall (it will usually takes 3-4 tornados instead of 1 to kill them). And I realized that tornado has some "blind spots" just like BH (at least in my experience there are some occasions when it seems not to hit at all) but I need to test it before writing any conclusions here. :)

4. GIR

GIR Banned

Good point. I don't even bother trying to Tornado things against walls anymore. They miss 98% of the time due to either not being able to click in the right spot, hitting the wall before they get to the creature, or just not hitting. I'll use Hurricane/Merc/melee it myself if I find they're too much of a problem.

Tornado is a funny skill that takes some getting used to. Quite a few times I've had a creature right in front of me and the Tornado goes right around it and continues along it's merry way.

5. the1spoon

the1spoon IncGamers Member

Thanx guys. I tried the aim behind method, and it seems to work pretty well. But, yeah, monsters against walls are still a problem. Luckily I have a trusty grizzly and Act 2 merc :thumbsup: Once again, thanks for the help.

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

For packs I generally just cast a few through them and they die for me, or tele/run right under single monsters and spam a few. Fairly simple.