Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Top 5 Mephisto drops?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Malgor, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Top 5 Mephisto drops?

I'm doing Mephisto, over and over and over and well... over again.

Best drop seems so far to be that Amazon only bow with +4 to amazon bow skills (btw what is that worth?)...

What can be Mephisto's best drops?

2. Liquid_Fire

Liquid_Fire IncGamers Member

Well Mephisto has a TC (treasure Class) of 87 so......he will drop anything in that class and below. that dosnt mean that he will drop them frequently though.

3. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

Well, I know in 1.09 it was Arkaine's Valor, as far as uniques, in fact, he dropped a +2 all classes except Barb Valor for me, as I stood there stunned at the sight of the Gold Balrog Skin. At the time I didn't even know he could drop that, and after I showed Valor to the people who called me a liar (they insisted Meph couldn't drop Valor), one of them told me to check out diabloii.net to see if he could actually drop it or whether it was a bug. Thats how I first learned of this website couple years ago. Sure enough, it was not a bug.

By the way, I thought his high TC was still 78? no?

4. dang79

dang79 IncGamers Member

Meph high TC is 78... or so the diabloii.net webpages state...

5. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Thanks for this information, however it's not really what I was asking. I know what Clvl his TC is.

I was wondering for tradeability, what are his five best items? Shako? Others?

6. golcrewg

golcrewg IncGamers Member

Meph can drop Occu, Shako, SS, Shaftshop, Arachnid mesh, Skullders, WT (good tradeables but rather common IMO: i found at least 2 of them Meph runnig) but also Maras, SOJ, Tals Amu (great tradables but much harder to get from him). You wont get exact answer here cause some people found 5 Shakos and no WTs some vice-versa. And some players value Shakos much more then WTs and vice-versa.

Meph drops arent as valuable as 87TC drops (Pit, Pindle) cause running Meph is easy and takes from 1-3min with sorc and he drops up to 6 items - there are a lot of Shakos, SSs, Skullis etc on trade but try to trade Sheafer's Hammer or Tals Armor, IK Armor, WF, Fathom.....

7. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 IncGamers Member

I'm going to ignore runes since it kind of goes without saying and they would dominate the list. And I'm going to lump the jewelry into one slot as that would also dominate the list.

1. Jewelry (SoJ, Mara's, BK ring, Wisp)
    2. Arachnid Mesh
    3. Azurewrath
    4. Herald of Zakurum
    5. Shako

8. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

and of course Valor, Stormshield, Nosferatu's Coil, War Travellors, Skullder's, Arreat's Face, Homunculous....I'll have to check on 1.10 items

OIC some of these have been mentioned :bonk:

9. Malgor

Malgor IncGamers Member

Thank You!

10. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I'll help out by saying Meph cannot drop Tyreal's Might, Death's Web and Death's Fathom, but can drop anything else. Although some drops (legendary mallet, corona, vortex shield, sacred armor, Cadacues) are very rare

11. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

I dont think he can drop sacred armor...which means he cant drop the set or any unique of that type...if he could drop the sacred armor ..hes got eough quality tc to be able to drop the unique or set but not enough tc in item to be able to drop the base item. There are some discussions going on in theamazonbasin.com about the possibility that bosses have separate tc's in both areas - base item tc and quality tc. You might want to look at the forum thread at this site. Its fairly reputable and they have code readers there as well. Their discussions include the effect of area lvl vs monster lvl how one effects the other and how they dont effect each other. A friend and i read it and seems to make sense..takes a bit to read it though...

12. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

In it's most basic form, meph can't drop those 3 items because: Even though he's a TC87, his MLvl is too low to drop those three items

13. AFBrat

AFBrat IncGamers Member

whats with this TC 87? I thought he can only drop to TC 78, I think you guys may mean his mlvl is 87, in which case there are a lot of things he can't drop that are above TC 78, and yes, of course, Sacred Armor is one of them.

I think he is mlvl 87 and can drop up to TC 78, which means things like Veil of Steel, WF, Aldurs Armor, Tals Armor, and many other things won't drop for him, just like in 1.09.

14. sorcees

sorcees IncGamers Member

How can you do Meph in 1 - 3 minutes, its very large, and with a good telesorc, i need about 6 minutes (unless when i am lucky and the stairs are near).

Is there a system in the mapbuild?

15. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Nice things I have found:

Arkaines, Arachnid mesh, eth titan's, perfect gaze.

-Backdoor Bandit

16. 0takuPryd3

0takuPryd3 Banned

To sorcees - Meph runs take me about 1-3 minutes as well. Sometimes more if I tele the whole Durance and then run into a huge pack of Ghoul Lords and Wyand when I am fighting Meph. However, usually I find the stairs pretty quickly just using the "keep shoulder to left wall" trick. There are also web sites with the most common Meph maps, and if you memorize the setup you can kind of tell where it is by which way the waypoint faces.

17. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

You should check out Dracoy's site he has all the generic maps that are produced when you hit Durance lvl 2. Helped me alot and reduced the time searching for lvl 3 by like 3-4 minutes. But now i do pit runs so doesnt really matter

18. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

meph's TC is 78 but his Mlvl is 87.

so he can drop arc/storm/eagle as max^^

hoyu what's dracoys site?

19. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Be consistent with the direction in which you tele. I like to tele to the left of which ever way the waypoint's opening faces. If you're consistent with the direction you go depending how which way the wp faces, your runs should be faster. At least you won't be randomly exploring, which imo will take longer on average. I still get frustrated when I tp for 40 seconds and later find out the stairs was right next to the wp, but as long as you stick with a direction according to the wp, your average time will go down if you're currently having a lot of these 6 minute runs.

And if you're finding that you're losing mana, or that your teleport cast rate just isn't fast enough with your mf gear, try using occy+lidless on switch with your mf gear for getting to meph. Ideally would be wizardspike + lidless, if you add a little dex. Imo it's worth it, because the high resists should also keep you alive against the council's hydras while you're strafing and killing them (if they spawned on the island in the middle of durance 3).

*Don't underestimate the importance and effectiveness of fire resistance against those damn hydras. Because you can consistently use the moat trap method on meph to kill him safely, you should have no worry about cold or lightning resist (ie against his frozen ice ball of death thing and his charged bolts). I put a few fire resist charms on my sorc and even with -20 fire resist in hell the council's hydras don't do that much damage to me. If you have meteor, or better yet blizzard, you can easy cast it and then strafe left and right to avoid hydra shots as best as you can. Just pump a potion before you head off to meph if you're almost dead everytime. If the unique council is fire/cold resistant to you, kill his buddies first, then lead him to the right side of the level, and tp right side up to meph.

20. palerider

palerider IncGamers Member

Top 5 lets see.

1. 4 stormsheilds
    2. wisp projector
    3. vex rune
    4. eaglehorn
    5. wolfhowl ( i think it was him that dropped that, perhaps not.)