Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Torch

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by RomeoVsJuliet, Aug 29, 2006.

1. RomeoVsJuliet

RomeoVsJuliet IncGamers Member

Torch

I'm a newb when it comes to this and I dont feel like searching through everything. But referring to http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37188

Hate-Summoner
    Destruction-Nithalak
    Terror-Countess

Hate summoner? Is this like... key of hate you get from summoner? Key of destruction from Nithalak? etc? Now it makes sense i'm dumb.

Regardless.

Does this have to be done in hell and does MF help? Killing Meph and Baal Clones. Who is the best char for that in suggestion?

Can this be done solo?

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Summoner drops Key of Hate. Nihlathak drops Key of Destruction. Countess drops Key of Terror.
    MFing does not affect key drop rates. The Ubers can be killed solo; most people make a smiter for that purpose, although many other builds can handle the job as well.

3. RomeoVsJuliet

Do you have to kill summoner and such in hell?

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Has to be done in hell.

The smiter way of doing it is by far the least level/gear dependant one.

You need these things at the very least:
    A lifetap wand
    An elite shield with good resists (4 perf dia in a elite with already good resists helps)
    A source of crushing blow (guillaumes face set winged helm is usually enough)
    A weapon with as high attack speed as possible.

That gets you all set, stack life from chamrs and equip and go!

5. RomeoVsJuliet

that's slick but i'm not too concerned about doing it in as fast as speed as possible. My sorc could never do it. But then again i'm still saving up for enigma and hoto for my pally.

6. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I promise you, doing tristram solo... you will be concerned of doing it as quick as possible, due to the three constantly summoning minions, and you have no time to kill minions (some of them are physical immune anyway).

A lot depends on if you are able to separate them from one another too. Easiest is to lure meph out first (by running north, then west along the edge of the map, then go little by little east towards the center of tristram until you have meph chasing). Life tap him, and smite him like no tomorrow! Don't mind his minions until meph is dead. CAUTION: If you hit meph with no lifetap, that is death. Get dracul's gloves to recast from CTC.

Luring baal out is harder, but since he teleports, he moves alot more than diablo does. Run along the lower edge of the map and he usually teles on top of you, leaving dia alone. Neither baal nor dia is even remotely as scary as meph, so if you made it that far, the only thing you're really concerned about is getting connection interrupted....