Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Top 5 Versatile PvP Builds?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by soc, Jun 24, 2005.

1. soc

soc Banned

Top 5 Versatile PvP Builds?

I'm sure most of us know/have come to understand that the BvC barb is the most versatile pvper, but what about #2-5?

This is what I had in mind:

1) BvC Barb

2) PnB Necro

3) Ele Druid

4) V/T

5) Ghost sin

However, speaking to mcm, he thinks Ele Druid is #2. Should the Blizz Sorc be in there? What about the Trapsin?

2. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

no current pvp sorcs are versatile.

i think wwsin beats ghostin though

3. fugitive alien2

fugitive alien2 Diabloii.Net Member

hammers dissed again

4. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah Diabloii.Net Member

a ghost sin is a ww sin i don't see why people always fail to see this
    a ghost beats a straight ww sin at being versatile plain ww sin is just too slow

anyways my list is
    1. BvC barb
    2. Bone Necro
    3. Ghost sin
    4. Windy
    5. Hammer

5. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

Windy>Bone Nec I'd say

BvC
    Windy
    Bone Nec
    Ghost sin
    Hammerdin

:)

6. Ehein

Ehein Diabloii.Net Member

You are all forgetting, A good charge/smiter with grief will destroy anyone who doesnt minion stack. Extremely versatile!

7. soc

soc Banned

Aren't hammerdins prone to sorc's, in particular a FB sorc?

I have yet to meet a good hammerdin I guess, but even if they tele on top of you, you have about a second to react and get away. If a good hammerdin could tell me how it could possibly kill something with more range and the same, or faster speed (bone necro/sorcs). If it doesn't do well against those, I don't think it should be in the top 5 versatile builds, considering it can't even kill a char class.

I myself play hammerdin in pvp, and can do desynch charges etc etc, and have been subject to them, but especially as a barb it wouldn't kill you.

8. fugitive alien2

nobody is prone to sorcs. all elemental is negatable, so elemental attackers can't be thought of as versatile unless they have a 2nd attack. that's a bit of a problem for sorcs.

no you apparently haven't met a good hammerdin. it's not the desynch charge that kills you, it's the invisible hammers you eventually run into.

the only really tough matchup for a prepared hammerdin played to full potential (assuming they have a charge switch for zons, absorb/stack for sorcs etc.) is a mobile bone nec that uses prison/walls a lot to stifle desynch. windys are hard, but given equal skill hammerdin has the advantage. they are so close though that skill usually decides that matchup.

all barbs, all other pally builds, and all sin builds are easy for skilled desynch hammerdin. a hammerdin with charge switch (liberator) is easily top 2-3 most versatile. could make a strong argument for #1.

9. fugitive alien2

barbs can't kill hammerdins. should barbs be in the top 5?

10. '22'Souljah

'22'Souljah Diabloii.Net Member

except a ww barb or hammerdin

11. soc

soc Banned

Luis plays NL E and mcm plays L and NL W. Bring your hammerdin to them and say you can beat them.

I personally don't lose to pub hammerdins, although the ones that show up in private duels are much harder. However, I've probably tapped into 6/10 of the potential a bvc barb can unleash.

I believe the answer was using widowmaker to force them out of hammerfields. If their moving out of their hammerfield, their dead. If their charging you, just whirl away, their dead.

12. Speederländer

Speederländer Diabloii.Net Member

First, I agree that barbs can beat hammers.

HOWEVER, it ain't no cakewalk. The best hammer pallies out there can keep the best barbs to the 50% win range. Those pallies simply pack too much damage. No one playing a barb EVER is 100% accurate everytime they whirl. And with the best hammer pallies, one mistake tends to get you killed.

Neither group can claim dominance over the other.

13. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

barb is just the most verstaile char, but not the strongest. i agree with speederlander, there are hammerdins that can beat ww barbs. so as bonemancer, wind druid, or smiters.

there is no perfect pvp char.

14. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

I have beaten every build and class with my fury druid.

does this mean fury > all?

15. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

well, maybe u should duel some "good" players, like mcm or others.

how about we play each other and see?

16. mrJ

mrJ Diabloii.Net Member

Yes

(mep isn't around anymore so I had to say it)

Can he just say he beat blobs 90348590834 times? (Just a rough random estimate, probably overshot a tad.)

17. fugitive alien2

a good desyncher won't be standing still in his hammerfield - if you're stationary he'll stealth approach and try to surround you with invis hammers - if you're running, whirling, or tele-whirling, he'll try to anticipate and lead you with invis hammers.

widowmaker changes the dynamics of the duel a little, but i never had much of a problem with it. damage wasn't scary enough on a barb.

18. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

ya, but is a way to let hammerdin to get out of his hammer field. The problem with hammer is that it's hard to make it offensive.

soc- Most barb do tele and ww away, due to the fact that hammer does so much dmg and it's not wise to stay in here for too long, and u cant alway find the blind spot.

19. dkay

dkay Diabloii.Net Member

hammerdins should be up there. they are one of the most powerful builds in the game. with desync they can kill anything (esp since i killed top players even without desync and just smarts)

but no fa your wrong. i dont know if you still play anymore but things have changed since the beginning of .10 and now. i have personally experienced the wrath of dueling a bvc barb. ive lost countless times to blobs with my 4k max dr 13k hammer hammerdin. desync or not. (if i desynced... he would desync me as well so the duels got a bit confusing) of course ive killed him just as much, but just pointing out that its not impossible.

vrs bvc barbs i found that its better not to desync because you really.. really need to know what your doing. and yes widow isnt used for the damage. its used to just transfer OW then let you loss 800 life at a time. basically to make you take the offensive.

personally i think whirlwind desync is a lot scarier than hammer desync but thats just my opinion.

20. fugitive alien2

nah i dueled in 1.10 for a year or more, including against widow barbs (pub, not necessarily pros, but the dynamics were apparent). only thing that's changed since i quit is ladder runewords - grief smiter with fanat/widow switch would be an interesting challenge.

never had to chance to face blobs with widow, but i never used cta against him either (2.3 life) and most duels weren't close and were over quickly, so cta would offset widow ow i think if necessary. also i had hella stacked regen to go along with med, too. blobs thought i was potting at first ><

i was always aggressive when he was stationary anyway - laying traps then trying to force him into them.