Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Top mellee pvp class?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Hartside, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Hartside

Hartside Diabloii.Net Member

Top mellee pvp class?

Hi guys just wondering what everyones oppinion is from Reading mellee result tables seems pretty one sided zealots seem to win nearly all . The odd fury wolf is in top 3 and seen concentrate barbs in top 3 ,are zealots the strongest class mellee ? Or are there just so many more zealots than wolves and barbs ?

2. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Top mellee pvp class?

They really are the strongest.

A more accurate term should be consistent since I think a barb can hit harder, but aren't doing so as quickly.

3. Hartside

I'm still wondering what set up the fury wolf used that actually won one compatition ^^

4. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

IDK. I've toyed with a little melee, and both my and my opponent's Furies have been block locked and/or interrupted somehow.

5. vknez

vknez Diabloii.Net Member

my zerker didnt loose vs pre melee shaper so far...

duel me mate :)

6. Hartside

Hehe will do mate delivering pizzas till 11 I'll be on late tonight , dam I hate having 2 jobs ~

7. King Shango

King Shango Diabloii.Net Member

Zealots and concers are the easiest since they have high defense combined with an uninterruptable attack. They're the training wheels melee. That said all they're really good against is melee while a fury dudu can kill anything. The only way for a fury dudu to win consistantly vs zealots/concers is through using angling which is considered BM by the vast majority of duelers.

8. Hartside

Angelics bm really ? So it's fine for a pala to have 30 k def but it's bm to have enough ar to hit them , don't understand that but tnx for info

9. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Angling, not angelics.

Angling is where you position yourself, and some game mechanic (not 100% sure how it works my self) can get you free hits.

10. Hartside

Oops read it wrong yer that makes sense ;) so sounds like fury Druids are dead In mellee duels . Still gunna try though got a pure fury wolf now needs to be 6 lvls higher then I'll try a few mellee compatitions see how I get on :|

11. Verashiden

Verashiden Diabloii.Net Member

Angling BM now? ROFL

What it is is that the game is based on a grid. This grid determines the range of ones attacks. I'm pretty sure you can see the boxes if you look closely enough in Bloodmoor. What angling is is the use of the diagonals of these boxes, since the game determines the range of an attack by the number of boxes, not the actual measurement range. I don't quite get it 100% myself but that's how Ink taught me it >.>.

As for the OP:

Depends. If the melee you're involved in is a hold right click and win style it's hard to Beat Zealots. If, however, jockeying for a superior position and tactics are the name of the game I'd say Wolves are one of the best.

OT: Never really got the BM/GM rules for melee. They just seem so... stupid. I have WAY more fun baiting people into bad Zeals then tearing them a new one rather than simply hold left click and hope for the best.

12. Hartside

Verash do you still actively play if so pm me I'm qiutting west and have a present for ya ^^

13. Verashiden

Haha I log on occasionally to fool around but I'm not active.

14. Hartside

Shame lol you and kiba need to play full time again prefereably on Europe only wolf I met on west was oilerfan he is a cool guy to ;)

15. King Shango

King Shango Diabloii.Net Member

Angling is exploiting flaws in game mechanics. What it does is negate your opponents defense so then you're only going vs their block (dodge also if Zon ofc), it also causes some weird stuff to go on in relation to range.

It also makes the duel even more stupid then melee generally is when you're dueling against some scrub who keeps trying to angle. Half of them want to try to angle before you even say go, so then you end up repositioning so they lose the angle thus causing a circle of retardedness thanks to them having to rely on glitches to attempt to win. The other half keep trying to angle in during the duel so you have to reposition yourself (which leaves you open for free hits during the process), then they go back for the angle and this repeats until one of you dies (and it looks ridiculous since you waltz around like idiots during the process).

Angling is on the same level as using WSGing to desynch, a lame tactic exploiting glitches in game mechanics and that's why it's considered BM.

16. Verashiden

So... melee duels that don't involve Hold Right Click and win are stupid? If someone can just stack FRW and desynch why can't someone angle? Unless you consider desynch in general to be BM. But I'm not gonna start a GM/BM debate since those are always pointless.

Thanks for the clarification.

17. nex

nex Diabloii.Net Member

Sounds like made-up 'fact'.

18. Hartside

Well I've tried angling in pubs vs high def mellee chars and I understand both sides of the debate , I ripped a zealot to pieces he had 28k def but he kept saying I don't lose to wolves , my reply was well you did today ;p.
    I've also started a wolfbarb if I get him over 30k def could they be competative as they are really strong vs wolves and other shapers

19. alphaz

alphaz Diabloii.Net Member

Angling is BM in a Zeal vs zeal tournament I entered. It's an exploit where the angling player can hit his opponent but his opponent can't hit him at all. In click and hold duels like zeal vs zeal, if players are allowed to angle duels will end up in players moving around shifting positions trying to gain angle advantage.

20. Judson

Judson Banned

I have taken top melee competitions with my fury druid. If you play east, stop into the Druid Grove channel or join pn/1 for melee duels and I will cover the basics.

If we are talking 100% perfect zeal/fury/conc here, I will place the order as zeal/fury/conc in terms of who has the best chances of winning. If you manage to attain something like an ethereal 4 frame cruel fools phase blade for your fury, though, it is pretty much all over for everyone.

Heya rashi ;) On East the people I taught angling to became so effective that it is now a banned tactic in all of the GM leagues. People just can't deal with anything other than CnH.

In fact, it has gotten so bad that if you ever duel in pn/1 on east, people will tell you to "line up" with them or they won't duel you.

Shift fury is still good enough even when angling is banned though.

Yeah he is mistaken. Angling works because of the inherent lag between user screen and server. If you are able to shift and angle from a specific spot at a specific range, you will have a server lag advantage over your opponent. I can teach you more about it if you want to PM me.